Omg Ds just found some bubble gum in the park

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 my4beautifulboys

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

HELP! DS just found some bubble gum in the park and put it in his mouth and was chewing until i noticed what he had something in his mouth. Its horrible to think people leave things like that laying around for young innocent ones to pick up, i hope he'll be ok?

#2 deejie

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

DS2 ate green bird poo he found on the grass last week at the zoo. Well, he spat some out, but some certainly went down!

Kids are resilient creatures. I'm sure he'll be fine.

#3 Faradaye

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Oh dear, kids can do some revolting things!

Try not to worry.  Believe it or not one of the best sanitisers is sunshine.  So if it was lying out on the ground during the day in the sun almost any horrible germ would be killed.

He'll be fine!

#4 Bart.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'm sure he'll be fine. original.gif  It's probably been sitting in the sun which is a natural antibacterial.   ETA: Snap to Faraday above!

I've heard reports of kids eating cockroaches, poo, milk in bottles from the night before, mouldy bread and more.  They all survived.

Edited by Bart., 18 January 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#5 Therese

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Kids eat some horrible things. We had a cockroach eaten here which was pretty disgusting. There was no harm done, just two grossed out parents.

#6 Mrsbrown101

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Apparently I used to eat cigarette butts as a toddler. Yum.....

#7 ~Supernova~

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

In the last two days, DS has eaten rocks, a cockroach, copious amounts of dirt and grass, part of a dishwasher tablet, and god knows what else. We watch him like a hawk, and dig all the crap out of his mouth, but this kid is something else...he sneaks it in and bolts when he sees you've noticed him eating it LOL.

Your son will be fine original.gif

#8 my4beautifulboys

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for replying, yes its really horrible what they pick up, i cant beleive he did that and it didnt notice it straight away.  It wasnt actually out in the sunshine, it was sitting in a little enclosed shelter in the park that Ds ventured into! I'm sure he'll be fine, but it is a worry. When i questioned where he got it from, he went and showed me, and too my horror also there on a shelf was opened condom packets just laying around, really!! and its a childs play park, we live in a very small country town, i would have thought people would have known better?!

#9 Brownbear

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

My toddler picked up a used bong at the park yesterday (powerade bottle and garden hose). Thankfully I wrestled it away before it went near his mouth.

#10 jennywin

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

strawberry or mint?

#11 my4beautifulboys

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

What makes it worse is that Ds is 5! i really thought he would have known better, though i have noticed he does like to put funny things in his mouth, which is quite a worry. His older brother has tried chewing gum before, it was acutally in an ice-cream he bought and i didnt notice, so Ds5 wanted to try it, but i didnt let him, i cant stand any sort of gum like that, its horrible!

#12 FEdeRAL

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

DS ate a rather large spider when he was just starting to crawl. From the way his jaws were working I bet it was crunchy  sick.gif

Once we were in Ikea's foodhall's play area. A girl slightly older than him looked under the toy kitchen and found a toy pot. He followed suit and came up with a mouldy hot chip and promptly munched it!

#13 Fat Amy

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Eww gross to OP & PP. About 6 months ago DD3 ate a lolly that she found under a couchs cushion at a hotel we stayed at sick.gif

#14 *melrose*

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

I would be going to the doctor just for the checkup.

#15 nouseforaname

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

DS3 came out of the toddler pool one busy afternoon a few weeks back chewing on something rather colourful.

Turns out it was someones old bandaid  sick.gif thank god for the chlorine.

#16 lynneyours

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (nouseforaname @ 18/01/2013, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DS3 came out of the toddler pool one busy afternoon a few weeks back chewing on something rather colourful.

Turns out it was someones old bandaid  sick.gif thank god for the chlorine.

sick.gif  oh yuk

#17 ALEJA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I'm a bit ashamed to admit this but DS2 has eaten the poo from DD1. DD1 was toilet training and yelled out she was on the toilet doing a poo. Great I thought, go in to check everything is ok. She failed to yell to me she didn't make it to the toilet in time and her baby brother had crawled in after her and was shovelling it in. This all happened in the time it took me to walk from where I was standing to the toilet to see how she was going.  sick.gif Oh and he was fine..I think.

Edited by ALEJA, 18 January 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#18 nik_klinger

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

& that's why i wish we had the same laws as Singapore, I LOATHE gum in any shape or form.

#19 EBeditor

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

My friend's toddler lapped up from dog bowl at a cafe today. he's still alive.

Consider it immune support!

#20 FEdeRAL

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (ALEJA @ 18/01/2013, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a bit ashamed to admit this but DS2 has eaten the poo from DD1. DD1 was toilet training and yelled out she was on the toilet doing a poo. Great I thought, go in to check everything is ok. She failed to yell to me she didn't make it to the toilet in time and her baby brother had crawled in after her and was shovelling it in. This all happened in the time it took me to walk from where I was standing to the toilet to see how she was going.  sick.gif Oh and he was fine..I think.

I'm sorry but I am finding this rather hilarious!

#21 blackcat20

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Last year my friend bought her boy over, he had only recently started to crawl. He kept heading to the cat litter tray saying 'yum'.  Thank god we managed to distract him!

#22 SkeptiFERAL

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

As the parent of "older" children who have survived similar (and likely worse) ... dare I admit that I had a chuckle?

#23 snortle

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

My son peed into his own open mouth during a nappy change as a little baby while I turned my head to grab a wipe.

#24 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

This is the best laugh I've had in ages. The spider...the cockroach...the poo.... priceless.

#25 erindiv

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Ew but I'm sure he'll be fine.

May I just point out that cigarette butts are NOT harmless. They contain all the chemicals from the cigarette in the filter and if consumed can make a baby/toddler very sick and even kill them if they ingest too much.

Cockroaches/snails/poo = harmless. Cigarette butts definitely not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.