What do you think is best after the wedding?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

So, DF and I would like to do something nice after we get married. At most we can spend 1 week doing it, because we want to get back to spend time with DSDs.

So, we figure our choices are say 3 nights at a 5 star hotel. Or go somewhere less luxurious for longer... somewhere???

Is there something else we could consider to do?

Ideally I want to keep it until $1500.

So, hit me with awesome suggestions!

#2 Bel Rowley

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'd probably prefer to go somewhere different, depending on where you live I'd probably look into flying to another city for a couple of nights and doing the fancy hotel thing there instead.

#3 Jenferal

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I'd go away for longer, perhaps the Blue mountains or somewhere touristy but with a nice hotel.

#4 Cranky Old Woman

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

The Roundhouse

This is a bit of a drive from Canberra but is so beautiful.

#5 FeralRebelWClaws

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Jenflea @ 02/02/2013, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd go away for longer, perhaps the Blue mountains or somewhere touristy but with a nice hotel.

I think that might be a winner idea! Maybe 4 or so nights in the blue mountains! DF really wanted to head into the centre of Sydney and we could go on the train!! I didn't want to stay in the city of Sydney because I lived there, so it's not that exciting, but mostly because I don't want to pay $50 in parking LOL

I *think* we've narrowed it down to the Carrington or the Palais Royale... I'm leaning towards the Carrington.

Edited by PussyDids, 02 February 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#6 fooiesmum

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hmmmmm - Mid March, could be really warm or maybe not???

If you want the mountains, I love the Old Leura Dairy - you can self cater which is nice, take your breakfast supplies and then wander around for lunch and pick up the makings for dinner.

http://www.oldleuradairy.com.au/buttercupB...ttercupBarn.htm

If you really fancied the CBD the Sheraton on the Park have some fantastic deals going at the moment, they have a great lunchtime buffet, beautiful pool and great park views - train it in and pick & choose what you'd like to eat - lots of great restaurants around to choose from, art gallery to wander through, ferry to Manly for the day, cocktail at the Opera bar as the sun sets..........maybe check out halftixs and see if there is anything on one night you're there.  A tourist in your home town can be pretty amazing too.  
http://deals.sheraton.com/Sheraton-On-The-...N_SOP_US_SI_140

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.