What's happening at your house?
I'm bored

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'm sitting here with nothing to do.

The kids are playing nicely. DH is away for work. Housework all done. No one to talk to. Still very warm here. Too early for bed (nearly 8:20pm)

So what are you upto?

Anything exciting happening in your World?

Edited by ~THE~MAGICIAN~, 27 January 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#2 Froger

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Looks like neighbour's gum tree will shortly be falling on my fence. Apart from that nothing. Kids all in bed. I'm browsing internet for a corded phone that will work in a blackout. Think I should buy one after today. Not that I had a blackout thankfully, but the bad weather looks set to be continuing.

I'm also looking miserably at my huge pile of washing and wondering just how on earth I will ever get it done.

#3 WYSIWYG

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Laying in the couch on my phone switching between Facebook and EB. Both kids asleep, DF playing on the iPad.

Not very exciting.

#4 Kafkaesque

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

A slumber party with 9
Six to nine year old girls. Oh my ears!

#5 cardcarryingferal

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Sprawled on the couch alternating between writing job applications and browsing EB. DP is watching the tennis.

I should probably get up and clean the kitchen, but I think I'll go to bed instead.

#6 Angelot

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

I'm looking at the blog I've started and wondering whether I've had nearly two hundred visitors, but only one comment (from DH - bless him!) because it's crap, or because it's too much and people can't be bothered, or because...some other reason I haven't thought up yet.

I'm also procrastinating about going to bed.  I can see insomnia on the horizon, and just...ugh.

#7 unicorn

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Quite one here, the rest of the household is asleep, the dog run has flooded so I have my 4 and my sister's 2 dogs inside, so seems like I am constantly doing toilet runs with them, if I let them out on their own they will play and get sopping wet and the house already smells like wet dog. Between toilet trips I am surfing the net.

#8 Propaganda

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

My child is in bed. My husband is on his computer. I'm not interested in being on the computer but hoping he'll get off his soon so we can catch up on some episodes of our current TV show.

#9 wilding

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

The kids upstairs probably on the ipad or doing something else and i'm just listening to music. No tv tonight as cruppy reception due to bunny ears and the rain.

#10 *-*

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

It's quiet.  Everyone is sleeping.

I am sitting up and enjoying it because:

DD1 is auditioning for a part in a small local theatre company (it's a love job original.gif ) - So ALL day she has been singing.  ALL DAY!! She has a beautiful voice - but ffs, a little silence doesn't go astray!!

DD2 Is training for another belt in Karate - So she is kicking, punching and yelling her Japanese all over the place.

And DS just has the sh*ts about everything.  Spilt his drink = major meltdown.  Everything involves a major meltdown.

So I sit in silence, though needing sleep VERY soon!

#11 LifesGood

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

DH and I just got home from going out to dinner with friends, kids are long since asleep (babysitter) and I'm about to pack it in. Had the most delicious Italian meal. Back on the diet tomorrow!
QUOTE (Ange Vert @ 27/01/2013, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm also procrastinating about going to bed.  I can see insomnia on the horizon, and just...ugh.

Sorry to hear about your insomnia Ange Vert, I've been there and it is horrible. Can you take something? I have sleeping tablets on hand for when it strikes me, which isn't often now that I take ADs.

#12 delli

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Im home alone, watching tennis ceremony, after that itll be dishes and bed.  Riveting stuff!

#13 Riotproof

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Ange, I only read your last entry, and it's beautifully written but it doesn't really invite comment. I'm probably not your target audience anyway, being a non believer.

I am about to go to bed, but I'm hoping the Panadol will kick in first.

#14 Angelot

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (LifesGood @ 27/01/2013, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to hear about your insomnia Ange Vert, I've been there and it is horrible. Can you take something? I have sleeping tablets on hand for when it strikes me, which isn't often now that I take ADs.

I don't have anything prescribed.  Sometimes if I'm really desperate I have a Frangelico and milk and that tends to do the trick, but I try not to rely on it!  The insomnia tends to pop up when I'm stressed, and at the moment it's a bit of a case of yes, I am stressed, yes, I know why, yes, it will get better, but there's not much I can do about it right now!

ETA: Oh, thanks, riotproof!  I wasn't expecting a critique here, just chatting.  Hmm, maybe I need to rethink my tone a bit!

Edited by Ange Vert, 27 January 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#15 LouiseA1

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'm sitting watching tv, listening to DH snore and crossing everything I can hoping our roof doesn't blow off . I've remembered all these things I didn't pack into my grab and run box this morning.

#16 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

DH - watcing a movie
DD - asleep, she will be up in three hours to go to work (racing stablehand)
DS - at a mate's place - last sleepover of the holidays.
Me - going to bed to fall asleep reading my book. Foolishly volunteered to help with a Bunning's sausage sizzle tomorrow.

#17 Paddlepop

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I'm playing around on the computer switching between EB and some games, and DH and DD are in the kitchen. She's a night owl so she'll be awake for a little while yet.

It's pretty wet here in Brisbane but we're doing fine. Mum rang me earlier to tell me that their town is cut off because of flooding and my aunt and uncle's house has already flooded. Mum and Dad will be checking the river level throughout the night to make sure that they don't flood too. The power had gone out and every few minutes Mum could here logs/trees crashing into things in the river and was getting pretty freaked out. The river is already higher than it was in the Qld floods 2 years ago, plus there is still more water coming down it from other places that have had heavy rain.

So, fairly boring in my house but I'm worried about my family back in my home town getting flooded.

#18 Chillax

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Watching reruns of Downton Abbey and freaking out our house is about to get blown in any minute. My windows and doors are seriously rattling. Brisbane is scary tonight.

#19 Feral_Pooks

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Been tired for days, then had a few hours sleep this afternoon, now can't sleep.

Also just generally stressed.

Reading your blog Ange!

#20 kpingitquiet

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Kiddo is sleeping, dogs are too. Husband is making peanut butter mug cakes, and I'm chillin' out watching an environmental drama starring Matt Damon.

#21 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Stay safe Queenslanders!

#22 Jessie_T

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Legs up in in the air hahahaha come on spermies swim your hardest  hands.gif you reach your destination  hands.gif  hands.gif

#23 harryboy

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Keeping the buckets up to the leak in my rof and listening to the wind howl like I've never heard it before. There'll be a mess outside tomorrow with the trees all breaking up.

#24 stephanu

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Just finished up watching a movie with DH in the lounge room. Now we are watching Seinfeld in the bedroom. Tounge1.gif

Kids are sleeping. Although DS2 is getting up every once in a while to remind us that he's there.

#25 RealityBites

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Pregnancy insomnia. Waiting for another episode of Boardwalk Empire to download. About to make a cup of tea. It's all happening  biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• winter-school-holiday-guide

School holiday guide

Here is what's on around Australia in your state. From ice skating to music theatre classes there is something to suit every child and every budget.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.