long story short, i believe my partner has ADHD or even Aspergers.
we have been together for 8 years.
I love him, and i can not imagine my life without him.
i always suspected that he has some emotional issues, not sure how i came across of ADHD symptoms but when i was going through symptoms, i thought to myself, OMG this is it.
here are a couple of examples why i think he has it.
- he is very impulsive. his behavior sometimes can be seen as very aggressive / rude.
- fidgets all the time, he can not be still, he always has to do something with his hands. picking nails etc.
- doesn't listen, always interrupts others
- no patience!! at all!!!
- doesn't have many friends. can be sometimes very rude without realising that he is super rude and that's not how to talk to people. or just speaks his mind and say what he really thinks.
- likes to talk about his day and what he is about to do or just did. sometimes he talks to himself, and sometimes he talks to me. likes to blurt out answers and doesnt listen to other people and just likes to be heard.
- takes him ages to finish something. like small project at home.
- normally he can not multitask. and in order to finish something he needs to fully focus on one task. ei can not drive and change radio station or open windows. only able to do it at the red light.
- can not control him emotions like anger or frustration (especially when playing PC games)
- he can never clean up after himself, very forgetful.
- i can give more examples, but thinking about his behavior makes me feel pretty sad.
if its not ADHD, i think it is something else. however the problem is that he will not do any counseling or will not see a psychiatrist for this.
couple of years ago when we broke up for a couple of months, i tried to get him to attend counseling with me, and he was extremely against it. i dont know how to bring it up, and if i do, he will just think i am nagging him or something.
he might listen to a GP, but i am unsure of how to get a GP to even suggest to see a psychologist.
his family cant really help us, as they are overseas and we dont talk to them often.
I should probably mention that we are expecting our first baby in a couple of months...
Edited by Tessarose, 25 January 2013 - 11:45 PM.