New CREP test results out 2010 seats

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 IsolaBella

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

New CREP test results are out.

unsure.gif on the results though. The Meridian (which I did not think was changed) has performed worse.

Just RE read the detail... They have changed some of the testing categories so you can't really compare 2010 to 2004 std test results

Edited by lsolaBella, 16 January 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#2 fifi-trixibelle

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

I didn't realise they deleted the previously tested seats when they but another lot of results up but I can't seem to see the results for any capsules anymore.

#3 IsolaBella

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

They are there under prior to 2012

#4 fifi-trixibelle

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

I can't seem to find that section.

#5 IsolaBella

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

On my ipad it is on the next tab

http://m.crep.com.au/listing.php?type=rear...eriod=2012prior

#6 muggins_00

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

They've only tested 5 seats in the rear facing category? Is it normal for them to test so few?

#7 IsolaBella

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

The problem is there are a whole lot of new seats on the market. These test results were due in Oct and planned in June, so many new seats have come out. They also only test commercially available seats (ie purchase them themselves).

#8 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Looks like the Maxi-Cosi Complete Air did poorly, with the poor results for the Mico as well I am not too impressed with MC Australia full stop!

On the other hand the Hipod Boston seems to be very good, performed even better than the HiLiner which also got five stars.

And it's cheaper!

#9 IsolaBella

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Both seats based on the US seats (complete Air is a safety 1st seat), so no real relation to theEU seats.

#10 noonehere

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Good to see babylove ezy combo did well..

#11 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (lsolaBella @ 16/01/2013, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Both seats based on the US seats (complete Air is a safety 1st seat), so no real relation to theEU seats.

Oh I know, all three of my neices (who live in Europe) were in Maxi-Cosi capsules then Priorifix seats  original.gif , they were great seats but the Australian seats have not make me want to rush out and buy them.

I am also glad I got the Meridian and I did not pay an extra $150.00 for the Platinum, the air protect does not seem to have made a difference in the crash tests at all.

Edited by lucky 2, 17 January 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#12 LeiLei

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Very interesting results.  

It's just a shame that the best performing seats in the rearward facing category have lower height markers :-(

#13 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

I would not avoid the Compaq or Neon just because they have not been tested yet, a seat that keeps your child safely RF for longer and meets Australian standards is still a good seat!

#14 zande

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Thankfully I've moved on to boosters now and we have the Hiliner so happy with the results. I've just given my SIL the EzyCombo we only used for a few months for my nephew so happy there too (it's a great seat). But I'd be disappointed if I had a new baby now, there seems to be so little choice for safely rearward facing? Maybe I'm reading the results wrong?

#15 Just Another Cat

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (sparkler @ 16/01/2013, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am also glad I got the Meridian and I did not pay an extra $150.00 for the Platinum, the air protect does not seem to have made a difference in the crash tests at all.

Actually they did score differently in one category The Meridian AHR
Managing impact energy to the dummy's head in side impacts0/8

The Platinum...
Managing impact energy to the dummy's head in side impacts6/8

It seems that the platinum does provide extra head protection as was expected.

#16 the.supers

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hard to believe a foam booster from baby love outperformed the maxi rider and many other seats.  It looks like it has hardly any features.

#17 lbj

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Wow, the Luxi Crown performs well in all categories! That surprised me. Would be a great buy for grandparents and carers looking after multiple kids of different ages (at different times)

#18 Lukaboo

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Can I please ask what may be a stupid question?

I am confused as to how to now compare rear facing seats for under 6months from the old results to the new results?

We were looking to purchase the Safety first one safe capsule as the best rating capsule with 5 stars rating for protection. With the new seats tested the highest rated for protection was the Luxi crown with only 4 stars?

Am I right to assume the safety first capsule in that instance is still the safer option?

To be honest I find the whole system seems to get more confusing as it goes on.

#19 IsolaBella

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

You can't really compare as they changed their testing methods.

I would go safety fit prat capsule then later on get a longer RF seat then get the Luxi crowne which will RF for a lesser time compared to other seats.

The Luxi Crown would be a good choice for 2nd car or grandparents car though.

#20 FeralAndIKnowIt

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (lsolaBella @ 16/01/2013, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New CREP test results are out.

unsure.gif on the results though. The Meridian (which I did not think was changed) has performed worse.

Just RE read the detail... They have changed some of the testing categories so you can't really compare 2010 to 2004 std test results

Wow - so my Meridian that I bought 4 years ago that was one of the best on the market at the time now only scores 1 star RF & 2 stars FF. Bit scary.

#21 ednaboo

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Wow the Hipod Milan only gets a one star RF now, even with those massive side wings cos it failed "Managing impact energy to the dummy's head in side impacts 0/8".  I think we can extrapolate that to mean that the Babylove Ezyswitch and Vantage would also score poorly RF.  I really wish there were some more RF tests.

I'm also surprised that the Maxi Cosi Complete Air got "Managing impact energy to the dummy's head in side impacts 0/8".  Is the Air Protect is pointless then?

I'm astonished that a foam booster with no anitsubmarine feature got 4 stars.

aimee28: I'm afraid that is old news - that is from the previous testing.  It was something we used to bang on about it this forum - that the most expensive car seat actually tested quite poorly in CREP.  Obviously the manufacturer listened and now the current version of that seat performs better.

#22 Just Another Cat

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (ednaboo @ 18/01/2013, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm also surprised that the Maxi Cosi Complete Air got "Managing impact energy to the dummy's head in side impacts 0/8".  Is the Air Protect is pointless then?

I'm astonished that a foam booster with no anitsubmarine feature got 4 stars.

It's results like this that make me question the new testing methods. That foam booster only scored 1 star for maintaining its structural integrity, which is a critical feature.

Also, in the rear-facing tests, the Meridian and Platinum scored differently in "Manniging impact energy to the dummy's torso in frontal impact". The Platinum scoring 2 points lower. Aren't they essentially the same seat??

Edited by GrumpyTurtle, 18 January 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#23 Lukaboo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Thanks lsolaBella for clarifying, and your recommendations original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.