WDYT of InfaSecure Foldable Booster

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 mychichi

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hi, I am looking for a spare booster to have in the car so I can help out with lifts to school and in Big W came across the InfaSecure Foldable Booster. Seeing that I can easily fold it up in the boot for storage, only 40cm and costs $59 I thought it might be OK? I would be only using it for primary aged school children and it would be in the middle seat between the boys who are in SnS HiLiners. I wouldn't mind getting another HiLiner but I don't think it would fit. sad.gif

If you have this seat, wouldn't mind hearing your opinion on it. original.gif

#2 IsolaBella

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

I am considering it for similar reasons.

Firstly though it is a non adjusting seat, so don't expect kids over 130cm or so to use the seat as they may be too big.

The armrests are nice and low to keep the belt down.

#3 FeralBob!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Ah, that looks lke what I need - a 2nd booster seat for emergencies/playdates.

Thanks, OP  original.gif

#4 mychichi

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Thanks Isobella original.gif the boy that I have in mind is just six and I am sure he is shorter than my son (who is about 117cm, I should check!) so we would get good use out of it. His mum is having a baby in a few weeks, and she also has a three year old so was hoping to offer to take her eldest home for her.

Just looking at the manual I am not sure I like the look of the seatbelt for an older child?  unsure.gif I get DS1 to try and sit in it and see what I think.

Just be handy that can store it flat in the boot. Just wondering if you know of any other narrow boosters that might be suitable?

#5 mychichi

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (WingBob @ 31/01/2013, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, that looks lke what I need - a 2nd booster seat for emergencies/playdates.

Thanks, OP  original.gif

No worries, look like can get them at Kmart and Big W for $59 :

ETA Big W have them on sale for $49! Big W sale link

Edited by mychichi, 31 January 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#6 dae-gu

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

We have one! Have just flown interstate with it. Easy to carry aroiund airport (DS2 4.5 yrs proudly carried his holiday seat himself). Great in and out of taxis. Didn't fit well in my friends 3rd row of a SsanYong Rexton, but was fine in 2nd row.

My SIL passed away suddenly before chrissy and as a family we have bought heaps of these to have in all our cars so we can help transport the kids around.....both the 4yo and 6yo fit well in them, though 6yo won't last too much longer (he is tall and skinny).

#7 dae-gu

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I think they are on special this week at bigw $10 off, as part of the baby sale.

#8 Jaffacakes

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Sorry to barge in... this is an untethered booster isn't it?

#9 dae-gu

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yes it is untethered as its under 2kg.
Instructions do say to keep seatbelt around it when not in use though. I keep ours in the boot when unused.

#10 IsolaBella

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Like PP have said it is an untethered booster as it is below 2kgs in weight as per the require,nets of the Australian standard.

Think of it as the new replacement for half boosters which are getting harder to find as they no longer are part of the Australian standard (ie 2010 update but still legal to use as they were approved under the 2004 standard).

All car seats sold in Australia must meet the Australian Standard. To sell a seat not approved is illegal.

#11 LeiLei

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I wanted to get one for the odd occassion my six-year-old sits in our third row, but she is too tall for it.  THe height markers are quite low.

But i think it's a good seat for occassional use.  Easy to use, slim and lightweight.  I would have no hesitiation using it as a spare if my DD fit.

IT does meet Aust Standards and has been extensively tested.  It might feel a little flimsy as it has to stay under the 2kg limit but it still positions the seatbelt properly for a child and has an anti-sub design.

#12 -clare-

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Fast reply on phone but I have it and is great!kid safe wa confirmed for me its suitable for my intended use

#13 Stronger

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Yep I have one for exactly that - a spare seat to take friends out etc and it is great! Used it today when I was looking after a friend's child. I feel better knowing that the seatbelt is kept low on the body is less chance of submarining and I feel much happier using it than just a half booster which really is quite useless!

It is so easy to put in and out of car as well! I paid $59 for mine as I got it when it first came out before Christmas but is worth every cent!

#14 BronR

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I bought one of these today for similar reasons. I friend will be picking my DD and DS up from school 1 day per week. She has a seat for DD in the back but DS7 will sit in this seat in the front of her car (he is a short 7 year old).

#15 beaglebabe

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

I bought one last week, and ended up taking it back as my (recently turned) six year old was only a centimetre under the upper height marker.  I compared it to the other infa seats Big W had, and the upper height marker was quite a bit lower (about five centimetres lower than one of the seats).

So it's not great for older/taller kids.  Which is a shame as it would have been a perfect seat for my parent's car.

#16 IsolaBella

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Booster seats are only required to seat children up to 128cm for a standard seat and 135cm for the New up to 10yrs type seats (SnS Encore is only seat currently in this category).

Some seats do last much longer then this though.

#17 Razman

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

DS, almost 5, is still in the harness in the ezy combo but almost at the booster marker. I expect he'll get there over the next few months. DH will be out of action for CC pick up and drop offs for the next 6 weeks and grandparents and I will need to do it. Between us there's 3 cars and 2 ezy combo's. We need a cheap seat to cover the 3rd car and I remembered this thread. The seat will probably be used 2-3 times a week over the next 6 weeks.

I couldn't find the seat on CREP - does anyone know if its rated?
Anyone seen it on special?

And would you recommend it in our circumstances? Or is there a better alternative?

#18 IsolaBella

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

CREP is very behind for 2010 standard seats. No this seat has not been CREP tested.

For your situation yes I would consider the seat. Other option would be to get a Vario style seat for only $99

Here is the Ventura for $118 ay bigw

http://www.bigw.com.au/baby-kids/carseats/...le-booster-seat

Edited by lsolaBella, 01 May 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#19 Razman

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

thanks

#20 CallMeFeral

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

I have one as a temporary/emergency seat. It does it's job I guess - it's pretty flimsy so I wouldn't use it for a permanent seat but it's very handy as a foldable spare seat and still better than the old bum-only sort of boosters. Plus it's narrow so fits between my kids 'proper' seats when we have another child along (although buckling it in in such a tight scenario is a real headache - does anybody have any tips on this?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.