Is fruit salad okay for dinner?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

biggrin.gif

Because it's too hot for anything else and that's what the kids asked for?

#2 **Xena**

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Hell yes it is. I still remember getting to have Fruit Salad for tea one really hot night when I was a kid.

#3 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

I recall that too Xena!

Very refreshing!

#4 Feral Borgia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

As long as there are no sultanas in it....

#5 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Sounds perfect as long as there is passionfruit in it, and watermelon!!

#6 Cindy1014

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

We have started doing this! my DD ( 9) and I cut up a big plate of fruit and my 20 month old son and husband dish out lashings of different flavored yogurt then we grab the picnic rug and go sit out in the backyard and have a picnic dinner  biggrin.gif  

We do the same with a cheese platter or cut veggies and dips too.. nice, simple and quick dinners that are very much enjoyed by all !

#7 MahnaMahna

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Fruit salad and yoghurt drizzled with passionfruit pulp. Yum!

In the absence of yoghurt whipped cream works a treat... wwhistle.gif

#8 **Xena**

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

DH and I sometimes to cheese, cracker, cold meats and fruit on hot nights. Kids love it!!

#9 BadCat

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

I ate a piece of cheese and two plums for dinner the other night.  So yeah, I'm not going to tell you fruit salad is wrong.  laughing2.gif

#10 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Sure, especially with ice cream or whipped cream.

#11 *~Sam*G~*

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

I think its perfectly ok, save's cooking over a hot stove when its already hot enough

#12 Breeder

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Dinner and dessert in one.

#13 wenchwitch

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Chop the fruit up arrange on a plate add a pice of bread and butter and it's a mezze plate - very fancy dontcha know. In our house otherwise known as messy plate and can contain any fruit and left overs or bits and bobs you have lying around. Dd aged 7 is a known culinary master in creating messy plates for everyone. Yay winning !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.