Research: Triple P parenting programs for parents of a child with a disability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 catalyst

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

The University of Queensland, The University of Sydney and Monash University have recently embarked on a five-year project funded by the National Health and Medical Research Council to evaluate the effectiveness of Triple P's Stepping Stones program in reducing behavioural and emotional problems in children with a disability across a population.

As part of the Stepping Stones Triple P Project, parents and caregivers of children with a disability (aged 2-12 years) will have access to the evidence-based parenting program, Stepping Stones Triple P FREE of charge. Professionals working with these families will also have the opportunity to nominate to receive FREE traning in SSTP Programs. In order to register interest in the project parents and caregivers of a child with a disability (aged 2-10 years) are invited to complete a survey about their parenting experiences by going to www.mysay.org.au.

Currently, the survey is only open to Queensland residents, but will become available for parents in Victoria later in 2013 and New South Wales in 2014. The project has received ethical approval by The University of Queensland (approval no. 2012001065) and is led by Professor Matt Sanders the founder of Triple P. For more information about the project, please contact the Queensland Project Team on (07) 3365 6499 or email steppingstones@psy.uq.edu.au. Additionally, please 'Like' us on Facebook for regular research updates.

Thank you so much for your support of our project! Please let me know if there is any other information you think would be helpful.

Warmest Regards

Cassie Rotolone

Stepping Stones Triple P Project Team
Parenting and Family Support Centre
The University of Queensland
St Lucia Qld 4067
Phone: (07) 3365 6499
Email: steppingstones@psy.uq.edu.au

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SteppingStonesTriplePProject

#2 Super Cat

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Just bumping this. Looks interesting!

#3 B.feral3

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

I started it and got about 20 minutes in and it crashed on my. I will go back and start again because it would be good to be involved. I just have to find the motivation!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.