What's for dinner mum?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 3'sACharm

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

What are you having for dinner...cause i'm hungry!!!!  tongue.gif

My kids are rubbing off on me...nagging me every hour for food....gahhh thank god school goes back next week!!!

#2 Single.mum.nz

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

We had (8pm here in NZ) a quick easy dinner, my version of the Turkish food court meals... Rice with salad and chicken cooked in garlic with a taco type seasoning with hummus etc. It's a big hit here which suits me as its quick and easy!

#3 Frazzled Cat

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Latina ravioli with 5 vege sauce because I have to be outta here in 40 minutes and DH will barely be home!

#4 mindy05

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Stir fried beef and vegies in a honey soy sauce with hokkein noodles.

#5 Propaganda

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

BBQing a split chicken with a mexican-style marinade and making a mexican salad to go with it.

#6 Chelara

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Pork, apple fennel and brown rice meatballs with salad.

#7 Fluster

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Lasagne.  Made it with DS11.  The quickest way to put an end to the whinging in our house, is to put him to work  wink.gif

#8 ~spirited~

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

What my mum calls macaroni mince- pasta (I'm using spirals) with chicken mince, tomato paste, carrot, capsicum and onion (veg finely diced in food processor). Not a wet sauce at all, no tin tomato or passata etc. Lots of parsley on top and a good sprinkle of Parmesan. Yum!

#9 ubermum

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Tomato and red lentil dahl, raita and homemade naan bread. It's yum.

#10 Jenflea

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

I bought 2 chicken cordon bleaus(fancy, I know! ) and one Hawaiian one with pineapple for my 2yr old, and I'm making tomato salad with croutons and feta and olives and not sure what else.

#11 *-*

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Lasagne here too.  Took it out of the freezer last night, shoved it in the oven 20 mins ago.

Love having a stocked freezer!

#12 jessie123

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Salmon fillets and salad

#13 Mercurial

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Chicken massuman curry with naan.

#14 hayzee fantayzee

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Single.mum.nz @ 21/01/2013, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tomato and red lentil dahl, raita and homemade naan bread. It's yum.

We had that last night. One of my fave meals and cheap too. We had bought naan though.

We are having chilli con chicken tonight with rice and guacamole. I've made a heap so we will possibly have it again tomorrow because I'm working but made into burritos or I'll freeze it.

#15 Toodee

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

We all had spaghetti bolognese except for DS 4yrs because he refuses to eat any meat that's not sausages or comes deep fried  sick.gif  He only had spaghetti and some grated cheese.

#16 mummy2amelia

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Well we had Corn.

Fresh picked from the garden, straight in the microwave, real butter on top.

The 5 and 2 year old went “yum is this tea?” all excited.  
DH went “is this tea?” with a more disbelieving tone.

We are drowning in corn that is all ready so yes that was tea.  

It was yum!!

I have managed to cut the bottom of my foot quite badly so have been hobbling around all day and this was as good as it was going to get.  

I can see DH making desert later (his job) so that will be good too.

#17 ~*Twilight~Zone*~

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

We are having chicken something with potato something.

#18 cameo

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

DS is at a sleepover so DD had pasta with homemade pesto from the freezer and DH and I are about to eat Impossible Quiche followed by red wine when DD is in bed.... yippee!!

Edited by cameo, 21 January 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#19 Alpha_Chook

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Cook-In The Bag pork spare ribs and cauliflower bake. All in the oven, little mess, and tastes good

#20 Gloriana

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I don't know ask your father  biggrin.gif .

#21 3'sACharm

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

I think i've decided on Mexican Bean Soup....DH and kids can fend for themselves laughing2.gif

#22 Jessie_T

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Scotch fillet, wrapped in pancetta with red wine sauce and salad original.gif

#23 Canberra chick

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Mushroom and ham omelette with crusty bread and green salad. DH, DD and I had egg omelettes and today I tried a vegan omelette for DS. A wee bit bland, but not bad for a first attempt and he ate a lot, so he must have liked it.

#24 ubermum

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (starboard @ 21/01/2013, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We had that last night. One of my fave meals and cheap too. We had bought naan though.

We are having chilli con chicken tonight with rice and guacamole. I've made a heap so we will possibly have it again tomorrow because I'm working but made into burritos or I'll freeze it.

How the heck did what I post come up as being a totally different user????? Where did you get your dahl recipe darl? biggrin.gif

#25 RainRain

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Roast beetroot and feta salad...v quick and can add whatever salad stuff is in the fridge...plus home-grown sprouts...YUM!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.