90cm oven/range/induction - brands?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 antigone_

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

We'll be renovating soon as well as welcoming our fifth family member. After completely scaring myself off the massive $10,000 double oven cooker by Ilve, my partner and I have decided to slash the kitchen budget and go for a 90cm configuration of either:

- induction cooktop with underbench electric oven plus slide-out rangehood

Or

- all-in-one cooker with induction cooktop and one large electric oven plus slide-out rangehood

Without going uber-expensive (we'll spend up to $4000 to $5000), what would you recommend? Would love to hear from people who are happy with their 90cm set ups and what brands you have.

Thanks original.gif

#2 PureBliss

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Our is not induction, but 90cm stainless steel Smeg, with gas top (and wok burner).

Absolutely love it. My previous oven was an Ilve, so it was a hard act to follow. Absolutely no complaints about the Smeg.

#3 iwanttosleepin

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

do not buy a cheap induction cooker.

If you go induction, buy quality.

We had a 90cm Ilve - gas cooktop within your budget and love it.

#4 josh2003

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

There is a new Ilve 90cm that has a combination of gas and induction. I think it's 4 gas burners and 2 induction zones. I was always planning on getting this stove, but decided to get a 90cm Falcon cooker that has a pyrolytic oven (as opposed to the catalytic liners which apparently aren't as good).

Also, the oven in the Ilve didn't seem as big as the Falcon.

We haven't installed the Falcon yet, so I can't vouch for how good it is, but according to my google search, people seem to love it.

The Ilve and Falcons that I have looked at have been around $5-$7k though, so obviously a bit higher than you've budgeted for, but they're apparently great quality.

#5 lozoodle

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

I love my smeg!

But I can't comment on cost as we got a 55% discount and I think we still paid about $2,500 all up for our appliances (under bench oven, range, ceramic cooktop and dishwasher)

#6 Escapin

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

We have a 90cm Ilve - gas stove and electric oven. The stove is great, the oven runs at least 20 degrees hot so I have a cheapy thermometer inside the oven so I can see what's really going on! Does cook things beautifully though original.gif
We also have a big Ilve rangehood, and it can just about keep up with the smoke I create. I've worked in commercial kitchens are crappy rangehoods just drive me bonkers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.