Pediasure

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 imamumto3

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy Pediasure milk poppers in Australia?  DS has been given some by the paed but I cant find anything at the chemist.  He will only have the chocolate flavour.  All I can find at the chemist is tins of vanilla flavour.

#2 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Nope sorry, DS was on the vanilla for abut 2 years.

Since Pediasure is 1 cal per ml could you use chocolate milk (the flavoured stuff you can buy in 2L at the supermarket) and add polyjoule power for it to bump it up to 1 cal per ml?

Or you could use toddler milk and add polyjoule and nesquick chocolate milk flavour to it.

That all depends on how old your DS is and whether he has any allergies/intollerances and if it is in addition to his regular diet or he is solely dependant on it for nutrition of course.

#3 imamumto3

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

he is 7.   I have tried the vanilla and he tolerated it, but prefers the chocolate.  the idea was that he could have them as semi defrosted slushy drink at school.  he is supposed to have 2 a day, but I don't know if I could get him to have one at breakfast.  I wonder where the paed got the poppers from.

#4 sad small umbrella

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Either ring the paed and ask or ring Abbott and ask original.gif

http://www.abbottaustralasia.com.au/our-pr...bbott-nutrition

#5 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

My DS has Nutrini Drinks in chocolate flavour, they are 1.5cal per ml though, we get our dietician at the children's hospital to authorise them and then Nutricia send them out.

Don't know if that would be appropriate for your DS but I just thought I would mention it.

#6 IVL

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

We had an authority script for it whilst our DD was drinking it (for multiple food allergies and weight issues).  My DD hated it so our dietician suggested we turn them into ice slushies in those freeze cup things, sorry I can't recall their real name but you put the cup empty in the freezer for a few hours then put the dink in it and mix really fast and it turns into a slushie. You could just get some empty drink bottles and fill those 3/4 full, freeze them overnight to pack in his lunch.

#7 imamumto3

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Thanks,

I have contacted Abbot Australia & they have given me the name of some wholesalers that I can get it from.  Problem I now have is that a carton of 27 poppers costs $75.  DH doesnt want to buy it, because at 2 a day its going to cost a fortune.  He doesnt think DS has a problem because he eats heaps (had 6 weet bix for breakfast today) but thats just the problem, because of the amount he eats he should be putting on more weight than what he is.

how much does the poly jule cost?  I wonder if that in milo would work & be cheaper?

#8 TeaTimeTreat

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

http://cincottachemist.com.au/product/5145...der-900g-online

#9 WaywardAngelBec

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

We get it from our local hospital.......both my boys are on it due to having CF and needing it for weight issues..... Maybe ask your local dietician @ the hospital.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.