Bali
Family holiday with under 2s

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LemonPie

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hi there

Have you or would you go to Bali on a family holiday with little ones under 2 years?  Looking at around August I think.

Advice, experiences and opinions welcome - thank you.

I.e. was it expensive, was it good for family, did you need to take food etc for bubby and so on?

Thank you

#2 MrsLexiK

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Hi OP I will be stalking this thread, as we are looking at going next year when bubs will be about 7 months old.  At first glance (even christmas period) accom looks very cheap for what you get.

#3 naturalgoodness

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

We took DD2 when she was 17 months old. She had an excellent time. We took our own sippy cup/bottle/dummy and miltons tablets to sterilise and swim nappies - the rest we bought over there without issue.

Certainly is not an expensive holiday. We have taken the kids back 3 more times since and each time they have had a ball, I would not hesitate to take the new baby with me later in the year if the chance came up!

I would hire someone each day though to help next time, especially for places like Waterbom Park. We saw heaps of nannies there with little people so that the adults and older children could enjoy other activities while small people paddled in the baby pool or slept. Nannies can be very cheap too.

I suggest you visit the Bali Travellers thread here on EB and the Bali Travel Forum outside of here, both have heaps of info from people travelling with kids on all budgets!

#4 LemonPie

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Thanks naturalgoodness and MrsLexiK for your responses.

Looking at Seminyak but the accommodation seems to be around $370 or $330 per night USD for a self-contained villa.  It seems expensive to me but not sure if this is fair pricing or not?

Will keep an eye out for more responses and check out the Bali travellers thread as recommended (didn't know there was one!).

I was thinking if we went of taking the sterilizing tablets etc and good to hear no issues with getting food.

Many thanks

LemonPie

#5 LemonPie

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Sorry double post!

Edited by LemonPie, 15 January 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#6 raven74

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

You can get accomodation a lot cheaper than that though villas tend to rund more on the pricey side.  We've done Villa and resort with DD, at just two in the villa and then over xmas this year at a resort, so 2.9 years.  
The villa was great for a younger one, the resort was a hit at nearly three.  
We stayed at Canggu the first time, Echo Beach in the villa and paid $200 pn and put a bit more toward a driver who had an airconditoned people mover with car seat. Worth a look.  You can get most foods at one of many foodmarts, nappies too.  If you stick to bottled water for drinking at teeth and you aren't still bottle feeding a small one then you ought not need miltons but you can never be too careful.  Never had an issue with resturant food either - plenty of chippies, plain noodles and the like!  They cater pretty well to western kids palates I have found.
Another option is to look at trip adviser and google and look up "All Inclusive" resorts (we did this over xmas) - there are only about five I think but accomodation and food/drinks/entertainment/kids club is included in the total cost - it makes it very easy with young children.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.