Teen Dental Vouchers
anyone got theirs yet?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gina70

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

As per title, normally I have received mine by now.  has anyone else got theirs  I have made dentist appointments for a couple of weeks time hoping that they come.

#2 Halcyon~

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

what are teen dental vouchers

#3 I'msoMerry

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

I hadnt thought about it until I read your title.

I havnt got mine yet either.

I wonder if they got scrapped with budget cuts?

#4 3mummy3

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

I forgot to use last years ones! Anyone know if their is any leeway with their expiry?
Not sure when or if this years ones will be sent out?

Just checked the dhs website, the scheme is continuing this year but will be replaced by a new program in 2014. Couldnt find any info about thenew program though, or about when the vouchers will be sent this year.

Edited by 3mummy3, 09 January 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#5 mumto3princesses

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

I forgot about those. Nope, haven't got mine yet either and usually have it by now.

#6 gina70

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

I will call Medicare today and let you know how I go.

Here is the link if people don't know what they are:  http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/s...een-dental-plan

eta:  I called medicare and she didn't know when they will be posted, she said I got mine on the 13th of January last year, so hopefully same this year.  She also said this will be the last year this is offered, but there will probably be something similar to replace it.

Edited by gina70, 09 January 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#7 somila

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

I haven't received mine yet, but was told they would be discontinued after this year, so they should come.

#8 JustBeige

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

I dont remember getting mine this early last year.   I would expect them in by the end of school holidays.

#9 Floral Arrangement

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

There is no leeway you need the new one. When I haven't had mine for the older girls at the school dental clinic they have been able to look the details up for me. I haven't received mine either. Although as of this year I don't get one for dd1 now she is 18.  sad.gif  sad about her growing up not about the voucher.

#10 3mummy3

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Info about the new program in 2014:

Grow Up Smiling

Grow Up Smiling will commence from 1 January 2014. This $2.7 billion measure will provide a Commonwealth funded capped benefit entitlement for basic dental services for children. Around 3.4 million children aged 2-17 in families who meet a means test will be eligible for benefits each year. The means test will be the same as the existing Medicare Teen Dental Plan (MTDP), which requires receipt of Family Tax Benefit Part A or other certain government payments. Grow Up Smiling will replace the MTDP from 1 January 2014.Services for basic essential dental treatment, such as check-ups, x-rays, fillings and extractions will be included in Grow Up Smiling. High end (crowns, bridges, root canal) and orthodontic items are excluded. The total benefit entitlement will be capped at $1,000 per child over a two year period.

#11 gina70

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Thanks for that info 3mummy3.

I updated my previous post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.