what's your favourite seafood recipe
for my husband

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 queeney

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

So, my wedding anniversary is coming up soon, and as every year were still recovering from Christmas so we've said no gifts. I would love to cook DH a special meal, he loves seafood and i hate it, so i never cook it as it would mean two meals but i really want to make it special and am not working that day so have plenty of time to prepare. (well inbetween looking after my three rascals lol)

So I'm asking what is you're favourite seafood recipe?

Thanks!

#2 laridae

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Paella - you could do a seafood one for him and a chicken one for you?

#3 ALEJA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

What does he prefer, cooked seafood or fresh seafood? Personally I prefer majority of it just fresh and on their own eg sand crabs, prawns, oysters.

Fish I usually do crumbed or butter or steamed. Depending on the fish.

#4 heffalumpsnwoozles

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Just grill lightly. Yum.

Or my DH does the best prawns:  chopped garlic, chili and coriander and olive oil in a plastic bag, throw the prawns in and shake. Then grill.

#5 queeney

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hmm i don't think he has a preference to cooked or fresh, it's such a rarity i think he'd take what he got lol.

Never tried paella, good idea thanks.

#6 MrsLexiK

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Anything with scallops! I would probably do a platter of hot and cold. A few fresh oysters, some cold crab or a bug or cray (whatever your budget) some prawn and scallop cooked skewers, some calamari cooked up on the pan or BBQ,

Failing that marinara pasta is always a fav for me as well. Or a scallop stir fry

#7 Fire_fly

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

I would just have a cold seafood platter. Mud crab, prawns, oysters...

If you wanted to cook something I would have a bug pappardelle (bug, chilli, olive oil, flat leaf parsley, cherry tomatoes and pecorino tossed over pasta) yummy!

Edited by Fire_fly, 16 January 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#8 haras1972

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Personally, I'd take him to an awesome seafood restaurant, have a night off together!

I love seafood too but it's so encompassing - sushi, sashimi, crustaceans, white fish, trout, and then there's grilled / steamed / baked, Asian style, french style, Italian,... too many choices.

Personally my dream seafood meal would be sashimi, followed by chilli grilled calamari, grilled prawns and then a fish laksa. Or maybe a bouillabaisse, or white wine mussels... or scallops... too many choices!

Too hard! - do a decent restaurant!

#9 Leha

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I make a mean seafood lasagne which is my DP all time fab dish. Also very easy to make.

#10 PrincessPeach

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

If you can get them, try spanner crabs.

I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to seafood though.

#11 queeney

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Thanks ladies for all your replies, decided I'm going to go for a mixed platter of cooked and fresh.
Thanks for the great idea, I'm sure he'll love it.

#12 babaganoush

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

include this...

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2980/vietn...arbecued+prawns

We have served them the last three years on Xmas day and I think we'll be doing them for a while to come - our families demand them now!!  So good!  biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.