FriNiDruFemBar
Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Ianthe

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I need a drink desperately and I don't often say that. Overtired kids and week I don't know what of holidays and heat.

#2 Ianthe

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Whew!

#3 katieface84

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'm in Perth. One hour and 20 mins til I finish. First week back at work from mat leave and I need a drink - argh!

#4 opethmum

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

That's good.

Meh I have a headache and I have no idea what I am doing for dinner, woe is me!

#5 SkeptiFERAL

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Mary Whether @ 25/01/2013, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drink up, lady.

I just had a tense couple of minutes as I was pfaffing about too much on EB and accidentally closed down the database I was using to do some research for a client.  I was most please to log back on and find that everything I have spent the afternoon doing has been saved  ddance.gif

Phew!!!
Good evening ladies. I am sitting having a glass of wine, reading a Kate Morton book on my kindle app, and grateful to have leftovers in the fridge for dinner (down to one child tonight).

#6 Fyn Angelot

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Evening!

I have had an absolutely crap week, but today has been a bit better and I hope that means things are on the improve.  Right now having tea, I think I might give the wine a miss today, but always up for a chat.

Also glad to have leftovers, all I needed to do was make extra rice.

#7 Squeekums Da Feral

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

May drown my sorrows over missing Chilli peppers at BDO.
First time in almost 10 years I havnt been sad.gif
Combine with a whingy toddler today, makes for a blah day

Soundwave cant come soon enough! Need some me time lol

arrgh dinner its THAT time already

#8 MintyBiscuit

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

I am out of cider cry1.gif but considering cracking open some wine. Red wine goes well with sausage, egg and chips right? unsure.gif

This week has been bollocks. I'm weaning off ADs, I got my period and DS has been a teething cranky pants. And to top it all off we had to spend $300 on a plumber today to get the drains unblocked, which was extremely stinky, and there's still more work to be done

#9 Fyn Angelot

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Ouch, holly, that'd be enough to knock anyone sideways!

#10 **Xena**

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

I've started ph34r.gif Black Douglas and Coke.

My husband, his best friend and my eldest are in the shed playing old school Streets of Rage.

I'm excited because it's my birthday next month and Pat is buying me a complete recreation of Callisto's outfit from Xena ddance.gif

But mostly I am just exhausted because 3 young kids on school holidays is tiring. At least I can be thankful that Tas starts 4 terms this year so they go back at the start of Feb instead of mid-Feb like they usually would. I think I'm going to miss them though. It's my youngest's first year. My baby shadow is all growed up cry1.gif

#11 MintyBiscuit

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Ange Vert @ 25/01/2013, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ouch, holly, that'd be enough to knock anyone sideways!

yeah, not great. fortunately I did enjoy (probably too much) spending the early part of the week ranting and raving on EB, FB and IRL about the public breastfeeding stuff. AND I get my iPad on Sunday biggrin.gif

So what type of tea Ange? I could drink tea pretty much constantly and I don't think it would be enough.

QUOTE (**Xena** @ 25/01/2013, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My husband, his best friend and my eldest are in the shed playing old school Streets of Rage.

oh man, I loved that game when I was younger

#12 Fyn Angelot

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (HollyOllyOxenfree @ 25/01/2013, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what type of tea Ange? I could drink tea pretty much constantly and I don't think it would be enough.

Monk pear.  Tea's my indulgence and I always have a range of flavours in the pantry, but this one's a perennial favourite.

#13 **Xena**

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Oh no HOO sad.gif (can I call you Hoo? It's fun to say tongue.gif )

I wish my brain would stop thinking about all the things to do and spend money on! If Scotch can go with packet noodles ph34r.gif  then red wine can go with sausages, eggs and chips!

#14 Coffeegirl

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

I wish I wasn't watching my weight and have vowed not to have alcohol this weekend.  Worked 8-4 today, inbetween running kids back and forth.   Had to walk back and forth between our current office and the new office 5 times in the heat to bring tradies through to quote. Only a 10 minute walk but nada shade! Wish I could've booked them all to come through at the same time.

Boss then wanted another set of photos taken and sent to him (he's away) so I had to trek back over.  

Just cooked a baked chicken than I bought at Coles and the damn thing was so small I gave my share to the kids and just had salad and bruscetta.    Then DH came home sat down to his share and when I asked how it was he said, 'not really very nice - not your fault I know!'   Why couldn' t he just eat what he wanted, then scrape in rest the bin, then I wouldn't feel so crap.  I know it wasn't meant to hurt me but it sucks anyway.

Arrrgghh.  I think I'm going to crack!  

Holly - red wine goes with everything.   Sucks about the plumbing.  When ours was blocked last it cost us $3,000 as we had to dig up and replace a whole length due to tree roots sad.gif

Xena - we need pics!!

squeekums -I've never made it to a BDO.  It was always something DH did with his mates and was a boys only thing.  I never had any girls that wanted to go with me sad.gif

#15 SkeptiFERAL

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Absolutely, Xena. Just like Pinot Grigio is going with very disappointing leftover chicken pie. It was much nicer last night. I think I overheated it.
Money ... I am in the process of buying my house and have started a wish-list of all of the things I would like to do to it - need a second mortgage already.

#16 MintyBiscuit

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Ange Vert @ 25/01/2013, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Monk pear.  Tea's my indulgence and I always have a range of flavours in the pantry, but this one's a perennial favourite.

Sounds tasty.

QUOTE (**Xena** @ 25/01/2013, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh no HOO sad.gif (can I call you Hoo? It's fun to say tongue.gif )

I wish my brain would stop thinking about all the things to do and spend money on! If Scotch can go with packet noodles ph34r.gif  then red wine can go with sausages, eggs and chips!

