Monday 28th January

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 purpleblackqueen

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Well going to be a very busy couple of weeks.

Morning Stuff

KITCHEN
Unload/Reload Dishwasher
Empty Indoor Recycle Bin
RUbbish Out
Chop Up Vegies for Tomorrow Night
Cook Roast Pork
Unload/Reload Dishwasher AGAIN
Tidy
Sweep
Baking for School Snacks
Make Bread

WHILE OUT
Hayley- Hair Cut @ 9.45am
Get MOney Out for Wardrobe People

LOUNGE ROOM
Clear Airer
Quick Tidy
Sweep

MY ROOM
Make Bed
Strip Out About 95% of my room
Move Bed Over
Move Bedside Tables
Vacuum Where Wardrobe is Going

HAYLEY'S ROOM
Make Bed
Tidy
Make Room For Stuff Clear Out of My Room Temporarily

JACK'S ROOM
Quick Tidy
Make Room for Jack's Blankets
Make Bed
Vacuum

BATHROOM
Sweep After Jack's Hair Cut
Clean Vanity

MISC
Clean and Oil Hair Clippers
Jack- Hair Cut
Sweep Hallways
Lable School Stuff
Clean Jack's School Shoes
Tidy Toy Room So Jack and Friend Can Get In there to play tomorrow

WASHING
Clothes In Now
School Hats
Iron School Uniforms
Fold 5 Baskets of Washing

PAPERWORK
Rearrange Menu Plan- Print Up and Put on Fridge
Organise Plan for Week- Going to be a very busy week
Organise Plan for NExt week
New Routines
Transfer Files to USB Sticks
Try and Find Address for My Penpal from years ago

Edited by purpleblackqueen, 28 January 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#2 purpleblackqueen

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

So what are your plans for Monday????

#3 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Usual Monday for me.

Big house clean day
Sheets and linen washed/hung out
Grocery shop

#4 purpleblackqueen

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Well not off to a good start this morning, woke up at 3am and went back to sleep about 5.30am, so have just woken up and we have to be out the door in less than an hour, for a good part of the morning. I have to get my list done today, as I have  Jack's friend and a Tradie both due @ 8.30 in the morning, for most of the day

Edited by purpleblackqueen, 28 January 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#5 Ianthe

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

OK time to move out of holiday mode. I'll see how I go original.gif

Main Bedroom

Tidy
Dust

Boys room

Pick up blankets and clothes BOYS DID IT

Rumpus Room

Toys
Clothes]
Books

Washing

Fold gazillion loads of washing and put away -folded and put away upstairs stuff

Kitchen

Unpack/repack dishwasher
Dinner

Misc

Referee bickering kids
Email S
General tidy downstairs
Vacuum
Mop
Cover school books

Edited by Ianthe, 28 January 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#6 Cranky Old Woman

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

I wish I was disciplined enough to do a list and stick to it but basically I'm lazy. biggrin.gif

I have, however, started a major decluttering exercise and am currently working on my bookcase - I'm being ruthless - goodbye Mary Higgins Clarke!!

#7 purpleblackqueen

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Well, just got home. Now to have lunch and then tackle the list

#8 EssentialBludger

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Do your kids do anything PBQ? You post everyday that you have to make their beds and tidy their rooms. Can they not do this? Especially Hayley. She's 11. It doesn't matter if they don't do I upto your standards, but I would get them helping. More time for you to relax!

I'm not doing anything here today other than a quick tidy and vac. DD will empty the dishwasher, then we might do some baking.

#9 purpleblackqueen

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (EssentialBludger @ 28/01/2013, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do your kids do anything PBQ? You post everyday that you have to make their beds and tidy their rooms. Can they not do this? Especially Hayley. She's 11. It doesn't matter if they don't do I upto your standards, but I would get them helping. More time for you to relax!

I'm not doing anything here today other than a quick tidy and vac. DD will empty the dishwasher, then we might do some baking.

I have asked Hayley to do her floor, which has to be fully done, as I have to put 95% of my stuff in there today, until Wednesday, due to my wardrobe being fitted tomorrow.

They can do it, but whinge and complain and end up fighting with each other, which is not relaxing at all

Out of todays list that is about all they can do, make their beds and tidy their rooms.

#10 EssentialBludger

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Really? I can see lots that they could do? My 8yo empties our dishwasher. Jack could clean his own shoes. Get them to take the clothes of the airer etc. Hayley could also fold washing? Put a movie on she likes and sit down in front of the tv and do it together?

Give them an incentive. DD earns pocket money for every job she does above and beyond what is expected of her. Or we play a game where she gets a new game on her iPod for every job done. Or offer them a fun day out somewhere if you achieve everything off your list today.

#11 ~Jodama_Feral~

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

They should be doing everything int their own rooms and in my house if asked they can unpack the dishwasher and then you can reload. They can do the rubbish and recycling. Jack can clean his own shoes. I would also have them take the clothes of the site or the line. Sweep or vacuum any room they are asked.These jobs don't have to be done perfect but they are ones kids can do easily.

I don't think you give your kids enough credit as to what they can do or possibly they realise that if they mess around and don't do it properly you will.

#12 purpleblackqueen

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (EssentialBludger @ 28/01/2013, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? I can see lots that they could do? My 8yo empties our dishwasher. Jack could clean his own shoes. Get them to take the clothes of the airer etc. Hayley could also fold washing? Put a movie on she likes and sit down in front of the tv and do it together?

