#1 CallMeProtart

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I think I have a BFP  unsure.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif  

I don't even know what BFP stand for.

DH gets home in about an hour or two.

Creative ways to tell him?

So far I've got

1) Wrap up the test and give it to him as a gift to open
2) Mention casually at some stage in the evening about cleaning out the shed, and say "well I guess we can move the bassinet back into our room..."

Anything better?
This'll pretty much be our last one - he's really been wanting it, I've been kind of lukewarm. So I'd like to make it dramatic!
If you know me IRL, please don't say anything! We won't tell anyone else till 3 months - although a bit unsure about the kids.  unsure.gif

And on a separate note.
FAAAAAAAAAARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oomg.gif

#2 R2B2

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

biggrin.gif all I can offer is a big CONGRATULATIONS!
Number 3 rocks your world grin.gif

#3 ~chiquita~

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Congratulations! ddance.gif

I do like the idea of wrapping it up for him. I'm not creative so don't have any ideas for you, sorry! Just wanted to say congrats.

#4 EuphoricDysphoria

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Play charades with him later lol

Congrats!!!

#5 Gudrun

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Ask him if he knows what BFP stands for (like you want him to tell you) then start screaming madly...
or something like that.   And/or does he know what a BFP looks like?  And then show him your treasure.

I dunno, but congratulations!

#6 silverstreak

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Tap him on the shoulder with the pee stick and say "I hereby knight thee Sir Father of Soon-to-be-three!" Nah, I have no ideas, but I wanted to say congratulations, how exciting!

#7 Regular Show

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Give him 3 choices for dinner;

-pasta
-meat N veg
- or Bun in Oven

LOL

Congratulations

#8 tamietamara

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Take a photo of all of your current family members shoes all lined up plus a pair of baby shoes at the end.....and then she it to him on his phone or show it to him on the computer downloaded

Put an actual bun in our oven and ask him to see what is in the oven.....or take a photo of this and do as per above

#9 CallMeProtart

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Thanks folks!

QUOTE (R2B2 @ 26/01/2013, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif all I can offer is a big CONGRATULATIONS!
Number 3 rocks your world grin.gif

Yeah so I've heard... except they said "it's the third that breaks you..."...! ohmy.gif

Really not quite sure how I'm feeling right now! Life was just starting to get kind of back on track again...

#10 Regular Show

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (CallMeProtart @ 26/01/2013, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks folks!

Yeah so I've heard... except they said "it's the third that breaks you..."...! ohmy.gif

Really not quite sure how I'm feeling right now! Life was just starting to get kind of back on track again...

Hmm I dont agree. I found the third just fit right in. My third has been the easiest baby ever - seriously she is just divine. The first was by far the hardest for me. The second it was just finding out how to juggle them both and 3 was easy peasy.

biggrin.gif

#11 BetteBoop

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Congrats Protart.

I can imagine it would be daunting but look on the bright side. You will have a tiny little squishy baby to cuddle and kiss. And more importantly, you will have justification to show your bogan tits off in public!

#12 skepticaemia

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I have no suggestions, but wanted to say congratulations! Sounds like you are a but shocked original.gif

Looking forward to hearing how you break the news, and his response.

Maybe in the midst of a steamy sex session, you can say "oh god... We forgot the contraception ..." And take it from there.

#13 Mummzy

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I would do a treasure hunt. Leave little notes, first note on the front of the door he will open to come inside. Each note giving him directions and the last note telling him to have a look under the sink or something like that and leave the test wrapped in ribbon or something. Once he finds it come out of hiding to see his face.  biggrin.gif

#14 BadCat

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Ask him how many kids you have.  When he says 2 say guess again.

And congratulations!

#15 IsolaBella

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (CallMeProtart @ 26/01/2013, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks folks!

I use the phrase "seemed like a good idea at the time".

#3 slotted right in and was no troubles util 21m. Currently 37m and ll I can say is bring on 4yrs.

Congratulations.

#16 ZombieMum

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Congratulations!

Duck out and get pickles and ice cream and pretend to be eating them when he gets home?

#17 gettheetoanunnery

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

"You rotten b*st*rd, you've knocked me up, AGAIN" and belt him with the test.

