Family Friendly Places to Live
In Queensland

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MissingInAction

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

I've been born & bred in this town (in QLD) and some days I love it and want to stay in this town here forever while other times I just want to pack up the ute and head for ANYWHERE BUT HERE.  

Which towns/cities/suburbs do you believe to be nice, safe, interesting places to raise a family in Queensland?  

I've always said "I'd never move to Brisbane" but that's because the city-life is off-putting however there are some nicer suburbs a little more out of town down there in SEQ and they're probably not so bad.  

What about the cities in North Queensland?

What about way out west (where the raiiiinn don't fall)?

Where else?

#2 Juki

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Toowoomba isn't too bad if you can afford to live on the good side of town.
What about places like Eumundi, Kilcoy and Rainbow Beach?

#3 weepingangel

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I've lived in both Brisbane and FNQ, and after moving away (far away though) I'd never go back to either.

What are you wanting out of your new city?

I have heard Toowoomba is a family friendly place, growing all the time.

Hervey Bay and surrounds is nice, but I personally wouldn't live there, happy to visit and holiday.

It all really depends on what you're looking for, what your priorities are, jobs, etc.

#4 CoconutBaby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

I currently live in Brisbane in the inner southern suburbs and I love it. I have no real reason to go into the city but live close enough to go if I wanted. We are close to the motorway so can head pretty much anywhere without much hassle.

Lived in Mackay for 6 months and quite enjoyed it. Lots of weekend activities: hiking or camping at Eungella, day trips to Airlie Beach or visits to the Whitsundays.

It really depends what you are looking for and what you enjoy doing.

#5 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

We don't have kids, but Mackay made 9th most family-friendly city in Qld (?) survey.

Plus, I've just started up a youth choir, which automatically makes it more awesome!

#6 winkywonkeydonkey

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Sunshine coast without a doubt.

#7 Ianthe

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

This is a funny thread for someone who grew up in Sydney and found Brisbane to be incredibly quiet. It's all about what you are used to isn't it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.