Easy choclate or vanilla cake
Thats yummy too!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Greatmum

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hi,

Just after a quick, foolproof, yummy chocolate or vanilla cake recipe please.

thanks so much

#2 countrymel

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

This was my Mum's one and only cake recipe!

She would also cook it in a ring tin to ensure success.. (she was afraid of baking, so took the belt and braces approach!)

It is so easy, rather yummy, and utterly foolproof.

Simplicity Chocolate Cake

Ice it and put sprinkles on top/ fill it with cream and berries/ serve a slice with custard... whatever!

#3 becstar101

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I've made This one twice in the past week, first as a cake, then yesterday as cupcakes. Easy and delicious!

#4 asdf89

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

If you have silicone bakeware (either cupcakes or cake size) this is a super easy recipe I saw at a Tupperware party once (i loved it so much I was going to buy the Tupperware cake mould... until I saw it was $75 ohmy.gif)

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/74...-microwave-cake

I don't bother to make the sauce as it's pretty moist already. I do this recipe as cupcakes (found out through trial and error that it takes 3min30 to cook them in my microwave) and the bonus is it doesn't have that packet cake taste. (and you can use a vanilla cake mix and pudding mix to make a vanilla one - haven't tried this yet)

Obviously not something for when you're cooking for a speical occaision - but super easy when you need a quick treat/morning tea.

#5 cstar

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

This cake is great http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2007/01/...recipe.html?m=1

I've also made their butter cake and it's really good.

#6 TopsyTurvy

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

This is my go to easy chocolate cake

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Eggle...Cake-L1236.html

It's also egg and dairy free original.gif

#7 PrincessPeach

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

If you don't want to start from scratch I've found the white wings ones very nice, just make sure you sift the mixture as it goes into the bowl.

#8 Montro

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I've been making this vanilla cake for some years now (my daughters love to have it for their birthday cake.)  Very simple to make, but do not overcook it.  Check it after 50 minutes; you want a moist crumb that clings to the tester (skewer, knife etc.), not a gluggy crumb, just moist.  Cover the cake with foil if it browns too quickly.

Vanilla Cake

250g butter, softened
250g caster sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
290g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup thin (pure) cream (thickened is also OK)

Preheat oven to 180C and line a square cake tin (mine is around 20cm.)  Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add vanilla, then flour and baking powder.  Beat well.  Add the cream gradually, beating all the while. When cream has been fully incorporated, pour/spoon mixture into prepared pan.

Bake for 50 minutes.  If cake is not done, continue to bake, checking every five minutes.  Do not overcook!!

Icing:  
100g butter, softened
200g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tablespoons milk

Cream butter, icing sugar and vanilla.  Gradually add milk until icing is firm but spreadable.  Spread icing over cooled cake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.