Just after suggestions for new seats..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pretty Boy Floyd

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

I am looking at buying two new seats for my car, so that my childrens current seats can be used as spares in DH's car and we're not continually moving seats from car to car.

DS (3.6yrs, 101cm ,14.5kg) is currently in an old style Maxi Rider AHR- but I've just discovered the foam is cracked on the AHR bit...
DD (2yrs, roughly 86cm, 11.5kg) has recently turned FF  in a Compaq Deluxe.

Is DD too little to put in a convertible booster?  I'm currently looking at babylove ezy combos.  

Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

#2 IsolaBella

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Check out the New Maxi Rider AHR.

Your youngest you could look at the same seat, but I have just moved my 5.5yo from a New Comoaq. The New Compaq (or Lifestyle) is also a seat to consider.

Generally I have found convertible boosters to be too upright for younger children, but feedback on here is that the Znew Maxi Rider is good.

As for your old one, tape up the cracked foam and contact Britax about getting a replacement.

#3 Pretty Boy Floyd

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Thanks Isolabella, I've had a look at the Britax website. Is the new maxirider the Easy Adjust? They look good. We do currently still have the slumping issue with DS as he still falls asleep a lot. We've been putting whichever child is more likely to fall asleep (usually DS) in the compaq if its a particularly long drive... I have also heard better reports on the new style seat. I shot them off an email about the foam as well original.gif

Would you not recommend the ezycombos? This is not the greatest reason but cost will be factoring in. DH is quite happy to move the seats from car to car, and I don't trust either of our installations 100%. He'll be more likely to go for buying new seats if its going to cost $400 rather than $1000....

#4 IsolaBella

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Check recent posts about the New Maxi. Someone found them for a very good price

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...owtopic=1034943

Edited by lsolaBella, 28 January 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#5 outdoorgirl81

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

I just bought the new SnS Maxi rider (thanks Isolabella!) for my 2yo 13kg daughter and we have not found it too upright, we are very happy with it's mechanics/ ease of use etc.  We were comparing to the Maxi cosi air comfort, which was $200 cheaper where I was looking, and safety aside, I thought the maxi rider was an all around better seat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.