Breastfeeding dresses

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mady707

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone knows where to buy lovely breastfeeding clothes.  Happy to shop online.  So many of them are depressing though!  Thank you.

#2 noi'mnot

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

I had no luck with specific breastfeeding dresses.

Instead, I improvised with what I had. I found wrap dresses in particular (especially those made out of jersey or stretchy material) to be great - I'd just loosen the tie and pull them aside. They were fantastic.

In addition to wrap dresses, I found dresses with thinner straps were easy too - just pull the strap down over my arm and go for it. Strapless dresses - just pull one side down!

#3 adl

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

I have a maternity jersey dress that has a wrapped top you tie and underneath it has the holes for BF!! So try Ripe....

#4 Mrs Feral Widget

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

I second wrap dresses. They're are some lovely ones on OzSale at the moment. Shirt dresses also work well.

I have picked up a few nice ones from Ripe Maternity.

#5 Futureself

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

I have this dress http://www.queenbee.com.au/Product-mayreau...-sale-2483.aspx   It stretched to be a maternity dress but fits better as just a BF dress . I also bought a couple of tops from here too but they're pretty expensive

I have bought most feeding tops and a simple black BFing sundress from Mamaway http://www.mamaway.com.au/

#6 Froger

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

If you like dresses, often skirts and separate tops can be a good alternative while breastfeeding. That way you don't need to buy anything breastfeeding specific. Just make sure the tops unbutton, unzip, pull up or pull down easily. Otherwise look for dresses with easy button up bodice section or similar style. I've never bought any special breastfeeding clothes, and have breastfeed for many many years without problems. It is just a matter of thinking about how you like to breastfeed, (eg some women prefer clothes to cover the top of the breast, some prefer to unbutton from the top), then buying ordinary clothes that fit this requirement.

#7 chickenpants

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

I bought a dress from this ebay store http://stores.ebay.com.au/NOKWEEMAN

It was similar to the Victorian Style Maternity Dresses they have.  The prices are good and they are 100% cotton.

The dress is lovely and comfortable, I originally got it as a maternity dress, but the top is a wrap style and easy to move aside to feed.

#8 mady707

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

Thank you all! This is our third baby- unsure why I am so concerned about specific breastfeeding clothes this time.  I think I have been wearing a lot of dresses during pregnancy this time and I will miss them- just realised the other day that most are unsuitable to feed in.  Have a few metalicus ones that I love but I think if I pull them down they will be stretched out of shape.  Will have a look for jersey wrap dresses and some shirt dresses also- all good ideas!  I think with the other two I did separates with a singlet underneath so my stretched-out stomach wasn't on public display- but they were winter babies.  This one was due yesterday so will be a hot one!

Thanks again

maddie

#9 Feral timtam

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

I tend to wear dresses like this one http://www.crossroads.com.au/BORDER-MAXI-D...cr=bioc__091011

It's a stretchy fabric and the crossover neckline allows you to easily pull it to the side to give access to the breast. If you're worried about modesty wear a shrug over it or a fitted nursing tee under it. In winter I have a couple of long sleeved nursing shirts that I wear under my dresses.

Nursing angel http://www.nursingangel.com.au/ also have a couple of nice dresses with modesty panels for breastfeeding at prices that won't break the bank. I just prefer the greater colour options you get from wearing the stretchy maxi dresses instead.

#10 jtsmith83

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

I am still feeding my 18 month old and love these dresses! I brought them when I was pregnant and loved them.  I brought one in black and green biggrin.gif

http://www.milknursingwear.com/store/pc/Sm...ress-3p3079.htm

#11 jtsmith83

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

If you prefer sleeves, this one is super soft and comfy too original.gif

http://www.milknursingwear.com/store/pc/Ev...ress-3p3048.htm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.