Sunshine Coast/Noosa accommodation

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 toc76

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Hi Everyone

heading to the sunshine coast in july for a family holidays DS's will be 3 and 5 1/2.  can someone recommend family friendly accommodation in and around Noosa.  We have stayed at Alexandra Headland before and really liked it but wanted to try a different part of the sunshine coast.

would love recommendations - am looking for two bedroom and where we can do some self catering.

thanks

#2 tassiegal

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Sorry I can't help. I came in to recommend Alexandra Beach resort original.gif

#3 mards

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Try South Pacific Resort - Noosaville! - it has great reviews and you can walk to restauants etc. good pool too

Try South Pacific Resort - Noosaville! - it has great reviews and you can walk to restauants etc. good pool too

#4 bubmakes3

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Not sure about Noosa but we spent the first week of Jan in Mooloolaba. We had a 1 bed apartment at The Mantra Mooloolaba Beach. It had a king size in the bedroom and a fold out couch in the living room. We would put DS down in the bedroom and then transfer him when we went to bed to the couch.
SIL stayed at Sirrocco in a 2 bed apartment which was also really nice. Both places had full kitchens, washing machine and dryer (ours was a combo one). Great pools and outdoor spaces etc etc.

#5 bunny2

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

We stayed at The Rise, Noosa and I highly NOT RECOMMEND it.  

I don't know how it gets great reviews on tripadvisor.  It is dirty and not well maintained at all.  
It felt like I was staying in someone's dirty apartment.  We ended up leaving halfway through our trip because I'd rather go home to my nice, clean house that is just 2 hours down the road.

Sorry if that doesn't help!  I'd be interested to hear of some good accomodation in Noosa also.  

#6 Feral timtam

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Are you after resort style or self catered holiday apartment/house style?

We go the self catered route and use the local real estate agents to book holiday houses, our last holiday was booked through Henzells and they were marvellous to deal with.

#7 toc76

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I am open to suggestions for either resort style or self catering. I would like at least use of a kitchen so we can do breakfast,lunches. And maybe the occasional dinner.

How do people get from the airport to noosa.

#8 qak

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Last time we went we stayed at Twin Quays, Noosaville.  They are self contained apartments.  Their website here.  It is a block back from the riverfront, and walking distance to the big supermarket.  Drive to Hastings Street.

We used a transfer coach to get from the airport.

#9 toc76

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

still looking for recommendations.  would like something with a play area there or quite close by. to be able to walk to a beach would also be good
thanks

#10 mards

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

south Pacific has 4 pools!! 2 heated

http://www.southpacificresort.com.au/noosa...-facilities.htm

they have a shuttle into Hastings - but you can work to local restauants in Nossaville...

check www.tripadvisor.com  to get the reviews.

#11 gabbigirl

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

There is a shuttle bus that does door to door service from the airport to Noosa.  One is called Henry's and I think the other one is Col's.

#12 MsNorbury

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

We stayed here http://www.noosavillageriverresort.com/

Last september holidays and it was great. Had a very warm pool and tennis court. Fully self contained and  just across the road from a playground and the river wih a small river beach.

Just a short drive, bus or ferry to Noosa main beach. Really close to all the cafes of Gympie terrace in Noosaville.  

we have also stayed at Offshore (also in Noosavile) and it was great as well

I love Noosaville.

#13 Leslie Knope

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (qak @ 01/02/2013, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last time we went we stayed at Twin Quays, Noosaville.  They are self contained apartments.  Their website here.  It is a block back from the riverfront, and walking distance to the big supermarket.  Drive to Hastings Street.

We used a transfer coach to get from the airport.

I second Twin Quays. We stayed there for 7 days. The surrounding restaurants and cafes were great and as PP stated the supermarket is within walking distance with a couple of speacialty shops.

