Byron Bay in March - help please!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 soph81

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hi all - I'd appreciate some help. We are heading to Byron Bay in March for a family holiday. Looking for a three bedroom place close to town as we dont have a car. We have a toddler and a baby. Anyone stayed anywhere good recently? We are trying not to break the bank too much - there are some beautiful places out there for 3000 + but that is out of our range!!
Thanks in advance!

#2 FeralHez

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Good luck with that,  BluesFest will be in town at the end of the month (Easter) and things book out up to a year ahead.

Further out of town, Lennox Head is lovely, and Alstonville cottages were nice.

Ooh just read you don't have a car, there may be buses from Ballina or Lennox?

Hopefully you mean early March and another EB'er can be a bit more helpful. Enjoy your holiday.

#3 *LucyE*

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I'd stay out of town anyway. I find it pretty dingy for anything other than a passing visit.

What is it about Byron that you want to visit?  There are many places in the surrounding areas that is much more family friendly.

#4 slinky

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Try Yamba, much more family friendly and cheaper. Or Lennox heads just down the road from Byron.

#5 soph81

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

yikes! Not so much the response I was after.

I loved going to byron bay and staying in backpackers when i was younger  (child and husband free!). Gorgeous beaches, buzzing environment, great cafes.... just has that holiday vibe! Going with a young family has thrown me as to where to stay, was hoping someone had been there recently to point me in the right direction. When I mean  cheaper than 3000- i was thinking under $2000 for the week. Yep, we are going early march, am avoiding bluesfest. Got super cheap flights to ballina so figure we can deal with accommodation (reasonable) costs.
Any other thoughts? Thank you!! original.gif

#6 *LucyE*

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

I honestly have found Byron different now to when I used to visit as a carefree single. Sure, places change but in Byron town is t a place I'd chose to have a family holiday with my kids.

If I were you, I would factor in the cost of car hire and look for a rental out of town. We have stayed on Alcorn St in Suffolk park. It is a short drive to Byron township, is right on the beach (Tallow so not one I'd let my young kids swim in, but the beach is fun). These days, we go for houses further back in the hills with a pool and space to run. We get glorious views and can just visit the places we want to. Most of the good eateries are outside of the township anyway.

My real preference though, would be to stay at Peppers Kingscliffe. Just much easier with kids.

#7 FeralProudSwahili

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

I really like Brunswick Heads, just north of Byron Bay, so you could easily drive to Byron Bay for day trips etc. BH is tiny, but that's the appeal for me.

Lennox Heads is also really lovely and not too far out of Byron.

#8 Stellajoy

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

There are buses from lennox to byron a few times a day.

I would avoid Byron Bay like the plague. It is a total hole.

How about this is lennox http://m.stayz.com.au/#propertyDetails/75072

It's right near the lake and the surf club so great for kids, also the bus stop to take trips to bangalow or byron is only 10 meters away. $1400 for the week.

Edited by Stellajoy, 09 January 2013 - 05:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.