- I DO intervene if my 15mo daughter snatches a toy from another child or inquisitively pokes a child in the eye.
- I follow behind her up our steep wooden staircase. I don't let her go up alone.
- I stay close to her when she's playing in the garden because of (a) venemous snakes, (b) electric fence, © bull ants and jack jumpers (d) unfenced stairs to the veranda that she loves to climb.
- I try to prevent her from eating wallaby poo and cat food or playing in pools of blood when my DH is doing butchering.
- I remove the cherry stones before giving her cherries.
- I supervise her pretty closely on playground equipment because I feel that she and I are both still learning her limits. She would launch down a steep slide headfirst if I let her (or should I be letting her?...).
Does this make me a helicopter parent?