Does anyone still have the Woolworths Christmas mag?
And could look up a recipe for me?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GeminiSix

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

In the Christmas mag, towards the end, was a page with recipes for sauces - 1 chocolate and 1 caramel.

The ingredients were along the lines of chocolate, condensed milk and maybe butter and sugar (using white chocolate for the caramel one).

I have a feeling they were part of a full page ad for condensed milk.

I don't have the magazine anymore, I've trawled the internet looking for them but can't find them.

Is there anybody out there who would be willing to post them for me - I think the method for both are the same, with slight different ingredients.

Thanks in advance.

#2 qak

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Here is a link to the mag:

http://woolworths4.smedia.com.au/Olive/AM3...WFRE/2012/12/01

Is that the mag you mean - I can't see that recipe there?

Or do you mean Good Taste mag - I have that at home if no one else posts before I get back to this.

Edited by qak, 15 January 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#3 fifi-trixibelle

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

I think they're on page 74 with some fruit.

#4 RunDMC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Page 74, have fun
Chocolate fudge sauce250 g nestle dark chocolate melts300 ml cream1/3 cup nestle top n fill caramel
Combine in micro for short bursts to melt

Caramel fudge sauce250 g nestle white chocolate melts300 ml cream1/3 cup top n fill Caramel
Combine in microwave in short bursts, stirring until smooth

#5 GeminiSix

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Thanks everyone!!!

For the life of me I couldn't find that magazine online, thank you so much qak for posting the link, and DMC Baby for posting the recipe.

I'm going to use the sauces in an icecream buffet for my daughter' birthday/baptism in a couple of weeks. Yum yum!

#6 babyruby

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (GeminiSix @ 15/01/2013, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to use the sauces in an icecream buffet for my daughter' birthday/baptism in a couple of weeks. Yum yum!

Hi GeminiSix, have you used the recipe yet? How did it turn out? Cheers

#7 GeminiSix

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yes Babyruby, I made both sauces and they were a hit!  Only took about a minute in the microwave.  

Very yummy on top of vanilla icecream.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.