Board or Card Games for 4 year old

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kenzi_Bubble

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

What are some good board or card games your kids around 4 love?

So far I know DD likes Monopoly Junior Party and UNO, but I would like to get some more.

Alos maybe some stimulating ones, but I dont know what ones are good.

Also, aside from Target, Kmart, Big W and Toys R Us, can I get them anywhere?

I am in West Syd if that helps with the location part lol

If you have some that have been outgrown, I will happily buy them and pay postage if need be :-)

#2 Bel Rowley

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

My 4 year old loves:

Fish (with regular cards)
Monkey Bingo
Snakes & Ladders
Memory

#3 -Belinda-

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Snap and dominoes (kids version) are favs of DD4.

Bought a monkey equivalent of kerplunk from Target but she hasn't really got into it, still too young I think.

#4 rynandstompy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Maybe Snakes and Ladders? Snap? Memory card or tile games?

This may be a tad on the young side but "Go Away Monster" has been popular with DD and family friend toddlers who are 3 and almost 4. DH read about it on boardgamegeek.com . He said there's heaps of reviews and threads by parents who're keen to find good boardgames for their own kids. I think to train them up early  biggrin.gif

Not sure how to find such threads but here's the write up   of this game.

#5 Beancat

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

DS has just turned 4  in January.  We play monopoly, trouble, guess who, connect 4 and he has just started chequers

#6 Percoriel

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

My DD loved Candyland at that age. It doesn't have a dice, rather you move to the next coloured space matched to the card picked up.

Chimp and Zee make great board games for that age too. Who is the Princess is a wonderful game.

The SHopping List Game is a good one too. http://www.gamesparadise.com.au/orchard-toys-shopping-list

Edited by Percoriel, 31 January 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#7 mad madam mim

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

We got DS2 Dizzy Dizzy Dinosaur for Christmas, he loves it, but then he is a bit of a dinosaur nut so we knew he would lol.

He also has Gator Golf, and we got him Crocodile Dentist for his 4th birthday next month.

We also have Pop Up Pirate, Trouble, and Headbands.

#8 ednaboo

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Spot It is great.  You can get it at Amazon or try stores like Australian Geographic.

#9 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

My 4 year old is another fan of The Shopping Game.

She also plays

- Kerplunk
- Tip It
- My First Guess Who (though I think the original would be better).
- Zingo
- Trouble
- Beetle
- Dominos

Card games

- Go Fish
- Memory
- Snap

#10 Luvmy4

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Guess Who was always a favourite here

#11 countrymel

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

My nephews had something called 'Crazy Chef' - it was very popular (and didn't send the adult playing along batty either!)

#12 tiggy2

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Zingo, guess who, spot it, snap, matching games, boggle jnr all popular here.

#13 PippityRoo

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Skip Bo is a great card game.

#14 Guest_CaptainOblivious_*

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

We play a lot of beetle, trouble, snakes and ladders, hungry hippos and so on with our 3.5 and 6yr old.

#15 beckles5

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

My kids love 'Old Maid'.  DD is 4 and DS is 3.

#16 Kenzi_Bubble

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Thank you all for the ideas, now to whittle them down to a couple i can buy now, and the rest to save for!

#17 Therese

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

Candyland was my girls favourite at that age original.gif

#18 msro82

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Orchard games do some fantastic ones for this age group. Jelly elephants was a fave here.

#19 Peppery

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

I am glad i saw this thread. I have been wanting to buy DD some more boardgames. Currently DD enjoys snap, memory, dominoes & hungry hungry hippos.

Edited by Peppery, 01 February 2013 - 08:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.