Pretty dramatic, right?

Tell him you can't read your tempreture on the thermometer and hand him your test.

Put a baby on board sticker on your belly and flash him.

Congrats protart - hope all goes well.

#18 Jekaho

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

OH MY GOSH!!!!

Congratulations! All the very best. (and I'll keep it under my hat)

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it.

If DD and DS are anything to go by, at last you know number 3 is going to be cute as anything!

#19 ChilliDog

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Congratulations!!

Take a photo of the positive test and upload it to either his computer or phone as a screen saver then send him a text so he checks his phone or ask him to check something on the computer for you!!

#20 CallMeProtart

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Regular Show @ 26/01/2013, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm I dont agree. I found the third just fit right in. My third has been the easiest baby ever - seriously she is just divine. The first was by far the hardest for me. The second it was just finding out how to juggle them both and 3 was easy peasy.

I so hope you're right!

QUOTE (Beetlebop @ 26/01/2013, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can imagine it would be daunting but look on the bright side. You will have a tiny little squishy baby to cuddle and kiss. And more importantly, you will have justification to show your bogan tits off in public!

I'm not that big on squishy babies... but the latter bit is a definite plus. I'll have to do the top down and "MIIIILKIIIIIESSSS" thing, just to prove that it CAN happen!

QUOTE (skepticaemia @ 26/01/2013, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe in the midst of a steamy sex session, you can say "oh god... We forgot the contraception ..." And take it from there.

I was thinking the plus was I'm exempt from sex now wink.gif

QUOTE (BadCat @ 26/01/2013, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ask him how many kids you have.  When he says 2 say guess again.

Like it!
QUOTE (ZombieMum @ 26/01/2013, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Duck out and get pickles and ice cream and pretend to be eating them when he gets home?

laughing2.gif Excellent, but I don't think I could make that sacrifice!

QUOTE (Jekaho @ 26/01/2013, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH MY GOSH!!!!

Congratulations! All the very best. (and I'll keep it under my hat)

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it.

If DD and DS are anything to go by, at last you know number 3 is going to be cute as anything!

Iknowright. I can't believe it either. I'm kind of distracting myself by looking at ways to announce and EB-ing, I'm not quite thinking about it being real. I'm so conflicted.

Fck fck fck fck fck.

Hope you're right on the last bit though!  llove.gif

#21 Starrydawn

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Congrats. But I thought you were on the verge of ending your relationship. Hope it all works out though.

#22 Madeline's Mum

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Chedasha @ 26/01/2013, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats. But I thought you were on the verge of ending your relationship. Hope it all works out though.

Wow. EB is on a roll today. Go away.

Congrats! How exciting! Can you get a photo of your current family and draw an outline of a baby/ person and put a big ? in it and give that to him?

Put a big brother/sister shirt on youngest child.

Drop subtle hints like feeling sick and sore boobs for a little while until he comes right out and guesses?

#23 namie

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Just don't do what I did...

I took a pic of the positive test on my phone intending to send it to him in reply to the exciting news of him getting a job he'd applied for, once he let me know.
Well, he heard nothing that day and then got a rejection the next day. That night I burst in to tears at the dinner table and sobbed out the news through choked tears  laughing2.gif  (well, I can laugh about it now)

He burst into laughter and told me it was great news and that we'd manage whatever happened *sigh*

I love some of the other suggestions, especially the 'Baby on Board' tummy flash.

Congratulations!

#24 Starrydawn

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Madeline's Mum @ 26/01/2013, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. EB is on a roll today. Go away.

Congrats! How exciting! Can you get a photo of your current family and draw an outline of a baby/ person and put a big ? in it and give that to him?

Put a big brother/sister shirt on youngest child.

Drop subtle hints like feeling sick and sore boobs for a little while until he comes right out and guesses?

Huh why?  She posted recently about it. So it doesn't seem too much of a stretch to think it may not be the best news ever.

If she is happy I am happy for her.

Now you go away.

#25 CallMeProtart

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Ok I did the wrapping thing. He's very happy.

Me, still kind of stressed!

Thanks all original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.