VERY easy no-bake cheesecake?
THANK-YOU!!! #43

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Mamabug

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Baking is not my strong point! But I have a strange urge to make cheesecake....

ETA: Due to food issues, it can't contain any flavour other than vanilla. So can't use lemon, any fruit other than peeled pear, and no chocolate/cocoa.

Edited by Mamabug, 10 January 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#2 CountryFeral

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Are you still on that freaky 'everything is banned' diet Mamabug?

#3 CountryFeral

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

If not... grab a tin of condensed milk, some lemons, a block of philli cheese, a packet of biscuits (gingernuts are nice) and some butter and stay tuned till I find my friend's recipe..

This is damn close..

The important thing is the lemon juice. That's what makes it set.

I stir blueberries/raspberries/random fruits through the mix too.  

Although my friend (purist) makes a syrup of lemon juice and sugar and pours that over the top of thin slices of lemon placed in a geometrically perfect manner on top of the set cheesecake and sets it some more.

Use a spring form cake tin too...

Edited by countrymel, 08 January 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#4 SnazzyFeral

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Base

one pack of plain biscuits
150g of butter or enough to wet biscuits well

crush biscuits and mix with melted butter. press firmly into a spring form pan. set till  in fridge.

topping

250g cream cheese
1 400g tin of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup of lemon juice

beat cheese and milk together. Add lemon juice and stir untill it thinkens. put on top of base and put in fridge to set.

#5 Mamabug

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Not this week!!!! This week is Dairy Challeneg Week (praise the blessed saints), thus the urge to attempt making the Biggest Bug a cheesecake.  original.gif

We can have:
Butter
Creme Fraiche
Cream
Sour cream
Ricotta
Mascapone
cream cheese
cottage cheese
plain yoghurt
condensed milk.

Just read your second post - can't have gingernuts, but can have Arnott's Nice; can't have lemon, but can have vanilla.

Edited by Mamabug, 08 January 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#6 iavy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

The base is a packet of any crushed biscuits (ginger nut, Marie) and melted butter.

Then in the blender put a tin of condensed milk, packet of cream cheese( 250g) and the juice of 2 lemons

Poor over and pace in fridge for a few hours at least

#7 Mamabug

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I don't have a blender or food process, will a hand-held mixer do?

OIh, and do I put the crumbs just on the bottom, or do you have to do the sides as well? Does one packet make enough to do the sides?

Edited by Mamabug, 08 January 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#8 PrincessPeach

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Just make sure they are not Myer lemons - the cheesecake wont set!

However this is the recipie I've used:

Ingredients
250g plain sweet biscuits
125g butter, melted
3 tsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1/2 cup caster sugar
250g cream, whipped
Method

Lightly grease a 20cm springform tin with oil or melted butter. Line the base with baking paper. Finely crush the biscuits in a food processor or in a bag with a rolling pin. Mix together with the melted butter. Press into the base and side of the tin and refrigerate for 10 minutes.

Sprinkle the gelatine over 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Place over a pan or bowl of hot water and leave until spongy. Stir until dissolved. Beat the cream cheese, lemon juice, rind and sugar with electric beaters for 4-5 minutes, or until smooth. Add the cooled gelatine to the bowl and beat well.
Using a large metal spoon, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Spoon evenly into the tin carefully smooth the surface and refrigerate until set.

#9 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

http://philly.com.au/recipe/creamy-lemon-cheesecake/

I use condensed milk not cream though.

#10 CountryFeral

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

The lemon is what makes it set....

#11 iavy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

1 packet does fine, I just do the base.

Hand mixer will do as long as the cream cheese is soft at room temp to mix properly

#12 CountryFeral

Oh and you don't need a food processor.... you need small children and a couple of plastic bags and a rolling pin!

#13 Mamabug

Gelatine???? Or frozen cheesecake????

Fortunately, what I lack in cooking (and dietary) skills, I make up for in small children....

Edited by Mamabug, 08 January 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#14 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

ok this is the recipe I use - add the gelatin and mix in right at the end before you pour it onto the base

http://philly.com.au/recipe/easy-lemon-cheesecake/

#15 SnazzyFeral

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (Mamabug @ 08/01/2013, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't have a blender or food process, will a hand-held mixer do?

OIh, and do I put the crumbs just on the bottom, or do you have to do the sides as well? Does one packet make enough to do the sides?

I always use a rolling pin and a bag of some sort. You would need a big pack of bikkies to do the sides

#16 CountryFeral

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Gelatine!

I've used it before - when my sneaky friend wouldn't share her recipe and I didn't have access to the internet!  

I tried to work it out for myself.... used a bit much from memory... very 'firm' cheescake it was.

#17 Halcyon~

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

The white chocolate cheesecake recipe on the back of the nestle white chocolate melts is easy and yum

#18 Mamabug

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Mel, how much is too much??? Or, more to the point, how much is just right?!

And what would the rest of the recipe be???

#19 CountryFeral

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Rest of the recipe was the same - bickie base, Philly cheese and condensed milk topping (with fruit of choice) and well... I'm guessing NOT a tablespoon of gelatine granules.. a little less!

#20 Chelara

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

You can just do a biscuit base as mentioned, put it n a fluted tart tin with removable base  (do sides and base) leave in fridge for an hour then fill with a mixture of whipped cream,  a tub of mascarpone, spoon of icing sugar and if you want chocolate flavour 150g dark choc, melted and cooled. Whip together.  Top with berries or grated choc as desired.

#21 noi'mnot

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

My grandmother used to do something similar to this one. Freaking awesome, using gelatine and no lemon juice. At the very least it gives you an idea on how much gelatine.

#22 TopsyTurvy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

http://theprocrastobaker.blogspot.com.au/2...e-with.html?m=1

This looks pretty straightforward!

You could leave off the passion fruit and top with chopped peeled pears and drizzle with caramel sauce original.gif

#23 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

I want cheesecake now cry1.gif

#24 ~sydblue~

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I usually use the following for the quick and easy lemon cheesecake.
1 or 2 tins of condensed milk
2 blocks of philly cream cheese
about 1/2 cup lemon juice(the riper the lemon the better)
2 packs of biscuit base

For a change you can exchange the biscuit base for gingernut biscuits, and put very well drained pineapple in it.

#25 CountryFeral

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Cheesecake hint.

Fresh pineapple will prevent your cheesecake from setting.

It's science stuff...

*edited to add OR your jam (this now expands this handy hint from being purely cheesecake and opens it up to a 'generalised sweetness hint')

Edited by countrymel, 08 January 2013 - 05:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.