Or chicken schnitzel)
Lettuce
Carrot
Beetroot
Cheese
Red onion
Tomato
Your choice of dressing/sauce

Have done my math on what it costs me to make and what profit I want on it but wanted to compare that to what people would think is reasonable.

Any input would be fab!

#2 mal'occhio

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Depends on where you are. Sydney CBD, $6.50ish. Small suburb shop - $4.50 - $5

#3 Stellajoy

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

More info: country town, no where else to get lunch .

#4 Oriental lily

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Around 6-8 dollars.

#5 -Moxie-

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Me personally, $4-5. (Im a bit of a cheap skate) But more realistically, I would expect to pay $7-8 which I think is a typical Subway price.

#6 bizikids

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

About $6.00.

#7 Missy Shelby

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I find that when you get a take away sandwhich/roll the price you pay is completely overinflated to what is actually costs to make it.

For any sandwhich that has meat in it of some description (especially schnitzel) you would be looking at paying $10+ from the places I have been to, but maybe I am just getting ripped off.

Will be interested to see what other pp's say.

ETA: Far out, yes I have been ripped off!! mad.gif

Edited by Missy Shelby, 09 January 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#8 YellowKittyGlenn

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I would expect $6-8. I have paid more for less

#9 vanessa71

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

I wouldn't pay the asking price as it's so over priced. I would rather go hungry and get myself something at home than buy a sandwich/roll out.

#10 mitty82

$5.50 to $6.00 for a ham and salad roll

#11 Stellajoy

I find that when you get a take away sandwhich/roll the price you pay is completely overinflated to what is actually costs to make it.

lol, yes...it's a business!

#12 Stellajoy

dp

Edited by Stellajoy, 09 January 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#13 Oriental lily

I agree that a schnitzel and salad roll/ sandwich is generally more. Around the 8-11 dollar mark.

#14 FeralBob!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Our bakery does something similar to this, including cheese if you want it and charges $6.80 for ham or chicken, $6.50 for tuna or egg mayonnaise, and $6 for salad. Avocado is an extra 50c. This is in outer suburban Sydney.

#15 mumto4boys

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

The bakery near my workplace sells freshly baked rolls with ham and salad, chicken and salad etc for $4.50

Well worth a slight detour if I'm not running late for work.

#16 wesse

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I would say about $8. depending on the freashness "look" of the roll and amount of product in the filling.

#17 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

If its ham or tuna with salad probably $6-$8, if it's chicken schnitzel and salad $9-$11.

#18 flopsy

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

At my local shopping centre in Adelaide it costs $7-$8 for a meat and salad roll!

#19 BubblyGal

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

I work in Brisbane CBD and pay $9 - $11 (depending on exactly what I have in it) for a chicken salad sandwhich/roll/wrap.

#20 Fire_fly

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I am in a country town and pay about 7.50 for a ham salad roll. They are very fresh and very full and oh so tasty so don't mind paying that much.

#21 Ally'smum

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I paid $9.90 today...

#22 Cherubs

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Yes OP don't you dare make a profit on it ;P bugger your rent, and bills.  

I think $6- 8 would be a reasonable price, I would probably pay more if it was on big country style bread.

#23 cesca

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

I wouldn't pay more than about $4 to $5 or so for a sandwich... if it's a sub then okay, maybe $6 or $7, but that's a bit bigger than a sandwich...?

I paid $4.50 for a huge yummy cheese and salad sandwich in a small regional town in NSW a couple of months ago. As I'm a cheapskate I first thought it was expensive, but once I saw it (the cafe owner made it in front of me, fresh) I thought it was good value.

But, in general, I wouldn't pay for a sandwich.  I'd be prepared and bring something from home.

#24 bryce's-mummy

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

As a consumer I think $6.50 for a roll is acceptable. And no more than $5.00 for a sandwich.

#25 darcswan

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Note, I'm someone who spends about $10 on lunch every day.  I am not budget conscious and too lazy to make my own original.gif

Ham/chicken and salad sammie on normal bread - $6ish
Chicken schnitzel up to $8

In Sydney, there are several sandwich shops which do massive, dinner plate sized sandwiches for $10.  I'm happy to pay it as its at least 2 meals worth!  

Here's a picture to give an idea of scale:

Awesome.

Edited by darcswan, 09 January 2013 - 06:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.