Febfast
Anyone doing it?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 matt1972

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

Febfast

It's essentially an alcohol free month (the shortest of the year!!!)
We haven't registered but think that it is a good opportunity to make a short term commitment to healthier living for a set period and then hopefully carry that on after the challenge.

We don't drink excessively in our house so have decided that it might be a good opportunity to go without booze and soft drink of any sort for 28 days as well as take away (apart from subway) over the same period.

#2 ChunkyChook

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'm boring, I only have a few drinks around my birthday in the middle of the year anyway. I gave up soft drink and takeaway (except subway, once a week) at the start of the year.

That said I am Phuket bound in a few weeks and will probably eat takeaway, drink soft drink and have a cocktail or two while there.

Good luck to everyone who has a crack at it!

#3 blue86

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

I've basically started this already. I've just signed up for a 6 week boot camp, so figured I should try and help my progress but cutting the booze...I used to have at least a couple of drinks a night, so it has made a difference I think

#4 blackcat20

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Yup. Haven't done it before, but with everything thats been going on lately there has been a little too much alcohol imbibed, so its a good chance to detox.

#5 Lucretia Borgia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

I'd like to, I have over indulged over the festive season......I have next to no will power however, my only successful periods of abstinence have been two pregnancies!  tongue.gif And I'm not going through one of those again!

Guess I have a day to make up my mind don't I......

#6 raven74

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Yep but it's hardly a stretch since I'm already one month into an alcohol free period of three months... and I didn't drink much to begin with.  
I REALLY wanted a wine yesterday though!

#7 MrsShine

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

What's with subway - didn't realise it was so popular!

Would like to but we're off OS next week with friends and don't get back till the 15th and I reckon there is no way I'll be able to abstain from cocktails by the pool and wine with dinner :/

Might aim for dry July original.gif

#8 Lucretia Borgia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (MrsShine @ 31/01/2013, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Might aim for dry July original.gif

Rolls off the tongue better I think original.gif

#9 ChunkyChook

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (MrsShine @ 31/01/2013, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's with subway - didn't realise it was so popular!

When I dont want to cook it is the healthiest place for fast food. That's why I like it. Maccas, KFC, Red Rooster, Hungry Jacks etc dont have anything I really like on their 'healthy menus'.

#10 hkclaire

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Great idea Matt.

I'll join you, but I'm ditching sugar for the month. (I rarely drink anything other than water, coffee or tea.) So cakes, biscuits, lollies etc are all out. I will let myself have the occasional bit of 85% chocolate to keep some sanity!

#11 matt1972

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (ChunkyChook @ 31/01/2013, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I dont want to cook it is the healthiest place for fast food. That's why I like it. Maccas, KFC, Red Rooster, Hungry Jacks etc dont have anything I really like on their 'healthy menus'.

Yeah I only mentioned it because I guess it classifies as take away and it is something I have a bit for lunch. Now without cheese and only with the low calorie sauces.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.