You can call me HOO. Right after I changed my UN to this someone called me that, and I nearly spat tea on my monitor when I saw it.

I hear you on the money. I've spent way too much of this week sitting online splitting up my ranting time with online window shopping. Someone should just pay me to rant, because I am awesome at it.

Found some decent looking sparkling wine which is obviously much more suited to sausages, so it's chilling in the freezer biggrin.gif

#17 **Xena**

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Xena - we need pics!!

When I get it I will biggrin.gif It's a custom made costume so it'll probably take awhile to make and it's expensive but meh dressing up and alcohol are pretty much the only things I buy for myself. I save heaps on having a shopaholic sister who gives me all her cloths tongue.gif

This is the costume though:
http://www.toddscostumes.com/costumes/xena...setCurrencyId=3
Found some decent looking sparkling wine which is obviously much more suited to sausages, so it's chilling in the freezer

Haha very nice!

#18 MintyBiscuit

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Coffeegirl @ 25/01/2013, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish I wasn't watching my weight and have vowed not to have alcohol this weekend.  Worked 8-4 today, inbetween running kids back and forth.   Had to walk back and forth between our current office and the new office 5 times in the heat to bring tradies through to quote. Only a 10 minute walk but nada shade! Wish I could've booked them all to come through at the same time.

Boss then wanted another set of photos taken and sent to him (he's away) so I had to trek back over.  

Just cooked a baked chicken than I bought at Coles and the damn thing was so small I gave my share to the kids and just had salad and bruscetta.    Then DH came home sat down to his share and when I asked how it was he said, 'not really very nice - not your fault I know!'   Why couldn' t he just eat what he wanted, then scrape in rest the bin, then I wouldn't feel so crap.  I know it wasn't meant to hurt me but it sucks anyway.

Arrrgghh.  I think I'm going to crack!  

Holly - red wine goes with everything.   Sucks about the plumbing.  When ours was blocked last it cost us $3,000 as we had to dig up and replace a whole length due to tree roots sad.gif

Xena - we need pics!!

squeekums -I've never made it to a BDO.  It was always something DH did with his mates and was a boys only thing.  I never had any girls that wanted to go with me sad.gif

vodka and soda water has very few calories wink.gif sucks about the trekking back and forth sad.gif
luckily it doesn't look like tree roots for us, just possibly a cracked pipe due to our crappy clay soil. but the previous owners paved over the top of one of the access point thingos so we have to get a new one of those in before we can know for sure.

QUOTE (skepticaemia @ 25/01/2013, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely, Xena. Just like Pinot Grigio is going with very disappointing leftover chicken pie. It was much nicer last night. I think I overheated it.
Money ... I am in the process of buying my house and have started a wish-list of all of the things I would like to do to it - need a second mortgage already.

we're four years in and still working on things. it's a never ending list

#19 **Xena**

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Yup I'm 7 years in and still have heaps to do!

#20 Coffeegirl

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Xena - that costume is awesome!  

HOO - I got so sh*tted* off watching the plumbers slowly fill in the trench at $75/hr for each of them, that I sent them on their way and finished filling it myself.  

* no pun intended!

#21 SkeptiFERAL

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Anyone been to Vietnam? My task for tonight was to plan our trip. I have booked the international flights for the kids (11yo x 2) and I, but have booked NOTHING for the 3 weeks between the flights. Any hotel/activity recommendations? I am thinking I should probably start a thread of its own, huh?
Gave up on the leftovers. Just going to fill up on wine instead.

#22 SkeptiFERAL

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Coffeegirl @ 25/01/2013, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Xena - that costume is awesome!  

HOO - I got so sh*tted* off watching the plumbers slowly fill in the trench at $75/hr for each of them, that I sent them on their way and finished filling it myself.  

* no pun intended!

Nice work! How did they react to that?

#23 Coffeegirl

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

skeptcaemia -  not much they could do.  I said the job was over amd to leave!  

Don't know much about Vietnam.  What about an eco tour, or volunteering for some of it?

#24 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (HollyOllyOxenfree @ 25/01/2013, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am out of cider cry1.gif but considering cracking open some wine. Red wine goes well with sausage, egg and chips right? unsure.gif

This week has been bollocks. I'm weaning off ADs, I got my period and DS has been a teething cranky pants. And to top it all off we had to spend $300 on a plumber today to get the drains unblocked, which was extremely stinky, and there's still more work to be done

Everything goes well with sausage, egg and chips....sorry to hear about your other stuff.....

Cheers everyone...it's 7pm here in Sydney and I've cracked open the sav blanc....

#25 Ianthe

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (katieface84 @ 25/01/2013, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm in Perth. One hour and 20 mins til I finish. First week back at work from mat leave and I need a drink - argh!

I bet that has felt like a long week!

QUOTE (skepticaemia @ 25/01/2013, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phew!!!
Good evening ladies. I am sitting having a glass of wine, reading a Kate Morton book on my kindle app, and grateful to have leftovers in the fridge for dinner (down to one child tonight).

That sounds very civilised. What Kate Morton are you reading?

QUOTE (Ange Vert @ 25/01/2013, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Evening!

I have had an absolutely crap week, but today has been a bit better and I hope that means things are on the improve.  Right now having tea, I think I might give the wine a miss today, but always up for a chat.

Also glad to have leftovers, all I needed to do was make extra rice.

I hope that things do improve for you Ange.

QUOTE (HollyOllyOxenfree @ 25/01/2013, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a crappy week (literally!)

QUOTE (**Xena** @ 25/01/2013, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's my youngest's first year. My baby shadow is all growed up cry1.gif

Awwww.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.