MasterChef - The Professionals

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#1 twokids+1more

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hi

I keep seeing the ad for MasterChef professionals and it was filmed in Melbourne. Anyone know where the filiming was done? Where was the MasterChef kitchen? Anyone know?

TIA

#2 Chicky whicky

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

I think at the showgrounds

#3 Chocolate Addict

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Yep at the show grounds in the Chicken pavillion! lol

I read an article in the paper the other day that the chicken judging has to find new digs while the filming is going on.

#4 Hairy Maclary

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Can hardly wait for this to start.  original.gif

#5 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

I'm looking forward to this!

#6 Chicky whicky

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I love the English masterchef professionals so I hope this is jut as good.

#7 Chocolate Addict

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Not loving it at all. In fact Mr Marco Pierre White is putting me off. The whole repeating himself 3 or 4 times - annoying.

When he kept saying 2 "X', 2 "Y" three times over, well any normal Chef would think he was asking for 6 of each item not hassling them for 2 of them. And saying it over and over is not going to get it cooked any quicker.

It was obvious Matty was going home, and he deserved to, why say you know how to do something when you obviously don't?

Edited by Chocolate Addict, 20 January 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#8 Guest_Sunnycat_*

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm quite fond of MPW ever since I had a sex dream about him. It's okay so far but I agree I don't understand why Matty would take on something he's never done.

#9 overthehill

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I don't mind Marco, ask me again at the end of the series!  

#10 Cheryl_v

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Chocolate Addict @ 20/01/2013, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not loving it at all. In fact Mr Marco Pierre White is putting me off. The whole repeating himself 3 or 4 times - annoying.

When he kept saying 2 "X', 2 "Y" three times over, well any normal Chef would think he was asking for 6 of each item not hassling them for 2 of them. And saying it over and over is not going to get it cooked any quicker.

I think Marco is doing what I've read recommended for doing with kids - say it over and over until you get some kind of acknowledgement you've been heard.  He stops when they say "Yes Marco!" or "Yes chef!" because he knows they heard him and should have added it into their workload.  It's something I've seen before in cooking shows but not usually as machine-gun-like as Marco does it.  And it definitely works with my kids, either repeating myself until they say they heard me or saying it then saying "Yes mum I heard you mum" so they realise I was after a response.

#11 FiveAus

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

I don't mind Marco either, but I thought the first episode was ordinary, to say the least. Professional chefs being given someone elses creation and told to replicate it? C'mon, shouldn't they be creating their own?

What I found amusing was at the start when they were looking at the photos and commenting on the styles and they were all curious about one in particular, and some of them were saying how it stood out from the others.
It was shredded veges in a glass. It looked like rabbit food served Michelin star style.

#12 Bluenomi

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Chicky whicky @ 19/01/2013, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the English masterchef professionals so I hope this is jut as good.

I doubt it, they managed to ruin the other versions so I suspect it will be the same this time. Plus Marco Pierre White is so annoying where as Michel Roux is awesome!

#13 ~sydblue~

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

How the hell can you forget a main part of a dish?

#14 asdf89

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (~sydblue~ @ 21/01/2013, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How the hell can you forget a main part of a dish?

Yeah, i thought that that a little weird too considering they are all meant to be professionals. Shouldn't they be used to performing under time pressures?

Also I thought it was a little lame of channel 10 to have the intro music go blurry when the shot of the deaf girl's (I think her name is Bonny) hearing aid was shown.

#15 cameo

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

I liked it but I love reality cooking shows...

Has anyone read this?  It made me lol...

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-...0120-2d1hr.html

I also wondered about missing the duck, isn't MPW job to "approve" all dishes that go out?  I thought that was the head chefs role.  If it is, why did a dish with a missing part go out??

#16 jmaz86

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (asdf89 @ 21/01/2013, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, i thought that that a little weird too considering they are all meant to be professionals. Shouldn't they be used to performing under time pressures?

Also I thought it was a little lame of channel 10 to have the intro music go blurry when the shot of the deaf girl's (I think her name is Bonny) hearing aid was shown.

I thought it was a little tacky also...but reminded me of other reality shows where they focus on a few contestants to get public support for them.
This being said I did enjoy the show and I will watch it again tonight.

#17 CountryFeral

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Bluenomi @ 21/01/2013, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Michel Roux is awesome!

Michel Roux ate breakfast at my regular breakfast place a few years ago (back when I lived there) and claimed it as the best breakfast he'd ever eaten!

The best bit was that the awesome people who run it had no idea who he was - so no special treatment, and no nerves either!

#18 ELH05

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Are there any WA contestants ?

#19 Sugared

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (cameo @ 21/01/2013, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked it but I love reality cooking shows...

I also wondered about missing the duck, isn't MPW job to "approve" all dishes that go out?  I thought that was the head chefs role.  If it is, why did a dish with a missing part go out??

roll2.gif I'd taped it last night but probably wasn't going to bother watching it. Think I will now, just to see this in action!

#20 Jenferal

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I missed it sad.gif
But I'm SURE they'll do an 'encore' screening at least once this week.

#21 Escapin

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'm watching it on the channel ten website now. So much better, no ads!!!

#22 Bluenomi

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (countrymel @ 21/01/2013, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Michel Roux ate breakfast at my regular breakfast place a few years ago (back when I lived there) and claimed it as the best breakfast he'd ever eaten!

The best bit was that the awesome people who run it had no idea who he was - so no special treatment, and no nerves either!

And now he's even more awesome  biggrin.gif

#23 JustBeige

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

They did an encore screening this morning.

I didnt mind it, I thought definitely it would be Matty (hat guy) going home as he stuffed up way too much.

I dont usually watch these, but I didnt mind this one, but will see how I go.

Very funny piece laughing2.gif

#24 Jax12

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (cameo @ 21/01/2013, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif  This was pure gold.  Love it!  Thanks for sharing.

#25 AMPSyd

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

That Age piece was the funniest thing I have read in a long time.

Matty's hat - yuck!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.