New Crep Results- Which reversible seat for newborn?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ~RM~

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Argh, Im all confused now!

We have a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio capsule, which I was going to use and then buy the Meridian AHR Tilt and Adjust, but now Ive found out my capsule doesnt fit the pram I bought anyway (oops, misread the website), and I am totally confused by the new Crep results.

If YOU were going to buy a reversible car seat suitable from newborn-4 years (I have an infa secure Vario booster for after that), which one would you buy now?

Are the old Meridians still available in store?

#2 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I would buy a SNS Compaq if I were buying for a baby right now, or if my budget was limited to under $300.00 I would get a Infa Neon, I do have a Meridian but it is very wide, I am still happy with it but then I have a only child so width is not an issue, and it gets 3 stars on CREP now.

If I were buying a capsule I would get the Safety 1st one.

HTH

#3 IsolaBella

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

You can't compare old and new CREP tests as they tested different things.

Edited by lsolaBella, 16 January 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#4 Ranunculus

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Infa Kompressor!

#5 ~RM~

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Infa Kompressor/Infa Neon dont appear to be on there, am I missing something?

3rd option is buy/hire safety first capsule and then use a Babylove Ezy Combo from 12 months.....

#6 IsolaBella

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

PP is referring to 3stars of Meridian.

Compaq and Kompressor not tested.

#7 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

You may not get 12m out of a capsule, and an Ezycombo is too upright at 12m, I had my DS in a convertable booster at 2 years and it was too upright for him, his head would flop when he fell asleep.

If I were on a budget I would hire a Safety 1st for 6m to have the convenience of a capsule, then buy a Neon for approx $160.00 in the sales which is tested to 15kg RF and should last till at least 4yrs FF and then see what the safest booster option on the market was by then and get that.

If I was not worried about budget I would substitute the Neon for a SNS Compaq.

Most of the new 2010 standard seats still have not been tested, that does not mean they are not safe, we just don't know how safe.

My main message to you would be please do not use a convertable booster for a 12m old!

#8 MrsLexiK

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

I am so confused too, we have hired safety 1st for 6 months and where going to get the SnS platinum or diamond one with air cushion once bubs grew out of the capsule.  (We dnn't have to worry about slim line seats)
I personally don't like the look or feel of the compaq, it doesn't look like it would be all that comfy on a long drive (which we do regularly) and I would much prefer the side cushion impact.

#9 Justaduck

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (~RM~ @ 16/01/2013, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are the old Meridians still available in store?

They didn't rate well at all, certainly not their moneys worth. I think only the AHR or something did well?

QUOTE (sparkler @ 16/01/2013, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may not get 12m out of a capsule, and an Ezycombo is too upright at 12m, I had my DS in a convertable booster at 2 years and it was too upright for him, his head would flop when he fell asleep.

DD is in an EzyCombo (her convertible capsule had the strap fray so she is in it until we research a new one). She has no issues with it, you know it can be reclined a little bit? There is an adjuster to have it upright or slightly leaning back on the bottom.

As far as I read it a few weeks back, the two 4 star seats were the $450 SnS ones, followed by something that was 3 stars along with the EzySwitch.

As far as Convertible boosters go it was an SnS alongside the EzyCombo on 4 stars. EzyCombo was more than half the price of the SnS but still as highly rated so we got it.

I am not a capsule fan personally, I know they would be handy but for our financial situation personally they are limited use for money

#10 Futureself

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (Funwith3 @ 16/01/2013, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally don't like the look or feel of the compaq, it doesn't look like it would be all that comfy on a long drive (which we do regularly) and I would much prefer the side cushion impact.

DS seems comfortable on the long drives he's done in the Compaq, it's a good angle and he sleeps which is indicative of comfort anyway! The Compaq material doesn't make him sweat either which I've heard is a real issue with the plush fabrics of some seats. It's really hard isn't it, CREP is supposed to help but is so outdated that it's more of a hindrance!

#11 IsolaBella

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Our Compaq has not had any complaints. We drove Melb-Sydney and back in October and December. We o all day driving. No complaints.

#12 LeiLei

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I personally would disregard the new CREP results as they've tested too few seats to be of any real use.  I personally wouldnt' buy either of the top two rated seats as they have height markers that are too low and mean your baby cant' rear face for as long - which is the much safer option.

I would still get an SnS Compaq or Infa Kompressor.  They meet Aust Standards and they are still safe seats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.