Slack things you do

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#1 lafonda

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

I just rewashed a load of towels for the 10th day running... Perhaps today is the day they will make it on the line.

What slack things do you do? Parenting/housekeeping/whatever else.

#2 Ireckon

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

Use the vac on the coffee table instead of wiping the crumbs off........ ph34r.gif

#3 CalEliKat

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

I can't think of anything off the top my head, the way I see it is if you do it right the first time it is less work in the long run.

10 washes on a load of towels is wasteful - water and electricity.

#4 Madnesscraves

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

My husband is rather OCD about this but soon as a wash is done it must go on the line. Just to irate him, sometimes ill take a few hours to get it from the machine to the line...  ph34r.gif

#5 lozoodle

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Madnesscraves @ 17/01/2013, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My husband is rather OCD about this but soon as a wash is done it must go on the line. Just to irate him, sometimes ill take a few hours to get it from the machine to the line...  ph34r.gif

I'm a bit like him, I can't stand stuff sitting in the machine LOL

As for slack stuff I do, I've been known to put milk containers back in the fridge with only a tiny amount left in them. Drives DP mad.

#6 mummaorange

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

I vacuum my table... I breast feed ... I get the kids to clean the car out (it's all of their stuff anyway!) Same with the backyard. I tell them it's a treasure hunt (picking up all of their toys) we have a chicken so I can just chuck the food scraps in the garden...

#7 Funky Cold Ribena

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Madnesscraves @ 17/01/2013, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am your husband.
As soon as the cycle in done, door safety click clicked, it's on the line..

I suppose my slack thing is, at the end of the day, the tea towel in use will be a quick makeshift kitchen floor mop before it goes in the wash. I stand on it with one foot and kind of skid around the floor wiping up crumbs. Any spots of stuff get wiped by me on my hands and knees.

It would just be easier to mop it which I do a couple of times a week but sometimes I just can't be bothered actually getting the mop out.

Edited by starboard, 17 January 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#8 Mummy fab

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

I mop my sliding doors whenever I mop the floor which is pretty much everyday. Works a treat nd is much easier than cleaning them everyday.

#9 Mercurial

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

I don't always do a full mop.  I'll sometimes just wet some cloths and slide around the floor on them.  It works quite well and great for inbetween mops.  

I always hang clothes straight on the line as soon as the machine is done.  Usually because I have another eleventy billion loads to still be washed.

In fact- just heard the click of the washing machine now.

Edited to fix amusing typo!

Edited by Mercurial, 17 January 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#10 ~sydblue~

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (Ireckon @ 17/01/2013, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Use the vac on the coffee table instead of wiping the crumbs off........ ph34r.gif

We do that here. We have a really chunky wood table that has gaps in it, so the vac gets them all out.

I stick DH's work pants in the dryer and then grab them out as soon as they finish so I don't have to iron them.

#11 CountryFeral

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

It would be much shorter to write what NON slack things I do....

Handy hint re: getting the washing on the line though... take it out of the machine and put the basket in front of the back door, after you've tripped over it for the 92nd time you go "Oh stuff it I'll hang the stupid stuff out!"

#12 ~chiquita~

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (lozoodle @ 17/01/2013, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for slack stuff I do, I've been known to put milk containers back in the fridge with only a tiny amount left in them. Drives DP mad.

Why is this slack, should we be throwing it out? I do this constantly, I can't use all of it for whatever reason so I put it back in for next time. What drives me mad is that DP will totally disregard the container with a small amount in it and open a new one.

#13 Dionysus

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

I love these threads

i will generally hang the washing out straight away so it doesnt crease up as much and doesn't need ironing.  

We have an outdoor laundry, which is only a 1.5m step from our back door.  But, I leave my vacuum cleaner and mop in the corner of our dining room, unless we are having guests for dinner

I also have an extension cord permanently on my vacuum cleaner, which makes it reach the whole house

#14 Squeekums Da Feral

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

I re-re-re-rewash clothes here.

Let the dog clean the floor after DD or I drop food.

'a quick mop' is baby wipe the affected area, if area is larger drip some water and use paper towel.

There is more its just to early to think lol

#15 Dionysus

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (~chiquita~ @ 17/01/2013, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is this slack, should we be throwing it out? I do this constantly, I can't use all of it for whatever reason so I put it back in for next time. What drives me mad is that DP will totally disregard the container with a small amount in it and open a new one.

Oh, my DH does this too - crazy

#16 Angelina Ballerina

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

I took my clothes line down due to lack of use and put a water tank there instead.
Everything goes in the clothes dryer. That's my slack thing.

#17 71Cath

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

I pay DD $1 to mop the floor... ph34r.gif

#18 tres-chic

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

I'm sitting here on the PC when I should be cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast.

#19 spannah

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

When I get the steam mop out I run it over the kids craft table. It's great at removing crayon etc. and no scrubbing for me!
*have also been known to run it up a wall and glass sliding door. wink.gif

#20 Heffalump

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

I use the clothes dryer way too much...even on a hot day sometimes. blush.gif

#21 Rosalita

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

Handy hint re: getting the washing on the line though... take it out of the machine and put the basket in front of the back door, after you've tripped over it for the 92nd time you go "Oh stuff it I'll hang the stupid stuff out!"

Hahaha, YES! I do this!

#22 lozoodle

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (~chiquita~ @ 17/01/2013, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because I'll open a new container rather than use the tiny bit in the last one and then have to top up from a new container  ph34r.gif

#23 JJ

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (71Cath @ 17/01/2013, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I pay DD $1 to mop the floor... ph34r.gif

Haha, yes, I've been known to pay DS to do various things I don't like doing. Unfortunately I can't afford him most of the time - his rates are pretty steep. wink.gif

I clean lots of things with baby wipes. They work a treat.

#24 baddmammajamma

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

I have cleaners come every week....(smart, not slack, in my circumstances) original.gif

Yesterday, I let me two kids drawn all over me with ballpoint pen because I needed a rest & they were looking for something fun to do with me.

Edited by baddmammajamma, 17 January 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#25 Beancat

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

use antibacterial wipes to clean the toilet seat and outside of toilet bowl etc instead of filling up the bucket and getting the cloths out etc

Another for vacumming the coffee table and shelf underneath

using baby wipes to clean the bathroom vanity and sink

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.