Do you wear nail polish? **fluff**

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 erindiv

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Are your nails always bare? Usually bare? Usually painted? Fake nails? Real nails? Bitten nails?

#2 cinnabubble

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Bare and clipped short. I haven't worn nail polish in decades. I've also never had a manicure.

#3 imamumto3

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

toes are painted, fingers nails bare because I bite them.  I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself

#4 futureself

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Toes painted always throughout spring/summer. Fingers - rarely and definitely not since DS but nails kept short, filed and neat.

#5 Shadowess

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

My toes are usually painted (I do them myself, and have a few colours I rotate through), but my fingers are always bare. I don't like paint on my fingers, it makes them feel heavy, and I don't like the look.

I was most impressed when I had to see my gyno a few weeks ago, and he commented on my bright pink polish!

#6 IsolaBella

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Toes have had colour this summer for the first time.

Fingers never. Only manicures done were once for the Logies (DH also happened to propose the day beforehand so I had lovely nails when showing off my new ring) and for my wedding.

Other then that bare nails usually in the shorter side (old habit from playing piano and violin)

#7 *melrose*

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Yes on my toes i do, always have always will, no on my nails but.

#8 .Jerry.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (cinnabubble @ 20/01/2013, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bare and clipped short. I haven't worn nail polish in decades. I've also never had a manicure.

Same for me.

No, wait.... I did use some clear nail polish once or twice in the last few years.

#9 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Toes always painted in summer.  Fingers rarely, I'm a nail biter.

#10 whipmix

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Isolabella - you went to the logies????

I have red polish on my toes during summer and usually have a very light natural pink shellac on my fingers, it helps me not to bite them.

#11 Ianthe

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

My toenails are usually painted, my fingernails hardly ever.

#12 stephanu

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

My toes are always painted. I sometimes do my finger nails but the second I get a chip it all has to come off. I hate chipped nails. It's so easy to chip finger nail polish that I end up not bothering most of the time.

On saying that, if we had a nail studio in my town I would probably have shellac on my nails all the time because it's so hardy I can do the gardening and still have perfectly manicured nails.

#13 ~chiquita~

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Toenails are always painted in summer. I don't like colour on my fingernails either, I think it looks yuck so only clear or french for me.

#14 Chaos in stereo

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Toenails painted in Summer (and in Winter sometimes but only if I can be bothered). Clear lacquer on fingernails.

#15 tkenhrb

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Gel tips in filled every four weeks currently purple - green last month for Christmas toe nails red during summer when I wear open toed shoes.

#16 lizzzard

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (whipmix @ 20/01/2013, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isolabella - you went to the logies????

I was going to ask this too!!

I have a perpetual shellac french polish - I get it redone every 3ish weeks. I like colour, but the shellac colour is just too much of a pain to remove. Nothing on my toes and I think they look naked every time I see them but just can't be bothered to go and get them done!

Edited by lizzzard, 20 January 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#17 Therese

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

My toenails are painted most of the time but my fingernails aren't.( I'm a nail biter)

#18 localla2

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I always paint my toe nails but never my finger nails. I just keep them short and neat.

#19 skylark

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Toes are always painted, fingernails are longish, natural and I only wear clear polish when I'm working.

#20 Propaganda

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

I have a nervous habit which involves me destroying my fingers. It's not constant, it will stop for months and then reappear. It's very painful and ugly, so during those times I find nail polish curbs the destruction because I am not allowed to have chipped polish at work. During these periods, I repaint it each and every night.

If I'm going through a stage where I'm not doing this, I just leave them natural unless I'm going out and want some colour.

Due to the fact I'm working closely with people's skin, I cannot have artificial nails (they don't go together well with deep tissue massage).

#21 -Emissary-

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

I go through phases.

I went through a phase last year where I was changing colours every 3rd/4th days. It was getting too be too much work so I gave up and now it has been bare for a week.

I have never painted my toenails or have had fake nails before. I'm blessed with long, nicely shaped nails so have never felt the need to wear fake nails.

#22 HollyOllyOxenfree

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Nail polish is a bit of a weakness for me. I went through and culled a bunch a few weeks ago because I set myself a new rule that I could only have enough that fit in my little case. Currently have about 40 bottles ph34r.gif

Toe and finger nails are almost always done. I prefer very bright colours generally, or dark. I've also recently discovered China Glaze, and they do this awesome crackle glaze that gives a really cool effect biggrin.gif

I don't tend to bother much with make up, and wear black shirts a lot, so brightly coloured nails and hair are my way of not being all goth like biggrin.gif

#23 Justaduck

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Nah...I used to do my toes before DD, but they are too much hassle for me now.

#24 Jenflea

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Painted toe nails for the warmer months. Currently going through a blue phase(my DD's fav colour is rubbing off on me lol).
But never finger nails. I'm a chewer and used to work in retail and polish was destroyed(and made it too hard to remove price stickers) so there was no point.
I love seeing short red nails on others though, just not me.
I had tips done for my wedding 13 years ago, worst thing ever, so painful when she filled them down to match my real nails underneath. never again.
Photos looked GREAT though! Best my nails have ever looked lol.

#25 Coffeegirl

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Toes. Always the same Opi colour Crepes Suzi-ette.   I heard a rumour that it was being discontinued and I panicked and bought extra bottles  blush.gif

I don't do my fingers at all unless it's for something really flash like a formal ball or something.  And even then usually only a french manicure.  DH hates the look of painted finger nails and thinks it looks s*utty.  I always find this strange as MIL always wears nail polish  ph34r.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.