I like the house
but OCD decorating...

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 Romeo Void

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

is making my BP rise LOL.

In one of the last pics you catch a glimpse of the bookcase and even they are arranged in colour order. Don't think I could live with white painted floors either.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-hous...+hill-111965959

#2 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

My Sims houses look like that!

It's a bit theme-y, isn't it?

#3 *LucyE*

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Arrrgghhh!  My eyes!  That wallpaper...my eyes!

Not my style at all.

And what is with that painted floor?  I can understand liked, but that looked like an even painted floor. My kids and dog would give it a rustic look within a week.

#4 AllyK81

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Going against the grain, but I LOVE it!

It's really Martha Stewart/Cape Cod style, which I love.

I'll admit that if it wasn't your thing, it would be VERY overwhelming, though!!

#5 sa5ha

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Lovely house... but all the furnishings / wallpaper = trying way too hard! Yuck.

#6 =R2=

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

I live in QLD so appreciate renovated QLDers. I love the house and the rooms plus the verandah!

I'm not digging the furniture and deco though.

Edited by =R2=, 10 January 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#7 elmo_mum

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

i wonder what the cubbys like....

#8 Country (deci)Mel

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

People can't actually live there.

The books? Who would arrange their books like that?
And the painted floor - no one could actually walk on it could they?
And there is one (count it) one picture on the wall and it looks as though it is a print, of a bathroom, in the bathroom!
Who lives like that?

I call show home.

A friend of my sister used to 'style' houses and apartments for sale.  They had a warehouse full of  matchy furniture bedding etc. to use to make them look as though you could live in it - in a fantasy of clean lines and co-ordination.

Urgh... the books, the books really annoy me!

#9 Lizzette

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (AllyK81 @ 10/01/2013, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going against the grain, but I LOVE it!

It's really Martha Stewart/Cape Cod style, which I love.

I'll admit that if it wasn't your thing, it would be VERY overwhelming, though!!

Same, the only rooms I don't like are the wallpapered ones.  The others are all lovely.

#10 Excentrique Feral

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

I was going to say looks like a sims house too! Especially with all the tables with random decorative objects on top neatly lined up. Totes going to paint the floors white in my sims house now. tongue.gif

However, I LOVE the claw foot bath.  wub.gif

Edited by Excentrique, 10 January 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#11 whatnamenow

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Am i the only one who noticed the multitude of spare bedrooms but the poor kids 'grace and sky' have to share?

#12 PrincessPeach

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

If you take the wallpaper away It's a nice house.

I don't think it's lived in though - very much show furniture.

#13 Leee

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Little bit over the top, but I have to admit I quite like it

#14 laridae

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

The wallpaper would have to go... and the furniture, and all the things that would require lots of dusting...
But the bare shell of the house would be ok.

I think most real estates advise you to de-clutter before selling, so that a person can imagine their own stuff in there.  So I suspect it is really a persons own furnishings.  I couldn't live there as is.

#15 MrsLexiK

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

I didn't like the prints but I liked that it was matchy. Oh well each to their own.

QUOTE (charlottesmum04 @ 10/01/2013, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am i the only one who noticed the multitude of spare bedrooms but the poor kids 'grace and sky' have to share?

why is it a disadvantage if they shared? my sister and I combined our rooms for a while.  We also shared a room at my grandmothers house (which when she downsized was still a 5 bedroom 2 story place) we each had our own bed with our own stuff on it.  I hope no one thought we were poor kids for having to share a room we may have only slept in 8 times a year.  We thought we were very lucky to have our own special room at grandmas!

#16 TillyTake2

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

I think someone was going with a white theme lol

I actually don't mind it, except the wallpapered rooms, they hurts eyes!

#17 Romeo Void

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (charlottesmum04 @ 10/01/2013, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, it never crossed my mind...that explains why the next two properties in the search were also both weirdly matching.  I thought I'd been transported into Stepford for a second LOL.There room looks like the only one lived in.  Bet they're too terrified to venture out LOL.  The cubby looks interesting too, no close up photo's though which is a pitty.

#18 whatnamenow

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (MrsLexiK @ 10/01/2013, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why is it a disadvantage if they shared? my sister and I combined our rooms for a while.  We also shared a room at my grandmothers house (which when she downsized was still a 5 bedroom 2 story place) we each had our own bed with our own stuff on it.  I hope no one thought we were poor kids for having to share a room we may have only slept in 8 times a year.  We thought we were very lucky to have our own special room at grandmas!

Sorry just going off my own kids who although every night invariably end up in the same bed to sleep and live in each others rooms still insist on having a bedroom each.

#19 muggins_00

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

On it's own all the individual elements are quite lovely. But together it's a bit much and feels very cold with all the white and cool colours. I wonder if lovely natural timber floors might've warmed it up and toned it all down a notch?

Edited by muggins_00, 10 January 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#20 Fluster

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

It's a monstrosity.  Camp Hill is home to a number of shockingly awful homes with equally shocking price tags.

#21 RedBob

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

See, I could *sort of* understand the books like that, because done correctly it it can look good.....

But I wouldn't be able to live with it because I would hate So Very Much having non-fiction and fiction all jumbled up together and serious historical analysis mixed up with my Mary Stewart novels  laugh.gif

But it's the layout that would kill it for me. One of my pet peeves is having the kids bedrooms on a different floor to the parents bedroom.

#22 SeaPrincess

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (countrymel @ 10/01/2013, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The books? Who would arrange their books like that?

I've seen colour-co-ordinator books in a magazine once, and all I could think was that it was done by someone who doesn't read.

NMS at all.

#23 unicorn

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Lovely house, but the colour schemes would make my brain explode. I would strip it back to bare basics and add some life to it. It's very sterile.
And why destroy lovely hardwood timber floors like that?

#24 NunSoFeral

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (countrymel @ 10/01/2013, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And there is one (count it) one picture on the wall and it looks as though it is a print, of a bathroom, in the bathroom!

Urgh... the books, the books really annoy me!

Umbrage!!! tongue.gif
I have a picture of a bathroom in my bathroom - it is an old Pears Advertisement.
It's totes gorg.

With you on the books.
I like chaos in a bookshelf
Ours has Chomsky cheek to cheek with Dr Suess, and Janet Evanovich next to Naomi Wolf

#25 toosenuf

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

far too much white, but that could be fixed  ohmy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.