How many loads of washing today?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 chookpea

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Yes fluffy, but the only reason why I love hot weather is that I can catch up on my laundry!

I'm on my third load now.  Sheets, winter coats, everything...and all dry within an hour or two!  

Ah, the things I get excited about nowadays!  Tounge1.gif

#2 TillyTake2

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Lol none! Not even the promise of fast drying washing will get me out of the air conditioning!

#3 CountryFeral

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

None - it's all smokey here today.

#4 MintyBiscuit

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

I put one out at 8am and I am not going back out there - DH can bring it in when he gets home.

#5 Zahhy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Have done two.
Contemplating getting the nappies out of the shed as I want to do a strip wash on them so I can sell some of the ones I don't want anymore.
However that means going outside, which is definitely NOT appealing Tounge1.gif

#6 Leslie Knope

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

On to my 4th. original.gif

#7 Feral timtam

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

On load number 4 here biggrin.gif
And I still have to tackle the black hole of DS1's bedroom (his father is teaching him early the concept of a 'floordrobe'), DH's mystery pile and the bedlinens.

On the plus side, I'll have heaps of ironing tonight as an excuse to get out of bath time duties happy.gif

#8 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

one load of nappies at the moment, probably another one later.

#9 EssentialBludger

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

1 so far. I should probably do sheets but I'm feeling a bit lazy.

#10 Green Door

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Onto my 4th now. The first 2 loads are dry and waiting to be put away.
Thinking of doing bath mats next

#11 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

I have a load of towels on right now.

I wash clothes at night and hang out before bed.

#12 BadCat

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

None.  I'm rather afraid I'd have to collect it from neighbour's yards if I hung anything out today.  laughing2.gif

Besides, I washed yesterday.  I almost never wash two days in a row.

#13 WhimsicalDragonfly

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

As many as I have the energy for!

#14 the.supers

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

I am using the weather as a good opportunity to teach the kids how to sort laundry and use the machine.  Lots of practice today!

#15 sparassidae

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Onto our third load now. No different to any summer day really lol.

#16 Squeekums Da Feral

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

The grand total of

feels damn good lol

#17 lozoodle

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

None, though I did some last night and hung it on clothes airers that are out on the deck now original.gif

I've been in aircon since 7am at work so I think I'm in for a shock when I get home at 3 to my non aircon house.

Never mind, kiddie pools were invented for a reason tthumbs.gif

Edited by lozoodle, 08 January 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#18 Missy Shelby

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Only one today but 2 everyday for the last few days prior to today as we were away and had no washing machine.

I am a bit strange really, I love washing and everything to do with it.  I especially love smelling the clothes when they come out and I am hanging them up atm (I even put a bit more liquid in so the clothes smell extra nice).  I think it must be a weird pregnancy thing biggrin.gif

#19 daisydo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Onto my 5th now. Using the opportunity to wash thick blankets and doonas/duvets.

#20 Madnesscraves

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Just about to do my 3Rd!

#21 haras1972

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Also have our doona, pillows, mattresses, underlays, etc, out in the sun for some UV and airing...

3rd load is about to finish!

#22 Feralishous

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

same as always, 1 load. I put the nappies on at night, then put the clothes on top, then long wash, and hang

#23 Tall Poppy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

1 load, I was going to do another but couldn't be bothered.

Most days I do a load though so, it's not like I've done more or less than I would have if it wasn't insanely hot.

#24 CountryFeral

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Damnit.. the smoke blew away!

Just about to hang out #1.

#25 ~chiquita~

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Only 2.

All the bedding plus the doona. All dry in an hour, gotta love that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.