Brag Fest!
Brag about something YOU have done/achieved etc...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 siemp

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

Ok, so I have read about the wonderful things the kids of EB have done, and often here about the goods and bads of our respective partners.... BUT I want to hear you brag about something you have done/achieved!!! So what do you want to brag about?

Me:

Back in October, I received a call from a HARPO producer who was putting together a show for Oprah (Life class on her OWN network), long story short, I ended up recording a small segment on turning your life around, going from DV to PhD.... basically "winning the hand you are dealt". It was screened on Oprah last night.

During this recording time, I had mentioned in conversation to the producer that I had 'made promises' to myself i.e. "Get through this and we will do xyz" - one of those promises was that we would go to Chicago and see an Oprah show. Unfortunately, by the time court was done, and we were on the plane to USA, Oprah was on the plane to do her Australian shows and then stopped recording the Oprah show. I was gutted.

Anyway, a week ago the producer emailed me with 2 tickets to Chicago to see Oprah!!!!!! We fly out on Wednesday for 24 hours, come back to MSP and then a day later fly back to Aus... Talk about cutting it fine....but the point is................... IM GETTING TO SEE OPRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#2 threeinnyc

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

That's so awesome siemp! Big congrats for you!  ddance.gif

I've no particular subject to brag, but life is pretty awesome here original.gif

Edited by Kenji, 15 January 2013 - 07:23 AM.

#3 balletmom4

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

WOW- how brilliant. have a fab. time.

#4 Feral_Pooks

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

Well done.

I got out of bed! Good start.

#5 axiomae

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Sweet! Congrats on getting to BE on Oprah too!

#6 siemp

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Thanks! Im seriously excited.

I got out of bed! Good start.

Well done! Im like that most days too. original.gif

#7 ubermum

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

I was in a DV relationship too. After finally ending it, I met my dh and had kids. I then started a degree which I have just completed (graduate in May) and start my graduate position in March. I did so well in my degree I got a 6.0 gpa and the doors for postgraduate study are wide open biggrin.gif

Congratulations Siemp.

#8 siemp

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

I was in a DV relationship too. After finally ending it, I met my dh and had kids. I then started a degree which I have just completed (graduate in May) and start my graduate position in March. I did so well in my degree I got a 6.0 gpa and the doors for postgraduate study are wide open biggrin.gif

Well done Ubermum! I LOVE hearing stuff like this!!!

Are you going to do PostGrad?

#9 ubermum

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Definitely. Not 100% sure which particular area, but my graduate position will help me decide that.

#10 madmother

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Well done you two!!! eexcite.gif

#11 Danzie

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Well done!!!!
And I thought I was good making pancakes with mango and maple syrup for the kids this morning!
That's so exciting, have a great whirlwind trip!

#12 tres-chic

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

That is unreal! Have a great time on your well deserved trip.

#13 Therese

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Well done siemp and ubermum!

#14 siemp

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (ubermum @ 15/01/2013, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definitely. Not 100% sure which particular area, but my graduate position will help me decide that.

Can I recommend looking down the post grad route of research (as opposed to course work). I personally never thought I would ever be into research, but there really is something awesome and addicting in it biggrin.gif

Enjoy your graduate position

And I thought I was good making pancakes with mango and maple syrup for the kids this morning!

Yum! And pancakes! I always seem to have epic fails when trying to make pancakes! Well done biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.