A sign from my daughter
What do you think

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Winnie The Pooh

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

We had all been talking about getting some kittens in the second weeks of the Sept school holls last year.  Unfortunately, our life was shattered when we lost our precious girl during the first week.

2 days ago DH, DS and I adopted 2 lovely little kittens and they've certainly bought us lots of unconditional love and are a constant source of companionship.  When I was emptying the dry kitty food that we had just purchased I noticed that the use by date was DD's date of birth.  I burst into tears and took this as a comforting sign that she's glad we got the kittens and is happy that we have them to love and care for.

Has anyone else had a simillar experience with a loved one who has passed?  I would love to hear your story.

#2 lucky 2

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Hi Winnie the Pooh, no one else had responded so I thought I would, I can't remember if this has happened to me or not but I have had numerous experiences that are unexplainable and/or coincidental,.
I don't know if this was a sign from your daughter but if it brings you comfort and it has meaning to you then I suppose it is a sign, for you.
Best wishesx

#3 **Xena**

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

You know you just never know.

My friend lost his Dad and the family kept finding white feathers everywhere. We named our son after him and that day we decided I found a white feather in my house with no reason why it should be there and then later that day I saw a white sea hawk (and we don't live near a beach). I like to think it was a sign original.gif

#4 CallMeFeral

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss  cry1.gif

I do believe there can be little signs from 'beyond'. I'm not sure I even know what 'beyond' is, but there is something, I think. For me, the big one was that my mum had so much wanted grandchildren, it was probably her greatest wish, but died the year before we conceived.
There had been an item of very significant wedding jewellery that she had lost about 10 years before that, when we moved house - we all assumed it must have been lost in the move and either be lost in the old house, or else gone in the movers van or something.
A couple of weeks before DD was born, my dad got a 'funny feeling' (he's very into this stuff) and went to look in his sock drawer without really knowing why, and lo and behold, somewhere from behind the lining or something, this item appears. He had felt for some time that mum was watching us and was happy about the grandchild, and then this happened and it was like a gift from her for her first grandchild.

I'm sure in theory it could all be coincidence. But I think there's something more original.gif

#5 zzgirl

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yes, I believe 100% in signs.  

When it happens, you just know it.  It can't be explained by logic, but somehow you 'feel' it.  I am such a logical person, but when it comes to this, I know exactly what you mean by 'signs'.  It happens to me quiet a bit, and I never explain it to other people because I think that they will think there is something seriously wrong with me.  

Go with your heart and not your head.  I believe its real.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• ek-smiggle-driver-thumb

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.