Would you buy a SnS Compaq for a small 4 year old?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fifi-trixibelle

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

We are looking at which car seats to get for our new car (Audi Q7) and at this stage we are thinking we will put the new baby plus our 2 DDs who will be just 3 and almost 4 across the middle row all in Compaqs but I'm not sure whether I should get my older DD a Compaq or something else?

Also, we don't have the car yet and the baby is not due until late June so I'm not sure if there will be something newer/better out by then?

#2 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Another option might be to put your 4 & 3 year olds in compaqs and hire or buy a capsule for the baby then once your bub is too big for the capsule you can give your 4yo compaq to the baby and get her a new seat then.

Edited by sparkler, 20 January 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#3 IsolaBella

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Considering the Compaq will last to approx 120cm I would have no issues buying one. My 65-70% child still has growing room in the Compaq at 5.5yrs. The compaq was purchased just before he turned 5yrs. He has now gone to a booster seat as 3yo is getting to big for her set so she now needs the Compaq.

Edited by lsolaBella, 15 January 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#4 ednaboo

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

I tried my tall 5.5yo DD in one recently - she was 120cm and her shoulders were 1 or 2cm above the height marker.

#5 Ally'smum

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

I have the Compaq and I was thinking of getting something bigger for my 2 year old. I am looking at the Maxi rider.

#6 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

It's important to remember with heights that a 120cm child who has long legs and a shorter torso will get longer out of a seat than a child who has a longer torso. That's why it's best to try them in the seats if you can before you buy them  original.gif .

#7 fifi-trixibelle

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'm not sure exactly how tall she is at the moment but we tend to make small bodied, long legged girls so it sounds like it will be fine, we still have a couple of months before we will buy.

I was thinking of having a capsule for the baby to begin with but not many seem to have rated too highly so I was thinking I might just get a carseat instead.

#8 LeiLei

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

There's no capsules tested in the new CREP results, but in the past the One-Safe, Baby Love Snap N Go, Steelcraft and Chicco capsules have tested well.  

I personally would probably get a capsule and two Compaqs to start with and then look at getting a Maxi Rider Easy Adjust for your eldest in twelve months or so.

#9 fifi-trixibelle

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

If I am to get a capsule I want one that will fit onto a pram but I can't seem to find what prams the One Safe goes onto which would be my first choice.

As I'm not interested in the Steelcraft prams or the one Baby Love pram I could find I was then quite interested in the Chicco until I read that it only got 3/12 for a crucial section or something?

#10 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

The one safe goes onto the Safety 1st Shuttle pram http://bananababy.com.au/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1498 .

The Peg Perego Viaggio gives you a lot more options as many different brands of pram sell adaptors to use with it. Here is an example, the BJ City Select has an adaptor that will take a few different brands http://bananababy.com.au/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1310

Same with the Chicco.

Edited by sparkler, 16 January 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#11 LeiLei

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

The One Safe is part of a travel system:

http://www.igcdorel.com.au/cms-car-seats/i...nt-carrier.phps

However, I believe you can remove the existing in-built adaptors to use it with other prams like Bugaboo, Baby Jogger and QUinny  - see link below.  But I haven't seen this done personally...

http://strollersandprams.com/forums/viewto...01&start=15

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.