What is (a?) protart?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 MummyLyss

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Sorry,  but I have seen a few usernames with 'protart' in it, as well as last night I saw it used like a describing word... very confused... I tried googling it, but I think I did it wrong because I still have no idea what it means...

Thanks original.gif

#2 RobotFerretOfDoom

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

It's from a recent thread on the breastfeeding "discreetly" issue, where a poster made a reference to some women being "tarty".

She later referred to people who disagreed with her stance as "protarts" and an EB buzzword was formed.

A number of the posters in that thread who believe in the right to feed your baby whenever and however you believe necessary decided to change their names to incorporate "protart".

Edited by WootFerretOfDoom, 30 January 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#3 76 others

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

In a thread in the News section about the breastfeeding lady at the aquatic centre, a very....um...conservative women accused us all of being protarts for encouraging women to have their tits out for the boys like the s*uts we are when we are breastfeeding.

#4 Ducky*Fuzz

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Never noticed it myself.

But anyway I'M A PROTART

#5 Pssst...

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for asking OP - and for answering PP!

I'm a protart too! biggrin.gif

#6 JECJEC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

I giggled when I saw the username changes. I had been keeping up with the thread and thought that it was an awesome thing to do. tthumbs.gif

#7 MummyLyss

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Ooh! I read a little of that thread. I guess I didn't make it that far through. I'm a protart too then  tongue.gif

#8 Shirley Sue

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Me too! Go protarts!  tthumbs.gif

#9 Sweet like a lemon

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'll have to go find the thread. How freaking daft. Protart for the win.

#10 MsDemeanor

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

First cats, now protarts, EB has gone mad!

#11 JoMarch

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Ha ha, I've been wondering this myself!  Go the protarts! biggrin.gif

#12 steppy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Seriously? Publicly breast feeding women are tarty? That's sad.

#13 Jane Jetson

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

It was quite a thread.

Milkies ftw!

#14 mini mac

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Glad someone asked. I missed that thread.

I'm a protart too!

#15 Chocolate Addict

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (MsDemeanor @ 30/01/2013, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First cats, now protarts, EB has gone mad!

No, not EB just a token few in their own little clique. wink.gif

#16 BetteBoop

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (steppy @ 30/01/2013, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously? Publicly breast feeding women are tarty? That's sad.

OP said she was jealous of the tarty women showing their boobies off to her husband.

It was very sad.

#17 lovealpacas

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Protart here! In fact I'm protarting at my local shops right now original.gif

#18 ThatsNotMyName

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Protart here too  cool.gif

#19 Sir Dinosaurus

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Beetlebop @ 30/01/2013, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OP said she was jealous of the tarty women showing their boobies off to her husband.

It was very sad.

Precisely why I stayed away - I get too incoherent when I try to explain the unexplainable.

Nice work LovesAlpacas - I'm very protart, plus my boobs are old ald droopy - perfect for "flopping out" all tarty like biggrin.gif

#20 happy jelly bean

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

ooh me too, me too; i'm a protart, especially to my now, not very good friends' disgust because -
(my six month old should be drinking from a cup already!") mad.gif

anyway thats a whole other thread waiting to be written right there......

#21 leo the lioness

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Looks like I'm a 'protart' too!

Looking back I should have gotten my DH to bring our breastfed baby to work for me to feed after my boss told me my continuing breastfeeding of my child "was a problem".  (At the time I was working 10 hours a week and had asked to have those 10 hours split into 2 x 3.5 hours and 1 x 3 hours shifts which would have saved him money as he wouldn't have had to give me a paid tea break and it would allow me to continue to breastfeed my child. Protart all the way!)

Edited for grammar!

Edited by leo the lioness, 30 January 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#22 protart roflcoptor

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (Chocolate Addict @ 30/01/2013, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, not EB just a token few in their own little clique. wink.gif

Ex-squeese me!
No cliques here. I don't even see eye to eye on some issues with others who have changed their UN in support of tarts.
I did it all on my own as my tarty days are behind me now and it was a little thing I could do to show my support for baby-feeding anywhere without discrimination.
I suppose I could find other ways IRL to show how much I support tarts....hmmmmmm.

#23 BadCat

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Yeah, pretty sure it has nothing to do with cliques and everything to do with being p*ssed off at someone suggesting that breastfeeding in public makes you a whore.

#24 Helen-Alice

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

I am a protart then, out and proud! Well I was, and I hope to be again soon!

Anyway- can someone please link the thread??

#25 BetteBoop

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Here t'is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.