*spinoff* Show yourself... as a child

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 FeralFerretOfDoom

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I've been loving the current photos thread, and all the reference to people with a "mini-me" has me curious about just how many people have kids that are doppelgangers for them as children.

So here are mine -

Here's me at 1

And DS at 1

#2 Jaffacakes

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Wow that's quite an uncanny resemblance!!

Both my kiddos are a pretty good mix of me and DH

#3 R2B2

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

DP

Edited by R2B2, 27 January 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#4 R2B2

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Our kids are all little Jip clones wink.gif

always knew C looked a lot like you ferret, but that is uncanny!

#5 CallMeFeral

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Love it! I'll have to do some scanning though...

#6 AprilEthereal

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Ferret, I swear that is the same child. Amazing resemblance.

#7 Iris37

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Me at 5 years

and DD2 is 5 years in this photo..

#8 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

misread thread.  Will come back with more relevant photos!

Edited by Soprano-Cat, 27 January 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#9 Beanbag Warrior

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

So, I don't have kids, so mine is backwards.  This is about the only photo where my younger sister actually looks more like dad than I do, usually we're the spitting image of each other.  I blame the hair

Me at 10 (on the left)

Dad at 10

#10 FeralFerretOfDoom

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Wow Iris37 - that's amazing!

I'm currently looking through old photos of me at 5 to see if the resemblance between me and DS is still as strong - I'm now finding photos where I can see my DD, who I always thought was more like her father...

#11 EBeditor

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Not that similar here, my kids were blonder with chubbier cheeks.

Me:

DD:

#12 Jenferal

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I don't have any photos of myself as a kid at my house, and they were way before digital cameras so I'd have to scan etc.
But my 2yr old is a really good mix of bother parents. My family sees me in her, his family see him lol. That first pic is uncanny! And both are super cute!

#13 .Jerry.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Me at about 5 or 6:

Molly:

Molly lucked out with the curly hair.

(sorry about the huge size.....)

#14 76 others

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Damn I wish I had childhood pics of me here. My DD7 is the spit of me. She even thinks pics of me at my parents are of her. And DS11 is the spit of DH. Everyone calls them mini us.

#15 Canberra Chick

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

me aged 4, just before starting school:

DD, a few months back:

#16 kadoodle

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Holy moly, there are some real mini mes on here!

#17 MintyBiscuit

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Awesome thread, I'll have to dig up some scans.

#18 vanessa71

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (EBeditor @ 27/01/2013, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that similar here, my kids were blonder with chubbier cheeks.

Me:

DD:

Your daughter doesn't look as much like you as your son does!

Many people think that DD is the spittting image of me, but she really isn't, both kids are a bit of a mixture of both of us.

Here is a pic of me at 2 and one of DD at the same age.

#19 MintyBiscuit

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Ferret, that matching grin is awesome original.gif

Iris37, that really is an uncanny likeness with your daughter.

OK, excuse the dodgy scans. I think DS is a pretty good mix of DH and I, although as his colouring has got lighter he looks a little more like me.

Me at around 12 months

DH at around 15-18 months

DS recently - he's 15 months old today

One thing that is definite is that DS and I look the same when we're asleep.

Me sleeping when I was just shy of 3 years old

DS asleep a couple of months ago

Edited by HollyOllyOxenfree, 27 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#20 skylark

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I don't think my son looks like me at all, he looks like one of my uncles as a kid a bit though. Weirdly he is a dead spit of my husband now, but not of my husband as a child, does that make sense? Must see what photographic evidence I might have.

Also, incredibly mini-me kids in this thread!

Edited by skylark, 27 January 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#21 BeYOUtiful

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Awesome thread and I think they are all mini me's.

Will copy some pics and be back

#22 Therese

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Wow. These are amazing. original.gif

#23 Feral_Pooks

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

DS resembles DH most strongly but he is a little like me, especially across the eyes and his hair, so these photos are deceptive.

#24 Lil Chickens

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Wow I thought DD was like me as a child but I think we have nothing on Ferret and Iris37!

I don't have the pic on computer but there is a photo of me at about 2 with my dad and since she was about 2 DD has insisted it is her and Pop.  Only recently will she accept it is me!

#25 PigNewton

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Me at a bit over a year old

Owen at maybe 18 months?

TBH although he does look like me at times, DH was pretty similar looking to me as a kid, and Owen gets a lot from him too (playing up for the camera comes to mind)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Essential-Kids_Snow-Queen-Promotion-tile

Win a Fairytale experience

To celebrate the DVD release of The Snow Queen, we are offering one lucky child and their guardian the chance to experience what it would be like to live in an enchanted fairytale.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.