Sweat Resistant Makeup

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 HerringToMarmalade

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hi, I need some makeup help! Now, I know you shouldn't wear makeup when exercising, but I'm going into a dance competition in a few weeks and I'm no where near as fit as I'd like to be and that combined with my pale skin is leaving me bright, bright red in the face after just a dance or two. It isn't a great look, especially in a dance style where you're supposed to be making these difficult dances look like a walk in the park, and I'm also a bit worried it may impact on my scores (I know technically its not supposed to but if you're picking between two dancers you're going to pick the less puffed one right?). So what can I do? I just want to hide some of the red in my cheeks at least, but I don't want to sweat it off, and there is the potential for a lot of sweat. Some kind of foundation or concealer? I don't normally wear much makeup so I don't currently have anything that'll do the job.

#2 sophiasmum

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Most of the brands would make water resistant makeup, surely.

Sorry I'm no more help, I don't usually wear foundation, concealer etc. But water resistant came to mind straight away.

I like Revlon.

#3 Allie_D

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

I don't have issues with sweat but do have issues with oily skin lifting my foundation during the day.  I discovered primer and it has been my best friend!!  You apply it first and then put the foundation over the top and my foundation now stays put every day original.gif

#4 Frau Farbissina

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

the best primer i have tried is Napoleon perdis - one for the face and a separate primer for eye make up.
Awesome but $$

Edited by Frau Farbissina, 27 January 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#5 deedee15

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

There are green coloured concealers around that takes the red out of your face, but not sure how sweat proof it is. Can your local dance supply shop recommend anything?

#6 livvie7586

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

i would imagine you would almost have to go theatre makeup or at least something close to it (so as heavy a formula with a primer you could find)

i know my wedding makeup was done using theatre quality makeup, and it stuck around all day (and on the day of the trial i bawled all over it, and nothing moved)

#7 HerringToMarmalade

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (deedee15 @ 27/01/2013, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are green coloured concealers around that takes the red out of your face, but not sure how sweat proof it is. Can your local dance supply shop recommend anything?

I didn't even think of that! I'll have to go in and see.

Actually, I think my mum uses that Napoleon primer, I might have to see if I can borrow it and try it out.

#8 Tobias'smum

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

before the event use oil free cleanser/toner/ moisteriser thne use primer then oil free foundation

before the next step make sure you let each set dry (10 minutes for each this will give a nice base for other make up - then at end use translucent powder this helps things not to smudge

it seems like a lot but it will help or as above maybe ask local studio if they can help

all the best

#9 MrsLexiK

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Primer and also spray some hair spray on your face. Keeps the makeup on - I do this for when I know I am going out out to a nightclub or something and when it is really hot

#10 Angelina Ballerina

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Neat 3b Facesaver

http://www.pharmacydirect.com.au/product_d...x?invpid=025756

I haven't tried it but it's meant to stop perspiration on your face and can be used like a primer

#11 Propaganda

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'd be looking into professional theatrical foundation brands, like Ben Nye.

These are meant to be used by people who are likely to perspire on stage. They're not for everyday use.

Edited by Propaganda, 27 January 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#12 bluecardigans

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Red reducing primer

#13 bluecardigans

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Angelina Ballerina @ 27/01/2013, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neat 3b Facesaver

http://www.pharmacydirect.com.au/product_d...x?invpid=025756

I haven't tried it but it's meant to stop perspiration on your face and can be used like a primer

I might give that one a try... Thanks PP

#14 twinboys

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Why don't you just pay for it to be professionally done for the day instead of spending money on products that may or may not work??

As a make up artist myself - this is something that i very common for us to deal with and we have thousands of dollars of make up in our kits that we know will work on which skin types and in which situations

PM me your location and a contact phone number and I can get a make up artist to contact you ( I am on a pro site with artists all over Australia)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-kids_320x214-redballoon

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.