Maxi Cosi Goliath

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IVL

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hi All,

just wondering if anyone has used the maxi cosi goliath covertable booster. We have just ordered an Audi A4 and will need another set of seats for our 6 and nearly 4 year old. I am wondering if we should get the goliath or wait anohter 2 months until our very tall DD is 4 and just put her in a booster? She is currently in a Maxi Rider but we need another set of seats for the second car. I tried her in the new Maxi Rider as well as the goliath but in both seats her shoudlers are right at the level where she should be moved into the booster mode. Even though she is very tall , she is very slim and only just 14 kg so I don't really want ot move her out of a 5 point harness, but she is right at the maximum height for use of the harness now?

I would prefer to use a dedicated booster instead of a convertable booster with a car seat belt as the results seem to suggest this is the safer option, perhaps because the seat belt easier to use on the booster??

#2 Jaffacakes

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

We just purchased one recently for our 2.5 year old DS, but our decision was mainly dictated by the fact that we need to fit 3 across and the Goliath is quite narrow. Being only 2.5 he has a long way to go until he is in booster mode. Unfortunately this seat has not yet been tested by CREP.

I do tend to agree with you though that dedicated boosters score better results in the CREP testing (we have a SnS Hi-Liner for 5.5 year old DD). My preferred option in your case would be to keep your DD in a 5-point harness for as long as possible and if she has outgrown all 5-point harnesses (which it sounds like she has or will within a few months), then move her to a dedicated booster (e.g. Hi-Liner).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.