MOOGOO!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 wca

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

So, next payday I am going to spoil myself and suss out a new skin care range. I currently use Nivea and Olay, but really want to steer towards the more natural lotions and potions. I have heared so much about MooGoo and have always wanted to try it. I have just been on the website and it looks really good. SO, do you use it? What do you think? What type do you use? Many thanks in advance original.gif

Anni xx

#2 Hattie

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

My DH uses it and loves it. He has very sensitive skin and it has worked wonders for him. On his face he uses the Udder Cream - it has completely cleared his eczema - and he also uses the Milky Shampoo which has completely cleared his dry, flaky scalp.

Cheers,
Julie

#3 Boombox

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

I got some for Xmas and just love it! I use the anti aging face cream and the udder cream (skin milk). The udder cream has some slightly disturbing instructions about rubbing into the clean udders after milking, but apparently that is where the idea for the product came from. It smells really nice, and both of them are so well absorbed. I'll be buying more for sure!

#4 wca

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for that!
I find that most the creams I use these days might be too 'strong', my eyes are always stinging and red and I have worked out that it's from the moisturisers I currently use. Once I have washed my face at night and got it off, my eyes feel so much better.

Anni xx

#5 WinterIsComing

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

DS reacted to the Nappy Cream, so we went back to the Sudocrem.

It's nice, I used it in pregnancy on my belly due to it being supposedly free of any chemicals that can harm the baby  and a simple formula...but...I would not use it on my face now. I would pick Olay any day since Olay has the strength of a multinational company with billions spent on anti-aging research, jam packed with ingredients that actually work, while MooGoo just packaging a simple fragrance free moisturiser, that feels nice but will do stuff all for skin aging prevention.

ETA: you might just have super sensitive eyes that react to a certain ingredient, and indeed a simple moisuriser could be better. I can only use clear gels on my eye lids. However, there are plenty of moisurisers that don't feel "strong" and yet effective, since they are free from irritating ingredients. I highly, highly recommend Paula's Choice since her creams are so full of anti-oxidants, try her Nature Care (or similar) line, they feel just as nurturing as MooGoo yet would carry many more effective ingredients.

Edited by WinterIsComing, 01 February 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#6 wca

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

whoops double post

Edited by wca, 01 February 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#7 Escapin

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (wca @ 01/02/2013, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for that!
I find that most the creams I use these days might be too 'strong', my eyes are always stinging and red and I have worked out that it's from the moisturisers I currently use. Once I have washed my face at night and got it off, my eyes feel so much better.

Anni xx

Eek! That's no good. A beautician did tell me once that you don't need to put anything too close to your eyes as your skin will naturally carry the cream closer to your eyes anyway. So maybe steer clear a bit?

And re Moogoo, yep, love it here too. I use the shampoo and conditioner, and have a non-itchy scalp for the first time ever. And the Udder Cream I use on DD's dry skin patches, cradle cap, excema, nappy area - anything really!

#8 wca

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

MooGoo just packaging a simple fragrance free moisturiser, that feels nice but will do stuff all for skin aging prevention

This is my only concern. Have just turned 30 so would like something with anti-aging properties.

Anni xx

#9 Pixar

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

I love the oil face wash too. Takes a little getting used to. Washing your face with an oil product, but it is lovely.

Personally I think most of the "anti-aging formulas" are bunk anyway, just nice smelling moisturisers with lots of expensive, impressive sounding add ins.  Stay out of the sun, don't smoke and use a basic moisturiser and your skin will look as good as using the "anti-aging" stuff.   jmho wink.gif

#10 RachealJane

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

I use the milk wash on my face and body, I love it.

I tried the sample of an anti aging one they had but wasn't heaps impressed do I've stuck with Olay for that as it has the sunscreen in it too.

#11 brazen

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

am LOL'ing at the 'skin ageing' comments, do you really believe that a product can really help with that??? if it helps you i've been using moogoo for about 10 years now and people always think i look younger than my age wink.gif (let's not mention they always have lol)

anyway, yep, our whole family and my extended use various moogoo products as our main skin care range. LOVE it.