#14 .Jerry.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (juliettesmum @ 01/02/2013, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We stayed here http://www.noosavillageriverresort.com/

Last september holidays and it was great. Had a very warm pool and tennis court. Fully self contained and  just across the road from a playground and the river wih a small river beach.

Just a short drive, bus or ferry to Noosa main beach. Really close to all the cafes of Gympie terrace in Noosaville.  

we have also stayed at Offshore (also in Noosavile) and it was great as well

I love Noosaville.

We stayed there too last September holidays.....  Hmmmm... May have seen you there laughing2.gif

Great townhouses, have everything you need.  River across the road with sandy beach, grassed areas, BBQs, playgrounds, bike path.  You can walk to pub, shops, restaurants.  The river is great for boating etc.
The resort had a great pool, tennis court.   Managers very helpful and friendly.

Highly recommend.

#15 MsNorbury

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

We stayed there too last September holidays..... Hmmmm... May have seen you there

The townhouse next door had a very cute little blonde girl so maybe (gosh I sound like a stalker, but I have seen your sig lots!) .  We have two really noisy kids if it was us were next door to you sorry!

OP a wam pool at that time of year is essential. Heated can mean many different things. This pool was really warm.

#16 slinky

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

this is where we are staying mid march http://www.shearwaterresort.com.au

#17 .Jerry.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (juliettesmum @ 01/02/2013, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The townhouse next door had a very cute little blonde girl so maybe (gosh I sound like a stalker, but I have seen your sig lots!) .  We have two really noisy kids if it was us were next door to you sorry!

OP a wam pool at that time of year is essential. Heated can mean many different things. This pool was really warm.

Could have been us! laughing2.gif   Molly was 6 at the time and has blonde curly hair.  I was there with a friend and her ten year old daughter.  We sat out the front drinking a lot.  ph34r.gif

#18 Harmonica

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

The Islander Resort at Noosaville - really great value for money, fully self contained, pools, across the road from the river, walk to eateries etc.

http://www.islandernoosa.com.au/

#19 SisterMaryElephant

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Personally, I'd stay on Hastings street if I could.  The great beach right there, and you're able to duck back to your room if needed. Also, walking to restaurants. So much easier.

#20 nicknick

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hasting st is the best, as PP said right on the beach and close to shops/restaurants etc. The Sebel is popular with families there and has good accommodation with a kitchen.

#21 hoohoobump

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

http://www.noosabeachapartments.com.au/pag...servations.html

We've stayed here a couple of times with DS. It's an apartment in the French Quarter resort that the people rent privately. Non-beach side of Hastings St, has a big pool, walk to the beach/surf club in a couple of minutes.

We didn't take the car out much. There's a park nearby, but not a heap of play equipment there.

#22 toc76

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

still looking for recommendations

#23 lclb

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I've stayed in Mooloolaba at both the Mantra Sirocco and Zanzibar in the last year. They are self catering, with laundry facilities.

The pool is somewhat better in the Sirocco but it is the more expensive of the two.

The beach is right across the road, there is also a playground.

All the cafes and resturants you could want are downstairs from the apartments and it is an easy stroll to Coles.

The surf club is an easy walk and a great dinner option!

I found Mooloolaba to be much more child friendly and chilled out than Noosa.

#24 sebtobi

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

We stayed at RACV Resort at Christmas time with our 5, 3 and 1 year old and had a great time.  Staff were awesome with the kids, accomodation was excellent.  It isn't right on a beach, but close to everything.

#25 Mumma3

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

A little bit out of Noosa, but we stayed at Coolum last year and would go to this place again tomorrow if we could! Coolum at the beach

Pools were great - there was a lovely toddler pool area, Coles supermarket right across the road for self catering, walk to fantastic kids playground across the road at the beach. It was only about 10-15 minutes drive from Noosa if you want to go there, and there is also a bus if you don't have a car.

We got a villa, so had our own rooftop spa which was wonderful!

HTH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ebk-canonD30-thumb

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.