Bar?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Mercurial

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

I've looked and I can't see one.  Please let me know if I'm doubling up.  

How has your week been?  Mine has had ups and downs and frustrations but we have come through and DS won't need to be admitted to hospital next week so that's a huge win.  

This weekend some of the DS' friends and their dads are heading to straddie for camping for a night.  So it will just be me and DD this weekend which will be nice.  We'll be looking at ballet classes  ph34r.gif  and catching up with a friend for lunch.  

I'm drinking a classic dry white which is going down far too nicely.  And I've just realised I've misplaced it.  

Somewhere.

#2 Ingrid the Swan

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Hells yes.

I have no idea why a certain bottle shop decided that Rekorderlig Winter Cider must be drunk only in Winter and thus discounted it by almost half price, but I sure am grateful.

It's been an absolute horror of a week with no redeeming features to it.

#3 Feraladaye

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I had a counselling session with my douchebag brother yesterday.

He spent the whole thing bagging me out to the nice therapist.  It was horrible.

At least he showed up I guess.

And I have no alcohol in the house.  **insert sadface**

#4 kadoodle

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

About to evict the emo 10yo from my bed, then I'll have a glass of merlot.

I need advice/to vent about a child friendship thingo too.

#5 Mercurial

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Faradaye if you have no alcohol in the house it means you are sober enough to drive - to a bottlo.  I would remedy no alcohol in the house quick smart.  Your brother sounds like an a*se.

Dabri - hopefuly your weekend and week is better then!  

#6 Purescapevalley

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hell yeah.

Was hot.  Frozen berries, frozen vodka, mint leaves, lime, ice....way too many.

May or may not be smashed

Probably am

No hats fit me.

Head too big

#7 blackcat20

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Crappy week...break-up by text message totally sucks. Drank too much last night so being good tonight....plus I just feel sick to the stomach anyway. And my cat has been a feral terror all arvo...

#8 Feraladaye

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I just found some alcohol!

It is a bottle of pear cider - a christmas present from the aforementioned douchebag brother.

Yes, I see the irony too.

#9 Feraladaye

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (blackcat20 @ 18/01/2013, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crappy week...break-up by text message totally sucks. Drank too much last night so being good tonight....plus I just feel sick to the stomach anyway. And my cat has been a feral terror all arvo...

Break up by text message?

I'm so sorry, you deserve much better than that.

#10 blackcat20

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Faradaye @ 18/01/2013, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Break up by text message?

I'm so sorry, you deserve much better than that.

Yep, I got 'meeting in person won't change anything, we should go our separate ways'. My request to talk in person were knocked back... Except for the fact I'm still hurting its safe to say I've potentially saved myself from much worse in the long run...

#11 katiebear26

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

well DH just offered to refill my glass of sem sav blanc so i even have my own bartender tonight ;-) plus he's currently doing the washing up!

this week has been interesting, DD (5mo) has been not sleeping well and very cranky. but yesterday was a glorious day, decent 40min sleeps and a very happy bub, and i caught up with some lovely friends. today was ok, not as good but still better than the rest of the week...

#12 Mercurial

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Who does a break up text msg?  That's really poor form.  I'm hoping it goes a long way to indicating that you're far, far better off without him.  

Gosh I'm tired.  It's only 8pm but I'm exhausted.  

Nice work Faradye finding some liquor.

#13 Angelot

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Mercurial @ 18/01/2013, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How has your week been?

Mixed bag.  Most of you have probably seen yesterday's vent from me!  

QUOTE (kadoodle @ 18/01/2013, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need advice/to vent about a child friendship thingo too.

Oh goody, something for us to get our teeth into.  Go on...

Oh, blackcat, so sorry!

#14 Feraladaye

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Mercurial @ 18/01/2013, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice work Faradye finding some liquor.

But it tastes horrible!

Or could it be my feelings for the douchebag are tainting its flavour?

#15 Peppery

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (blackcat20 @ 18/01/2013, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel your pain, my ex-husband ended our marriage by text. I definitely need a drink. It is too hot
Week would have been great if I didn't go to the dentist yesterday and found out that I have two holes between my teeth. Grr to not flossing!!!!

#16 blackcat20

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Mercurial @ 18/01/2013, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who does a break up text msg?  That's really poor form.  I'm hoping it goes a long way to indicating that you're far, far better off without him.

Apparently men in their late 30s...your think theyd know better. Pity...really would have liked him to see me cry. I'm quite enjoying the fact he can see my comments on FB, though I'm being the 'bigger person' and keeping things nice.

QUOTE (Ange Vert @ 18/01/2013, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, blackcat, so sorry!

Thanks. On the up side, a few of my friends and my sister have gone all out to cheer me up with lunches, dinners etc.

#17 Ingrid the Swan

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Break up by text - what a douchecanoe! Best to be shot of him.

And pear cider is generally delicious...

#18 Missmousie

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'm here too!

Sorry to those who had bad weeks, blackcat that's awful, vent away as much as you want.

My week was ok, crazy busy getting ready to move overseas in a couple of weeks, so everything is a bit out of control.

Currently relaxing with rosé and ignoring all the packing that needs to be done  ph34r.gif

#19 Feraladaye

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Ending a marriage using text?

I'm astounded.  What a total coward's way out.  That's awful, and quite disrespectful.

Blackcat I'm glad your friends are giving you some support.  And good on you for being the 'bigger person', although it's never as fun or gratifying as just letting fly I find.

#20 ~Supernova~

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Break up text = not worth your heartache. It still hurts though I'm sure sad.gif

But hell yeah to the bar! My mum called me up 2 hours ago offering to babysit, so I took her up and am having a few beers and playing online poker with DH original.gif

#21 Feraladaye

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Dabri @ 18/01/2013, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Break up by text - what a douchecanoe! Best to be shot of him.

And pear cider is generally delicious...

That's what they say.

But the douchebag brother is just being so, so horrible at the moment, and I'm in such an angry place about it, that I can't give him credit for anything nice.

But I'm drinking it any way.  Through lips pursed like a cat's a*se.

#22 Feral_Is_Me

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Blackcat, that totally sucks.

Mixed week here too. DD has entered the terrible three's.

Still so hot here in Canberra. Had my one beer and on to soda water.

#23 JRA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

A great week. We had dh's beat mate to stay with us for a few days.

A big day tomorrow, DS is competing in his first nippers carnival.

#24 Sallystwo

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

its sooo hot, lovely cold glass of wine is going down well.

A break up by text - I feel for you. - enjoy the pear cider

#25 blackcat20

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm keep having to bite my tongue, there are things I really really want to say. But I know no good will come of it, I just want him to actually feel some of the hurt. Hopefully that doesn't make me a bad person... I mean, the guy didn't even bother to get me a Christmas present, despite me giving him three months warning, and telling him all about going shopping for his. Hopefully he thinks of me every time he uses the things I bought for him  ph34r.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.