Give them an incentive. DD earns pocket money for every job she does above and beyond what is expected of her. Or we play a game where she gets a new game on her iPod for every job done. Or offer them a fun day out somewhere if you achieve everything off your list today.

So woudl you let a 6yr old lose with black boot polish???

Hayley will not fold 5 load of washing, unless I then want to iron the entire 5 loads afterwards.

Tried pocket money, reward charts etc and they dont work. The Ipod games are free anyway so doesn't work with DD either.

#13 purpleblackqueen

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (kriattica @ 28/01/2013, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They should be doing everything int their own rooms and in my house if asked they can unpack the dishwasher and then you can reload. They can do the rubbish and recycling. Jack can clean his own shoes. I would also have them take the clothes of the site or the line. Sweep or vacuum any room they are asked.These jobs don't have to be done perfect but they are ones kids can do easily.

I don't think you give your kids enough credit as to what they can do or possibly they realise that if they mess around and don't do it properly you will.

Hayley's room today HAS to be done properly- which will probably take her the remainder of the afternoon., as I have to fit 95% of my stuff in there until Wednesday

Edited by purpleblackqueen, 28 January 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#14 EssentialBludger

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (purpleblackqueen @ 28/01/2013, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So woudl you let a 6yr old lose with black boot polish???

Hayley will not fold 5 load of washing, unless I then want to iron the entire 5 loads afterwards.

Tried pocket money, reward charts etc and they dont work. The Ipod games are free anyway so doesn't work with DD either.

With newspaper under him and a little supervision, yes.

I didn't say she had to fold 5 loads of washing, I said do it with her.

What's their currency? There must be something they would like as an incentive?

Just suggestions to make life easier for YOU. It doesn't have to be perfect. Noone's going to see if the clothes aren't folded perfectly...

#15 EssentialBludger

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

And yeah, iPod games are free but DD needs my permission to put them on as it's password protected...

#16 Lyra

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Today I have done the following

* sorted through the dress-up box with my 7 year old.
* Hung out two loads of washing
* Put three things up on eBay

I agree with PP: get your kids to do more. My daughter sorts out what is hers from the clean washing. She sweeps the floor each night, tidies her room, strips her bed on the weekend, unstacks the dishwasher, sets the table, brings the dirty dishes to the sink, waters the plants and does various other jobs as asked. She doesn't always do these jobs with a smile on her face and a song in her heart but my response is always 'I didn't ask you to like doing it, I asked you do it' Also, if she has a screaming hissy fit when I give her a job to do, I give her another job and so on and so on

#17 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm deep cleaning the toilet right now (see my thread in misc)

#18 Heather11

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

I noticed you are clearing out your bedroom for your wardrobe to be put in.  I don't remember moving anything out when we had ours put in.  

Everything was prefabricated and it only took him a few hours to put it up.

On job helping.  DS#2 who is 5 loves putting the recycling in the bin

#19 purpleblackqueen

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Heather11 @ 28/01/2013, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed you are clearing out your bedroom for your wardrobe to be put in.  I don't remember moving anything out when we had ours put in.  

Everything was prefabricated and it only took him a few hours to put it up.

On job helping.  DS#2 who is 5 loves putting the recycling in the bin

I have a lot of stuff where the cupboard is going, not to mention that for it to fit I have to move my bed over, which then means moving everything on the other side of the room, which is where my bed has to go, plus the stuff under the bed to be able to move it.

As the thing is going to the roof, they are going to have fit a ladder in the room to (10ft-12ft ceilings.) I was told that they would start at 8.30am and wouldn't finish until about 2pm.

#20 Lyra

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (purpleblackqueen @ 28/01/2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a lot of stuff where the cupboard is going, not to mention that for it to fit I have to move my bed over, which then means moving everything on the other side of the room, which is where my bed has to go, plus the stuff under the bed to be able to move it.

As the thing is going to the roof, they are going to have fit a ladder in the room to (10ft-12ft ceilings.) I was told that they would start at 8.30am and wouldn't finish until about 2pm.

I would expect them to go longer than that! We have had so much stuff done to this place in the last year and the one thing that has been consistent is: they have no idea how long things will take! As an example we had floating floor boards put in our kitchen but we had to remove the tiles first. They started at 8am and said the tiles would be out by 10am, 11am at the latest. At 11am they had removed approx 10 tiles in total. By 1pm they decide to go out and buy a whole new tool to get rid of the tiles. By 3pm they realise this is not working by 4.30pm 1/4 of the room is done and they leave for the day LOL

Hopefully wardrobe installation is easier than tile removal wink.gif

#21 Heather11

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

How are you labeling the school items?  Surely Hayley could do that.

#22 purpleblackqueen

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (Heather11 @ 28/01/2013, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How are you labeling the school items?  Surely Hayley could do that.

Permanent marker- It has already been done

#23 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Would love to see some photos of your house - before and after. Is there somewhere we can see them? Or can you post them on here?

I might get some good ideas.

#24 purpleblackqueen

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (~THE~MAGICIAN~ @ 28/01/2013, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would love to see some photos of your house - before and after. Is there somewhere we can see them? Or can you post them on here?

I might get some good ideas.

I will get some posted up here as soon as I can.

#25 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Lovely! Looking forward to seeing them! original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.