Recommend me a Highchair Booster Seat

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 popsicle :)

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hi,
I'm after some advice/recommendations on a booster seat for my DS so he can start sitting up at the dining table for feeds.

He has just turned 2 and is quite small - 80cm and not quite 11kg.

Our highchair doesn't fit around our dining table so instead of investing in a new highchair I thought we could transition him into a 'big' chair.

He sits at a table and chair really well (thanks to daycare), but of course he is to small to sit at ours.

So hit me with your recommendations.

He can be quite difficult at feeding times, so one with some sore of harness would be great.

Oh and we have a bumbo.  DS HATES it and when he sits in it while it's on our dining chair, he is still to small to eat at the table - I think we have a high tale and low chairs, maybe

ETA: Unfortunately I live in the NT and we don't have an Ikea

Edited by popsicle :), 19 January 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#2 Zephie Chugger

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

We have two Ikea's JUNIOR CHAIRS

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/categori...ens_ikea/18733/

#3 IsolaBella

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Ikea have high kids chairs for the dining table.

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/categori...ens_ikea/18733/

Stoke Tripp trap is an expensive option but there are cheaper copies

#4 Silver Girl

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

We were very happy with the Fisher Price booster seat. We used it daily for 18 months. It has a harness (not 5 point) and machine washable tray. We used to take it on holidays, to restaurants and when visiting people's houses as it's light and compact and straps securely to most dining chairs. It is also size adjustable. HTH.

http://www.myshopping.com.au/PR--438097_Fi...re_Booster_Seat

#5 NotBitzerMaloney

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (lsolaBella @ 19/01/2013, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stoke Tripp trap is an expensive option but there are cheaper copies

The stokke Tripp trapp chairs are amazing, and can be used for years and years. I have 2, second hand off eBay and I love them. They are just fab for bringing your child up to the table. Both kids love them.

If they aren't an option I have seen the cheaper copies and will come back and post where to get them if I remember where I saw them

#6 imamumto3

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

my just over 2 yo, is the same size as your DS and she hates to sit in her booster now.  She prefers to kneel on a normal chair, in fact I took away her booster today

#7 Mrs Emma

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Just out of interest, I got that Fisher Price booster seat from Amazon for $35. It was delivered in a little over a week. We haven't used it yet so can't really provide any thoughts.

#8 namie

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

We have one of these (without the tray) for DS2 and a similar one from Mothercare, which they don't sell anymore, for DS1.

They're great as you can adjust the seat and foot rests down as they grow so they're always comfortable, and the chairs push in under the table.

#9 Sugared

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (namie @ 19/01/2013, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have one of these (without the tray) for DS2 and a similar one from Mothercare, which they don't sell anymore, for DS1.

They're great as you can adjust the seat and foot rests down as they grow so they're always comfortable, and the chairs push in under the table.

They look great, namie, how did you find the quality of the 3 in 1?

#10 namie

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

We didn't get the tray table (wasn't an option when we bought it but we wouldn't have used it anyway), but the chair as a whole is fantastic!

The straps held DS2 in securely from 6 months onwards, and we've only just removed the rail now (he's around 22 months old) as he has been climbing in and out by himself and it seemed far safer to have it off.

I think it is going to wear a lot better than the one we got DS1 from Mothercare. The foot plate is starting to wear on his so we may end up getting the same one as DS2 for longevity. If we could afford Stokke Tripp Trapps we'd have got them, but these seem to be the next best option.

#11 popsicle :)

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hi ladies,
Thanks for the recommendations.  I end up buying one of these.  I'll let you know how I get on
QUOTE (namie @ 19/01/2013, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.