Expecting Multiples #117

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 Jessie_T

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

Well my stay has been short here

Happy to say we have one healthy bubba. Strong heartbeat of 170. Absolutely out of this world hearing his/her heartbeat. Hubby had the biggest grin and couldn't stop talking about it.... :) as for the other...... The embryo that was implanted (we implanted two) didn't eventuate. He said something would have been genetically abnormal with it. The sac is still there and my body should eventually absorb it.
We are greatful for our strong little one and absolutely over the moon. He/she reminded me this morning of him/he being there, I was throwing up my guts this morning hehehe

#102 tashrocks

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hey Jessie. So sorry to hear the other embryo didn't eventuate, but congrats on your healthy little one! All the best for the rest of your pregnancy!!

I'm 13 weeks now and happy to say that the morning sickness has started to get better. Had a second dating scan a couple of weeks ago. Was very exciting seeing them looking like babies not just blobs! We also started to get organised and went and bought 4 car seats, 2 for each car. This twins business is expensive!

#103 ~KK77~

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

I have my NT scan on Friday at 12 weeks so just a wee bit behind you Tash.  Did you have the NT scan?

I'm so paranoid that something has happened since my last scan even though we had heartbeats etc.

I've laybyed 2 car seats only because we won't be able to use DH's company car as a family car anymore so only need 1 ea for whatever 7/8 seater we buy.  

Already bought the cots, just need the mattresses, new pram and the small incidentals.

Who has a 2 storey house?  I'm thinking of getting 2 bouncers and 2 compact swings and then I have some kind of baby containment/entertainment on both floors when my hands are full???

#104 tashrocks

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

No having my nt scan next week which will be 13 weeks. I have a lot of scar tissue on my stomach from previous surgeries so they wanted the bubs to be just a little bigger.

I know what you mean, every appointment I've had has shown everything is fine with both babies but I'm super paranoid that the next appointment will show that something has happened. I never was worried when I was pregnant with my daughter.

We're going to the Perth multiple birth assoc this weekend for an info session for expectant parents. Really looking forward to getting some more insight into the whole twins thing!

#105 ~KK77~

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Just popping in to say Hi!

How did your NT go Tash?

I had to go back for a 2nd attempt today, everything looked fine, normal NT measurements and nasal bones present.  I didn't do the bloods because there's so much debate as to whether the results are an accurate diagnostic tool.

So now it's just hang out till the morph scan hopefully before Xmas.

#106 reesan

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hey KK77 just a quickie to say if I were you I'd get 4 bouncers - maybe second hand or whatever. We used ours basically up to right now (8 months) as they are only just now starting to sit in high chairs. Also the perfect angle to pop in after a feed during those first three months when their digestion is tricky.

Double story is tricky, the double story multiples mums I know have tried to recreate a bedroom environment downstairs so they can spend all day without having to go upstairs (maybe portacots).

If you think you'll be going up and down a few times a day, a structured cotton sling is much easier to use compared to other carriers when they are small (so one in the carrier and one you carrying). We used one called nurture sling (you can google).

Edited by reesan, 10 November 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#107 Jo-Anna

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Just came in from 'we are discussing'. Double storey multiple mum here. We have the bedrooms upstairs but had a full set downstairs too (basinettes in our bedroom to save running up and down stairs when settling babies). We keep all clothes, nappies and bouncers downstairs, we only feed and sleep upstairs. I tell you though two twin breastfeeding pillows would have been handy if I could have got a cheap one second hand.

#108 ~KK77~

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

Sounds like I'm going to have fun with double storeys and double babies lol

Does anyone know of any Australian multiples Facebook groups?  I've found a couple of American ones but they talk a lot about stuff that's not relevant or comparable here, I'd love to find some Aussie ones :)

#109 reesan

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:57 AM

The AMBA forum is fantastic - you have to make five posts before it all opens up but it's absolutely invaluable. I was on it everyday while I was pregnant (and almost am now). There is an AMBA facebook group too, not as good, and your local AMBA association (mine is nimba, northern and inner suburbs...) might have a facebook group too.

Try out the five posts things - it's such a pain but the forum is absolutely lifesaving. Also if you haven't seen this post I did about our first three months - http://www.essential...-worked-for-us/ - check it out. Routine and sleep has gone totally to pot since then but it made for a good first three months at least.

#110 Curious.chicken

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:25 PM

Hi everyone - joining today and in complete shock. We had a pre-NIPT scan today (10+3) and were stunned to learn we are expecting identical twins!
This is an IVF pregnancy but we only transferred a single embryo. We have a 2.5yo DS already and this is our "double rainbow" after 2 losses

#111 veronicamars

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

Hi all, we found out last week that we are expecting mcda twins in December. These are the first babies for both of us, so we have no idea what to expect.

Both babies had strong heartbeats and were measuring right on track at 8+3, but I am so worried that I am going to go in for the NT scan to find that one or both of them has stopped growing.

Ive read back a few pages in this thread and seeing so many successful birth stories has eased my mind a bit, but i will be glad to get past 12 weeks!

Has anyone here given birth in Victoria? I booked in to team maternity at Werribee Mercy when I thought I was having a singleton, but now that I am considered 'high risk', Im not sure if I can still go there. Ive called three times, and nobody has gotten back to me- so frustrating!

#112 MrsB007

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:55 PM

Is there anyone here?

Would love to chat with expecting twin mums!.

I'm expecting twins in November.

#113 kateov

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:18 AM

Hi ladies,

I'm 7 weeks pregnant with twins through IVF (implanted one embryo so it either split or we have one naturally conceived!- would love to know anyone's experience with this happening?). They will be my first babies, as excited as I am, I'm still totally shocked and don't know where to go for information on what to expect this pregnancy and delivery (fingers crossed everything goes smoothly). Any advice for a first time twin mum, or are we all in the same boat muttering "holy crap" under our breath every time we remember there's two!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.