Mods, move this to a more appropriate section if you feel the need. I have gone anon as I am on FB and no one know on my friends list what is going on.
Baby girl (14 months) has been really off since October. She was sick then (virus) and hasn’t really recovered. She has been quite sick on and off all her life, always told it is a virus.
These are her symptoms
- Swollen lymph nodes present in her head and neck since October
- Swollen right nipple
- Excessive crying and sooking, even when asleep (yes, I am extremely sleep deprived)
- Constantly holds her head and ears
- Night sweats
- Low weight gain (officially diagnosed with failure to thrive)
- Constant scratching at lymph nodes while whining
- Vomiting after feeds
- Occasional purple feet
- Barely eats, refuses everything I offer her
- Falling over more and more
- Gagging on nothing
My GP was concerned and did a full blood evaluation on her. It ruled out leukemia but not lymphoma as she had a marker for it. Also showed the urea levels are high.
We were sent for an ultrasound on the nodes in her head today that showed that the nodes are swollen but not looking suspicious. That said, the scan was done in under a minute with no measurements taken of any nodes. I am unsure how they could've properly checked them when she was so wriggly and sooky.
I've done some reading and ultrasounds don't detect lymphoma. I have no idea why they even ordered that test.
The ultrasound on her nipple back in October showed that it was normal glandular tissue (just seems she has more on that side)
Our GP is stumped and has sent us to a paed who we have an appointment with tomorrow.
Anyone have any clues or gone through a similar thing? Like I said, we are seeing the paed tomorrow.
Edited by Anyanswers, 26 January 2013 - 06:59 PM.