Do you hide from your kids and eat food?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 BeYOUtiful

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

I have a malteaster bunny that I am wanting to scoff down but don't want DS to have any biggrin.gif
I have on occasion stuck my head in the pantry and scoffed something scrumptious - have you?

#2 MrsW87

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

LOL Yes all the time! This morning was a Turkish delight cake bar *drool*

#3 AntiBourgeoisie

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Absolutely!

It's the best part of being a grown up.

#4 ~Karla~

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

I thought all mum's did that? I do, regularly.

#5 *Mimi*

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

I use to have to hide to eat my breakfast!! Even though there's was the same they still wanted mine. Thankfully they're slightly older now so it's not so bad.

#6 emwill

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Yes, frequently. With 4 kids and a husband to share with, some things need to be scoffed in secret so I can get any myself.

Edited to add : The car is a great place, but usually get busted when DH finds all the wrappers in the door console. He also knows that I make excuses to duck down the street to pick up items and sneak a treat  laugh.gif

Edited by emwill, 15 January 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#7 rainycat

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Yep!  Now that they are 3 they are on to my every move so it is even more challenging now.

#8 Ianthe

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

No but I do save stuff until they are in bed.

#9 CallMeProtart

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

F*ck yeah. I do most of my eating when they are asleep. I still fantasise that I will be able to teach them healthy food habits while maintaining my unhealthy food habits in secret...

Sucks when you have a mouthful of M&Ms though and then they call you and you have to answer with your mouth full and then they say what are you eating and then I fluff about and then they smell chocolate on my breath... makes me feel like an errant teenager!

#10 *lightning

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Yes but only hide from my 2 year old because he loves to eat and gets upset if i don't share, he is autistic.

My other kids, i'm mean and just say no.

#11 steppy

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Yes I have done this. I hate eating in front of anyone who does not have their own food.

#12 Holidayromp

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

DH and I have our treats at night when the kids are tucked up in bed.  
I could not possibly enjoy our yums when I have three sets of eyes focused on what I am supposed to be enjoying.

#13 noi'mnot

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (CallMeAliG @ 15/01/2013, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
F*ck yeah. I do most of my eating when they are asleep. I still fantasise that I will be able to teach them healthy food habits while maintaining my unhealthy food habits in secret...

This is totally me. I'm always making sure she has such healthy treats while I hide in the pantry, eating chocolate...

#14 Jax12

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Like the piece of cake I sneakily smashed into my mouth last night when DS was eating his chicken salad?  No, of course not....ph34r.gif

#15 BeYOUtiful

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

This morning was a Turkish delight cake bar *drool*
Yum, I have never seen those?!

Some funny replies laughing2.gif

#16 erindiv

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Uh, yeah. It's the only way I get to eat. If I don't hide, I don't eat.

#17 71Cath

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

OP, I have never done such a thing... ninja.gif

Oh my sides  roll2.gif

#18 ~Karla~

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (CallMeAliG @ 15/01/2013, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is completely and utterly possible. If I ate as healthily as my kids, I would be 10kgs lighter. Instead I give them a fruit platter and hide in the pantry eating chocolates and biscuits. ph34r.gif

#19 boatiebabe

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

I've never done it, but there is ample evidence around my house that DH and DD do. Chocolate wrappers stuffed behind cushions etc.

DS is like me and doesn't lust for sneaky snacks. He is awesome at self limiting his food intake.

I don't mind sharing and truthfully I feel like they do me a favour if they ask for something I am eating. Usually I don't really need it.  biggrin.gif

#20 Rachaelxxx

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

For sure, I do or I wait to splurge when I put them to bed at nights.

#21 squeekums

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Since I live on chocolate and thats bad for DD so she cant biggrin.gif
I have many secret stashes around the house.
They get visited often

#22 squeekums

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Forgot to mention TURKISH DELIGHT CAKE????
Where do you aquire such a thing
This is a matter of life and death that I know biggrin.gif

#23 bearmum

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yes. Because sometimes just once in a while, just occasionally, I want to eat ALL of what I feel like. Not most of it. Not a lot of it minus a cute little 2 year old bite mark. Not a bit for me, a bit for DS, a bit for DD but ALL of it.

So sometimes I hide while I eat it original.gif and it is yum!

#24 Kenzi_Bubble

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

No!

I take it to work lol

#25 Sir Dinosaurus

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Oh my God Yes.

Also my youngest got quite a big supply of chocolate treats from Santa considering he is too little for chocolates...

I also need to know where this turkish delight cake comes from.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.