How hot is it where you are?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 purpleblackqueen

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

It is currently 39.6 here and we are still expecting 42. Have all the fan going on high speed and every door, blind and window closed.

#2 ~Mintie~

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

40.3c according to NineMSN. So far we have no air con on, it actually doesn't feel that hot but I'm sure the house will really start to take in the warmth in the next hour.

#3 Justaduck

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Not sure, but quite comfortable. I just have my double doors opened and that's it. No fan or a/c on. Saw we are headed for 37deg tomorrow (Bris) though. Nice breeze here keeping temp down.
Weather zone says 30.7 but I am in a good location that gets breeze

#4 ~sydblue~

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

40.1 here. We have the air conditioning  going and fans strategically placed throughout the house pushing the air through.
The kids are playing smurf village &other games on the Ipads.
The animals are all doing well.

#5 Kenzi_Bubble

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

40.3 says Weatherzone, blinds shut, fan on.

It's a dry heat so it's not too bad

#6 gina70

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

31 in Brisbane here.  Sitting in the bedroom with the air con on.  37 tomorrow, so will be doing the same.

#7 niknok

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

37 and rising here in Perth north...ducted is on and  fans are going...my car died yesterday so we cant even get to the beach for a quick dip....

#8 Expelliarmus

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

It's 26. We need the respite ...

#9 ECsMum

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

42 here ...

#10 CrazySingleMum

Low thirties here, so quite pleasant. Starting to get hotter though, it's going to be uncomfortable in the next couple of hours.

#11 ~chiquita~

41.8 Everything is shut up here too.  It's 27.5 inside but I'm expecting that to rise once the sun hits the back of the house. Very happy there is some cloud about.  

It's a dry heat so it's not too bad

It could have been much worse, I agree.

#12 Swahili

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

BOM says 37. It feels a little like it's dropping off, but maybe it's just wishful thinking.

#13 BobTony

You do, howdo, oh yes you do laugh.gif

Here it's 37.9 and there is light cloud cover that I'm hoping will mean that 43 isn't actually reached.

#14 DG22

Sydney is 40!!!!!
Went for a swim than saw how chubby I looked in my bikini and got upset sad.gif

#15 Chchgirl

About 39 or 40, not sure.

Have aircon and a pool..

#16 Natttmumm

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

40. Can't tell inside as we have air onair on going since 9am.

#17 liveworkplay

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

We have just had a sudden cold change with light rain. I am hoping it is raining harder over the fires that are raging out of control around Tassie atm as it is expecte4d to warm up again in a couple of days. When we had our record 43 degrees on Friday it was dreadful. We have no aircon and very unlike Hobart, the sea breeze lasted for an hour and that was it.

#18 Great Dame

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

I estimate around 5000 degrees, and rising.

#19 squeekums

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

31 according to the internet, much better than the 44 on friday

#20 PrincessPeach

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Not sure, but it's quite pleasant.

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer for us (Gold Coast).

Just hang in there Sydneysiders, if the weather forecasters are correct tomorrow looks a whole heap cooler for you all.

#21 skylark

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

According to the BOM, it's about 29 degrees here, although we live in a highrise on the beach, so it's lovely and cool and breezy up here in our apartment. Gold coast btw, so we aren't in the path of the heatwave.  Definitely feeling for everyone who is suffering in the heat today.

#22 Expelliarmus

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (HappyNewBob! @ 08/01/2013, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do, howdo, oh yes you do laugh.gif

Don't laugh! It's hard to get a park at the beach when it's 40 (I didn't even go at 45) Tounge1.gif

Seriously stay cool everybody, hopefully it cools down sooner rather than later.

#23 Missy Shelby

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

29 degrees here anything over about 35 degrees I start to go a bit loco so I am happy that Melbourne's prediction is for late showers.

#24 RipeWickedPlum

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

42ish I think here. I've been inside all day since taking the girls to day care. A/C is on and when I'm in the room with it I'm getting goosebumps! lol
But the remote control is broken, so we have one setting adn that is at about 19degrees full on.
I'm in the study just off the a/c room and I'm really quite cool atm.
I'm dreading the pick up from day care... it's too hot!

#25 Stellajoy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

A tip: put a damp hand towel in the freezer (or lots of them) when freezing cold take out and drape over your neck or head

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.