****WARNING TMI****
Another "Im so proud thread!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Domestic Goddess

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Last week I was so proud of DS being dry during the day for nearly a week. Only 2 accidents during nap time.
Today is another mile stone. DS has been having troubles with poo'ing on the toilet. His OT says its because of his special needs and others tell me that its normal for kids to be slower with poo's.

Anyhoo, today DS woke up after his afternoon nap and yelled out "MUM!" "MUMMMMYYYYYY!!"
I went to see what was going on and he said "I've done a poo". Hmmm I could smell that alright. He was stating the obvious. Pfewie.

I took him to the toilet to change his training pants and to wipe his bottom. I said to him "Well, maybe next time we can try to do it on the toilet". I have been saying this for months now lol.
So I put him on the toilet and asked the routine question "Can you please try to do some more?" and I got his routine answer "No, I can't!".
I leave him on the toilet and walk to his room to grab a clean pair of pants when he yells out "MUM! I've done a poo!". He's said this many times before without doing anything so my usual response is "Ok Z, if you say so".

When I walked into the bathroom/toilet, I nearly fainted from surprise. He actually did more poo's in the toilet and he was wearing the biggest grin and clapping his hands. He was saying: "I CAN DO IT MUM!!!"
Then he continued to do even more and mimicking the "plop plop" sound lol. When he was finished he said: "It's chocolate time mummy".
I've been promising him he would get 1 little square of chocolate if he would do a number 2 on the toilet. He's remembered that one very well biggrin.gif

So Im very proud of my little man. I will not get my hopes up yet and start thinking he'll do it again tomorrow. But its at least a start biggrin.gif

#2 baby4me!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Well done..

#3 Chelli

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Well done to your DS. I always found toilet training for poos to be the most difficult.

#4 Feral_Pooks

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Hey, now you both know he CAN do it, so it's a big milestone. Well done to you both original.gif

#5 DreamFeralisations

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Yay for your son - it is a milestone and you are very happy, so I am happy for you.

#6 i-candi

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Lol I'd be so proud I'd give him a whole block of chocolate !!!

#7 ~sydblue~

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Excellent original.gif
I probably would have been tempted to give him 2 or 3 pieces of chocolate.

#8 leisamd

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Well done!  Can he teach my DS? glare.gif

roll2.gif

#9 baddmammajamma

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (leisamd @ 17/01/2013, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well done!  Can he teach my DS? glare.gif

roll2.gif

+ 1

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!

#10 amesv

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Congratulations, I hope it continues for you! My niece was 3 in Oct and refuses to do poo on the toilet or potty, she will only do it in her nappy. It's very common for kids to struggle with it.

#11 Mercurial

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Well done!  I still laugh when we hear shouted through the house mummy I've done a poo on the toilet in a nice high sing song voice.  

In the early days we'd ring grandparents too!

Edited by Mercurial, 17 January 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#12 Domestic Goddess

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Yes@ ringing nan and pop biggrin.gif

Well, unfortunately he has only repeated his trick once. So both times he poo'd in the toilet, he started with poo'ing in his pants first.
This really makes me wonder if he actually recognizes the sensation and links it with going to the toilet  unsure.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.