#12 Stanzy

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Love moogoo! I can't wait to try more of their products. I use their conditioner and moisteriser- I now have my dermatitis under control.

#13 Jax12

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Where can you buy the shampoo and conditioner?  Do regular stores stock them?  Am thinking I will need to convert.

#14 Boombox

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Same here brazen- those "big name" products certainly have effective marketing strategies. But if it's temporary plumping effects that you're after go ahead with Olay and the like.  original.gif

(FWIW Moogoo anti-ageing cream does have independently clinically proven anti ageing ingredients- most creams don't invent the anti ageing additives- they buy the right to use them from the group that found, tested and has the rights to them. Therefore a company doesn't have to be a huge multinational to be able to provide effective anti ageing products)

#15 wca

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

do you really believe that a product can really help with that
LOL, no deep down I don't believe all anti-ageing products do as they claim, but I'm a sucker and it makes me feel better. I have a great diet and take care of myself and know thats the the key original.gif

I saw that they have a moisturiser with SPF in it, anyone know what it's like?

Anni xx

#16 Ice Queen

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

I have bought everrything online.

Yes, I am new convert.  I love the rose hip oil and it is very inexpensive.  I put it on every night as well as the eye oil.  Not sure if I would repurchase the eye one.

On my next order I am going to get the body wash.

With regard to the Olay comment.  I have been using that for about 6mo and it is the worst my skin has every looked.  The rosehip oil is making some inroads.  I have some Paula's choice in the mail and I will never use Olay again.

#17 angel82

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

I love my moo goo, but I now use a body cloth that has cleared up my skin so much and very rarely need to use the moo goo.

#18 Kay1

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

I also react with stinging eyes to many creams. Unfortunately I also react to the Moogoo anti ageing cream with resveratrol which is a shame because it really seemed to improve my skin. I LOVE their cream with MSM....it soothes my skin when I'm reacting to something. Its great for any kind of rash. I use pretty much only moogoo products now because I don't react to them and tey work.

Only downside is the big tubs they come in. It seems unhygienic to me, I'd much prefer pump packs.

#19 Freddie'sMum

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Love it.

I have got the Milky Wash, and the Shampoo and Conditioner for the girls (so all in one bath time = done).  I have to say the Shampoo and Conditioner is honestly the best I have used on their hair esp for Miss-5 who was starting to have an itchy scalp.

I also have their hand cream (sorrry, forgotten the name) and during winter I suffer from eczema and it works !!  Nothing else did.

I have found a local chemist that stocks it - so am happy to buy it there.

Love it.

#20 The Old Feral

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

I love it for hair and body but don't like the smell of the face creams.

If you're looking for natural products try Natio, another ethical Australian company,  also easier to find and a much bigger range than MooGoo.

#21 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

I just started using the shampoo on the 1 year old who has a tendency to get cradle cap, it's seemed to have started clearing it up.  I think I'll end up buying the bath milk too, as it's cheaper than the one I'm currently using.

It doesn't really do anything for me as a product to use for myself.

#22 GreenEyedGirl

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I use the shampoo & conditioner its the only thing that keeps my itchy scalp under control.
The face cleansing oil is also good.
I haven't tried any of their other products but prob will at some stage.
You can usually find their products at health stores or order them online.

#23 namie

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

I like MooGoo but found it wasn't hydrating enough for me in summer. I also love Sukin products.

#24 mama2carysbaileigh

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

The only thing I haven't liked so far is the lip balm, feels like I am trying to put glue on my lips!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• The Boxtrolls is due for release September 18.

Movie review: The Boxtrolls

Alan Snow?s bestselling novel, Here Be Monsters, offered the creators of Coraline and ParaNorman the perfect tale for their latest stop-motion animation film about a family of box-dwelling trolls who live under the streets of Cheesebridge.

• Lah-Lah's Adventures airs on the Cbeebies channel on Foxtel and Austar.

'Lah-Lah's Adventures' a musical treat for young and old

Sydney-siders with tiny tots have been loyal followers of the Lah-Lah band for many years but the boisterous children?s music group from the inner-west continue to grow their following with their own television series.

• ppcard-thumb

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less: what is your best pregnancy or parenting tip?

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.